“Another great vacation”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto, Canada
“Another great vacation”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed at Aventura Cove Palace Jan 27-Feb 3, 2013. We traveled with our kids, age 3 and 6. We had stayed here once before in 2004 when it was all Aventura Spa Palace and adults only. We had been treated so well before we decided to see how it was changed to a family resort. Once again, we had a fantastic time!

The good:

- Check-in was super easy. The bellmen, front desk and concierge all greeted us warmly and made us feel welcome. We were given a ride on a golf cart to our room in the Accordion building (very close to the kids club and Mundaca's).

- Our room was always fully stocked - the fridge was stocked early in the day, our room was cleaned and new shampoo, soap, towels were ready before lunch. At bedtime, turn down service always gave us plenty of chocolate.

- The staff was so friendly! Everyone we met greeted us nicely, and seemed to get a huge kick out of our kids trying to speak to them in Spanish. I really couldn't get over how happy and helpful they all were.

- Service was amazing. Anywhere we were in the resort, there was always someone with a smile asking if we'd like something to drink, and it almost always came quickly!

- The resort was well kept and clean. Everywhere from the lobby area, the rooms, the restaurants, pools, kids club - immaculate. The resort also has WiFi and free calling to Canada from your room!

- Food was great and plentiful! I've got picky eaters, and there were always choices that they would eat. Other reviews made me wary of the food, but it was never a concern. Our kids aren't the greatest at restaurants, so we stuck mainly to the buffets and an a la carte at Mundaca's, as well as the Sweets counter and the pool side bar. No reservations needed for a la cartes. Room service comes quickly!

- Kids club. Staff were so good with all the kids. Even after only meeting them for a few minutes at a time, they remembered their names and made them feel welcome. They were fun, enthusiastic and seemed to love working with kids! Definitely do the Saturday night show - it's a 45 min show with all the characters - Barney, Angelina Ballerina, Bob the Builder and Thomas. The daily events are at 4pm, and only about 15 min.

- Kiddie pool. It's only about a foot or so deep, and it's a small structure, but great for my 3 year old. He played in that pool for hours.

- Nightly entertainment - We especially liked the Mexican Fiesta!

- No ugly wrist bands that some resorts make you wear.

- Construction - although we were told there was construction going on for renos to become the Hard Rock, we never heard it, nor noticed any of it.

- It's not a huge resort. Since we had kids with us, we mostly stuck to the Cove side. Everywhere is easily walkable, even for our kids.

The not so good (if I have to be really, really picky):

- It's about an hour from the airport. Felt like a long ride after the flight from Toronto, but I've heard of others having to go further.

- We had forgotten how small the rooms are. For a couple on a honeymoon, it was fine. Now that we have two kids and considerably more luggage, it felt a little cramped. The huge jacuzzi does take up a lot of space, but the kids loved having baths in it!

- The pools felt cold. We were there during a not-so-hot week, weather wise, and I'm sure that made the difference. It was still fine to swim in the pools, just took a few more minutes than usual to get used to the temperature. The cove was warmer.

- The cove is not a beach. Obviously, we knew this from going before. Still okay, as long as you know what you're getting into. Definitely bring water shoes, as the bottom of the cove has some sharp rocks/shells. I got a small cut on my foot. The kids were fine in their water shoes and flippers.

- Food at the pool side bar takes a long time. Don't order from a server, just walk up to the grill where the food is being prepared and serve yourself. Same with the frozen drinks - it's quicker to pour your own. These servers serve the entire pool area, cove area and the bar, so that's why it takes longer.

- The $1500 credit. You still have to pay the 11% on whatever you use it for. Our Sunwing agent recommended to use it for spa services, the special dinners or the tequila tasting, rather than excursions. We were mostly interested in excursions and jewelry. We didn't even come close to using it all up. Using it for the jewelry store was confusing, and they didn't even ask for the credit, but I still got a good deal. We used the credit for the Tulum tour, and the beach club. The Tulum tour guide could use some help with manners, but that's not the resort's employee. The credit is not applicable toward the more well-known parks - Xelha, Xcaret, Xplor. On a positive note, we heard it would be difficult to access the vacation planners, but they were always available within a couple of minutes whenever we needed them.

- The games room / teen room - didn't have much in the way of their arcade. Two machines weren't working properly when we were there.

- Sunscreen is $20 USD a bottle. (Silly us for not bringing enough :( )

I would absolutely recommend this resort for a family with young children, assuming you are okay with not having an actual beach. My biggest concern is always service - and the service here was excellent! Happy, friendly, extremely helpful staff! Book early though, as we noticed the price went up significantly as the trip got closer.

Room Tip: Accordion building is close to the kids club. We had a regular suite and found it a little small for...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank J N
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Hi J N, thanks you very much for your comments.

We are very glad to know that we provided you with an excellent service and that we exceeded your expectations.

We always take care of our customer needs, that is why, we provide you all the amenities and services into your room and around our resort areas. It’s good to know that you enjoyed our friendly and warm service which is our characteristic.

Our entertainment team work hard innovating activities to enjoy our facilities, if you come to the cove side is to enjoy a familiar vacation; in our kids club we offer to our little guests special shows and activities to get their own wonderful experience.

Remember that resort credits is an extra bonus, is noteworthy to mention that you don’t pay any additional charge to get it, but you can take advantage going to excursions, spa treatments and buy jewelry. We will share your comments concerning the pool bar to take the corresponding actions to avoid this occur in the future.

Once again we appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again in our resort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,275)
Woodstock
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My husband and I as well as another couple stayed Feb 8th - Feb 15th.
This has been by far the best resort we have picked yet!
We are excited to see what changes Hard Rock will make and look forward to returning.
Our trip started off on the wrong foot. The day of our departure the weather was calling for a bad snow storm in Toronto. We had an early flight and heard of the weather so we booked a room at the Holiday Inn across the road from the airport and stayed over the night before. Our 10:30am flight boarded at 11:30am but because we had to wait in line for deicing we didn't take off until 5:30pm. Given that we hadn't eaten before boarding we were very hungery. I'm sure because of this many will be upset with Sunwing and find a way to blame the weather on them. I would like to say thank you to the team of flight attendants that kept the passangers calm during our wait. There were many children on board who were quiet the whole time, it was the older people around us that constantly complained. It took a lot of restraint from my husband and I to not say something to them.

I am always surprised by the people who don't do any research on their destination. An example was a group of people I met on our bus going to the same hotel as us, they didn't know that the Cove side was meant for all ages and Spa was adult only, they didn't know that they had access to the whole resort. Maybe I go overboard researching but we even e-mailed ahead and booked our day trips. The first day we were there we booked our spa appointments and got the choice of time for the day we picked.

Our arrival to the hotel was smooth and without problems. Upon arrival we were surprised that the hotel doesn't have wrist bands for guests, they did for kids under 18 or for Palace Members. We put in a request to be close to the spa side so we could be in the middle of the resort and they did exactly that. We were on a ground floor room in the oboe section. We overlooked the labrith and the ocean. The bell hop took us to our room and made sure we had everything we needed. Because it was a late arrival we ordered room service as no restaurants are open after 11. Our food arrived within 20 min, hot and exactly what we ordered. I went looking for the ice machine for drinks as all rooms have liquor dispensors and beer. As I was wondering the halls one of the bell boys stopped their cart, got out, asked if I needed ice, took the bucket from me, asked me to wait, went running up the stairs and filled the bucket with ice and returned it to me. Now if that's not serice I don't know what is! Needless to say, all ice machines are on the second floor:)
Our rooms were cleaned between 12 and 4 most days, there was the Thurs where they had a lot of guests coming and going and we had a message that house keeping would be in around 5 and they were there at 4:30, we were already back in our room so we just accepted fresh towels.
The turn down sservice is nice, they would dim the lights, close the curtains, pull back the sheets and turn on the radio:)
Our safe was digital and had no concerns with using it. House keeping did leave the patio door unlocked one day by accident so we made sure to keep all valubles locked up.

Everything you hear about the chair saving is unfortunately true. I was up at 7 and all chairs around the adult pool were taken. However...you can get a chair around the cove pool any time of day, sun or shade! Both the cove and the spa have swim up bars, the cove side has stools but the spa does not. If your at the cove bar say "Hi" to Aldo, he also does the Tequila Tasting at the Hotel on Sat so he knows his drinks!
The pool was being cleaned often but the sun screen can make the stairs slippery so please be careful. They have both local and domestic drinks and they can make anything you request, but if your up for some fun just say "surprise me." Many people brought their own travel mugs and we did too but we found that the service was so fast that we didn't have to worry about waiting for drinks or the ice melting. In most cases the waiter would bring your next round before your glass was empty and they would remember what you ordered from day to day. They serve drinks anywhere at the pool or beach, you don't have to be a member or VIP.

For us the food was great, I used my credits for lobster at the Mundaca restaurant so I got surf and turf. I got 2 lobster tails, it was considered 1 piece and was 53 dollars/points so I paid $5. Remember that you pay 11% of the bill, so as a Canadian we saw it like paying the tax on a free item. The waiter was fantasitc, he made us flowers from paper and played a great trick on our friend. They make sure all glasses are topped up, they pull out chairs, place napkins on your lap, remove dishes as soon as your fork is set down, amazing service. I simply can't imagine why people complain about the service, maybe it's because their so miserable that the staff avoid them?
My favourite meal was the Hacienda, the Mexican restaurant in the Cove side. We decided to hand our menu back to Cesar and asked them to bring us their best dishes. After all, we wanted to experience mexican flavours in Mexico and they know the menu best. He asked if we liked spicey foods or sea food and made the choices for us. I had the tequila lime shrimp, fantastic. Even if your full, say yes to coffee after your meal, you won't regret it, the show they put on to make it and pour it!
My husbands favourite was the La Trattoria, the italian restaurant on the Spa side. It was Vanentines day and they gave a rose to each of the women at the restaurant. He had the veal and bacon risotto, we also used our credits to buy a couple bottles of wine for the table. A fantastic meal to end the week.
Mo Mo No Hana was good but they were quite busy. We requested the sushi roll but were told it would have to come after the main course, we never did get it but we were so full that we didn't miss it.
The buffet in the cove side for breakfast was great, I had something different every morning. They make waffles, poached eggs on toast baked in the oven with cheese, french toast, pancakes, fried eggs etc There was a guy complaining that they only had 1 toaster for the whole buffet, he said that he was a Palace member and would never return. I bit my tongue but wanted to say "great, more food and space for us when we come back"
The sports bar in the cove side was pretty quiet, they have pool tables and the guys could watch the hockey game.

Make sure you go on the monkey tour. It is every day at 4 and they meet in the Cove side lobby. There are spider monkeys that live in the trees between the Cove and the Spa side. Once you learn where they are you can go back when it's less noisy and get some better pics. Keep your eyes peeled for some other animals, they have a little creature that looks like a fox and another that is more like a badger.

If you plan to use the beach area and go snorkeling I would suggest water shoes or sandals. Once you get out toward the rocks were the fish are the stones can be sharp. We saw life guards treating wounds.
Take lots of sun screen, the hotel charges $20 a bottle so you're better off bring too much than too little.

Spa - I have been to a spa once before but have never had a wrap or facial so I thought I would use my credits and take advantage of it. My friend and I both booked the seaweed wrap with full body massage and papaya facial. I would suggest to go early so you can use the other offereings like the steam room, sauna etc. so bring your bathing suit.
My wrap and massage was done by a man (Philipe), and I was a little nervous about it being that I was topless and wearing disposable underwear, but he was completely professional, and talked me through what he was doing at each step. My friend found her massage with another spa employee to be a little too rough and wasn't given direction as to what was being done or what to do next so she felt a little lost. But we both felt wonderful and our facials followed our wraps by different spa staff members.

The evening shows were great. They are held on the second floor in the Cove section. We saw the talent show and the fire show that was on the beach. They even had 1 night were they allowed vendors in to sell various items, everything from silver, clothes to art. But if you want variety I would still go to the market.

If you enjoy yoga they have a class every day at 8am. But it's not in the yoga hut on the main path, it's in one of the pavillions on the water, great view and breeze during class. I was pleasantly surprised that the class was challenging. They have other classes up at the gym on the spa side, the sign read Zumba, Spin Class and some others.

Check out was fine, the front desk called the night before to arrange a pick up time of our bags. They went over our bill and allowed us to pay cash or credit. There was a couple on the bus that had some problems with the bill. Be sure you keep all paperwork and recipts until check out. You have to provide room number, name and signature for all credits used so they should be able to track all charges.

Day Trips:
We had planned to use our credits to go to Chichen Itza but after sitting on a plane for 10 hours we couldn't bring our selves to sit on the bus for 6 hours, so, maybe next time.
We had also considered Isla Mujeres but we found out it was an 1.5 hr bus ride each way and a ferry ride to the island. You would be fed lunch but didn't include drinks. There is no snorkeling off the island, we would have had to pay to take us to the reef so we decided not to. If your looking for a day at the beach because the resort is lacking this, it would be a great choice and I hear they have shopping on the island.

What we did do is take a taxi to Playa del Carmen and did some shopping. The taxi charges a flat rate, there is no meters so it was $15 each way. It has changed a lot since we were there 10 years a go. Very modern shops, almost like a strip mall added to the local beach shops. We decided to stop at Senor Frog's for drinks and nachos and listened to the live music and had a blast.

We also did the Xplor trip through Sunwing. It was a short ride away, may 15 min, it's next to Xcaret. Xplor has ziplines, rafting, swim through caves and ATV like vehicles. Our bus got there when it opened at 9 and we did all activities, had lunch and had 30 min to spare at the end for a snack before we had to leave for the bus at 4:45. It's a full day, they provide a buffet lunch, drinks and snacks at different spots along the way. You get a locker to store your items. I would suggest water shoes/running shoes no socks or sandles with velco. Keep in mind the lockers are a bit out of the way and with the zip lines you go into the water so you will be soaked. The stairs and ramps get slippery when wet and the caves have sharp stones. So dress for all activities, don't plan to change after each one. Ladies, I would suggest you wear shorts that dry quickly, with the harness for the ziplines it can dig in to exposed skin. Anyone who is afraid of burning I would suggest a t-shirt as you will not be able to carry sun screen around with you. You have to wear a helmet the entire time due to the the stalactite in the caves, and safety concerns with zip lines, but the helmet also has a microchip that takes pictures at various spots. The pictures are $8 each or a memory card for $45. You can also view them on-line later and order at a later time.

If you plan to bring home alcohol we found that the prices were less at Playa del Carmen than they were at the Duty Free.

We hope you choose this resort and love it as much as we did!!

Room Tip: We asked for a room close to the Spa side, being in the middle of the resort is easier to get to all...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank aka_smitty
Hi aka_smitty, we would like to thank you for taking the time to send your comments about our resort.

We are very happy to know that our staff provided you with the excellent service our dear guests deserve and have come to expect from us. We appreciate you mentioned Aldo and Cesar, we are sure they made the best for you during your stay and they will be happy to read your kind comments.

There are many places where you can take advantage with your resort credits like the snorkel tour that you took, spa massages, golf tours, swimming with the dolphins, pyramids excursions, etc.

We appreciate your comments concerning the chairs; definitely we will share them with the management team for further consideration to avoid this occur in the future.

We value your comments, it`s important that our guests leave information that can be useful in their next visits to our resort.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to host you again in your next vacations.
Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We arrived at the Cove Palace on 2/6 for a 6-night stay. The resort is very nice. It is showing a bit of wear but they do a good job of keeping the resort up. We have been to Mexico the past 7 years.

Our family (ages 10 and 11 along with Mom and Dad) found the pool to be awesome. We spent most of our time there.

My son and I enjoyed the snorkeling tour with Jay and Victor. They did an awesome job. We were surprised with the types of aquatic live that lives in the cove. Jay, my son and I became friends during our tours. The smaller the size of the group the better for visability. Be sure to listen to them and stay away from the rocks.

The monkey tour is cool. We saw a number of spider monkeys. Victor worked hard to find them for us.

The staff in the buffet and resturants was great. Our friend Cesear and Manuel took very care of us.

The south most poriton of the resort is now under construction. If you are on the south side of the pools you will hear jack hammers. As the resort was not too busy we stayed on the northside and had no problems.

Room service and room clean up was very good. You ask for something and they do their best to get it for you.

The $1,500 resort great were good. We did spa, Dolphin, lobsters and photos. The photos were a disappointment. They gave us the wrong photos. My daughter had her nailed done and hair braided at the beauty salon in the Cove. She enjoyed that.

We had a $240 charge on our room at check out which was not our's. We asked and they removed it. ??? The front desk was not that organized in my opinion.

Room Tip: Stay on the northside, 3rd floor
1 Thank MX-Cheesehead
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Hello MX-Cheesehead thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

We think how turn your moments into wonderful memories and that is why we innovate activities in our resort, like the snorkeling and the monkey tour which is a way to keep in touch with our nature. It`s good to hear that you took advantage from our bonus “resort credits”.

We will let Victor, Jay and Caesar know that you are satisfied with their warm and friendly service; we actually have an incentive program for the staff members that our guest mentioned in their comments.

We hope to host you again in our hotel.
fort erie
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed February 01 to the 9th 2013. There was 10 of us in our group, all family. The ride to the resort was about one hour. We were the first stop. When we got to the hotel, there was no line and check in was a breeze.
Our rooms were located in the accordian section. They are on the smaller side compared to other hotels I've been to. They were always kept clean and spotless. We always had a stocked fridge with pop beer water and juice boxes. Yes that jacuzzi is a waste of space in the room. Although my 14 year old daughter and my niece put there swimsuits on and put lots of bubbles in there and swam around.
I can't talk highly enough about one of the waiters at the main buffet. His name is Ceaser. He welcomed our group every morning with a smile and good morning. He also asked us how our previous day was and when we were finished breakfast he would always say have a good day! He even gave everyone us a few family recipes of his!!
The food here was fantastic!!!!! When I read some of the other reviews it doesn't even seem like we went to the same resort. People complain about the stupidest things....the wait for alacarts....NO WAIT at all!!! They were quick and efficient at all times!
The dinners at the alacarts were amazing! The steak here was the best I've ever had at any resort (and I travel 2 times a year)
The cannolis at the Italian restaurant over on the spa side were fantastic!!!!!! The sushi and the peanut thai on the spa side was fantastic!! The kids 17 and under can't go on that side but the adults can,and it is worth the golf. Art ride over there for some really great food!!
I liked the cove side better to sit by the pool it was less crowded and more quiet belie even it or not! Alot of people from the spa side were coming over to our side during the day for that reason!
The credits were great! I got a massage, a facial, a lobster dinner for 3, and a chefs dinner for 3 and still had credits left..it only costed the11 percent tax which was $126 for all of that!
The lobster dinner was really good but I did notice that the steak I got was the same steak you could get any night at the steak restaurant..which was like I said best steak I've ever had! The chefs dinner was a must!! It was like a cooking show live...a chef would tell you each step of each course as he was making them, then we would eat eat course one at a time and each one is paired with a different wine....be prepared to drink alot of different wines! The soup was delicious!!!!!!
The drinks were great!!!!!! Aldo was our favorite bartender,he worked mainly at the pool bar..then at night is all over. He was super friendly, always smiling and quick to serve everyone!!!!!! Kudos to you, you deserve a promotion!!!!!!!!!
Our favorite drinks were a bumblebee shot, amaretto sour frozen,mango daquri made with Malibu, ceasers, and blue Hawaiian!!!!! They had all the top shelf liquor there that you can imagine!!!! If you drink single malts...they had macallan!
They even have clamatto juice for ceasers!!!! I was very impressed!!!!!!!
We went on a member tour (kinda like a timeshare) its right at the hotel, it was only one hour of our time and we got to swim with the dolphins for free for three of us!!!!!
Swim with the dolphins is right across the street but you have to take a cab ride because it's a busy road...the cab costed $7 each way which is a little expensive but worth it!
Do the monkey tour at the resort, it's really cute, you can see the monkeys in the trees!
Snorkeling at the resort is great!!!! Do the tour its really cool. You get to see so many cool things....just don't. Step in the grassy areas there are jelly fish that sting in there....we were told that and stayed away from the grassy spots but my daughter still got stung! They have vinegar ready at all times and it just looked like a mosquito bite, but stung for a few hours.
Don't listen to the negative reviews...this place really is amazing and if you have any questions at all I would be more than glad to answer them!!!!!!

5 Thank kara s
Hi kara s thank you very much for your kindly comments, we are very happy to know that you are satisfied with our service.

Thinking in everybody we created an adult and kid`s side to enjoy different experiences. We really appreciate your comments about our staff, we will let Aldo and Ceasers that they were helpful and friendly during your stay.

Is good to know that took advantage from our resort credits, remember that you can use it anywhere: for dinners, tours, spa treatments, excursions and to buy jewelry.

Our chef always is innovating flavors in food and beverages to experience our tropical touch of course with our Mexican hint.

Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to host again in our resort.
Morganton, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stayed Feburary 01-09, 2013. Our travel which was included to and from the airport went very smooth and check in was a breeze. At check in we had Mayra our guest services representative who explained the $1500 resort credit provided assistance with our booking and whatever we needed. Victor our bellman was so very helpful and works so hard for his family.

We did the resort presentation and had Flor Rico who was very personable and there was no any high pressure involved at all. This is a very beautiful resort and will be even better when the remodeling and transition to Hard Rock is complete!!

We were priviledged to meet the new hotel manager Mr. Rene Malacara Coss.He is going to be very people oriented and strive to make this a truly fantastic resort. The grounds are absolutely beautiful with pools across the front and a lagoon for snorkling and kayaking. The ocean is just beyond the rock so we really did not miss not having a beach.

Rooms are very nice and will be even better when they have the Hard Rock update.

Every staff person you encounter goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful. We traveled without children but it appeared the children's entertainment staff were excellent and provided all sorts of activites for all ages of children.

For breakfast at Vetanas, the chief cook is Giriselda who is fabulous making multiple omelets, pancakes and waffles at the same time with a big smile on her face. Cesar our waiter at breakfast was also very good.

The La Hacienda, Italian and the Mo Mo No hana were our favorites. At the Mo Mo No Hana- Abineal was our waiter who was excellent and his wife Pamela was also excelent who works in the Italian. Be sure and ask for both of them.The Mundaca for steak and seafood was good except the quality of the steak can be improved upon..

At the the pool the service was great and the pool bar serves many different types of sandwiches and pizza for lunch if you do not want to go into the restaurent. The pool waitress who really stood out for her service and hard work was Gabriela Alanis. Complements go to all staff for their service, wish I could remember all their names to give them a big thank you for their service. They work hard for little pay so a tip is very much appreciated by them to help support their families whom they are very dedicated to.

It is a 15 minute taxi north to Playa del Carmen which is such a beautiful little town to stroll around and buy your souvenirs. You can take the ferry across to Cozumel and visit that town or spend the day at the Cozumel Palace...

Spa was wonderful and how great to be able to use the resort money!!

Truly fabulous vacation we will definitely return!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Becky E
Hello Becky E, we are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, we will share your comments to our staff and we will let them know that they were friendly and provided you a helpful service.

Our chef always is innovating flavors for different tastes, is good to know that you experienced it and enjoyed it.

Our goal is that every vacation will be a memorable one and it will be a pleasure to host you again at any of our Resorts.

Once again thank you very much for your comments.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We travelled Feb 3-11 and had an amazing time. We were two families travelling together with 4 children under 6 combined.

We have nothing but great things to say about this resort, it is spotless, comfortamble and amazing service.

The staff are the nicest people you would want to meet- the kids club girls: Amber, Xaneth (Vanilla), Giselle and Natalie are fantastic with children, our gang wanted to be with them all the time. The activties provide a great indoor/ outdoor balance and these girls engage with the kids.

Waiters were excellent and food had something for everyone, lots of choices. Ross and Cesar are fantastic servers.

The entertainment crew were great- they kept the place lively and lots of fun for adults.

The rooms were accomodating, we had a groundfloor room and were happy with that, we were in the Acordian building which was close to the kids club- perfect for us in my opinion.

The spa was wonderful and we had no issue with the resort credits- all services were professional and high quality. We booked in advance of our trip over email and Ofelia was prompt and assuring in her correspondence. I did book additional services once there and it was not an issue, took a few minutes.

The snorkling in the cove was fun, lots of fish and kyaks were fun to use as well.

We had no issue getting chairs and service pool and cove side was prompt and efficient.

To sum it up it was an excellent trip, we would recommend it and we hope to return!

Thanks to all!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you have children, ask for the accordian building (1300 block), you'll be close to the kids c...
2 Thank Halijen
Hello Halijen, we very much appreciate your kindly comments, and we are glad to know that your overall stay was as you expected.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed our areas, we will let our kids club staff that you were satisfied with their service.

The spa is a good way to take advantage from our resort credits, is good to know that you enjoyed this relaxing time.

Thank you very much again for your comments, we really appreciate it.
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2013

My husband and two grand kids ages 13 and 9 stayed at this property. My husband and i have stayed at tons of resorts and wanted an amazing place for our grandkids considering this was there xmas present and first time ever. Check in was smooth, we had asked for nothing first floor but were told that our Garden standard room was only on first floor. We tried right off the bat to use our $1500 credit and were advised that you can't use the entire credit. Of course they have to make money! to move to 2nd or third with the same standard room it would cost us $500 credits plus an additional $200 american dollars. to upgrade to a family suite we would still use the $500 credit and pay an additional $800. We decided to just stay in the room we had and not worry about something simple as an upgrade. Our Jakuzzi did not work, ants in the room, and closet light came on in the middle of night and wouldn't go off. These were all fixed the next day by staff that were amazing. these people can't do enough for you anywhere in Mexico.
Our only problem we had with the resort was the lack of activities and lack of restaurants. choices weren't there. We had a mexican and steak house and the bar was made into a atalian at night. Buffet was very small but great for breakfast. All the restaurants were in the spa section. Climbing wall, obstacle course, current pool, miniture golf were also all in the spa and of course we weren't allow to go there because we had kids. these are exactly the things our grandkids would have done. Good thing for Ceasar and Victor with the entertainment staff. They really go out of their way to entertain the kids and gave us alot of laughs. Amazing happy guys.
We used the $1500 credit on messages and a trip to the cenote caves. We tried to book the dolphins but didn't book early enough and was not available. remember to book early because these are the only two trips you can use the credits on. We booked the cave for tuesday and the kids were sick. Adriana from the booking section was great and moved it to the next day with no extra costs. No where else we could do that.
The beach isn't a beach but you know that before you get there. I thought i would not miss it but in fact i really did. if you are really one that likes walking the beach don't go to this resort.
This is a great resort for the low cost that we spent $4000 for all four but if i knew more about the credit and that everything on both sides were not available we would have went somewhere else. This resort was only half full due to construction. If it was full you would be definately in lineups at meals. definately not enough room. If i knew about all the above i would have went to a actual 5 star place and paid an extra $1000 plus. On a final note though, staff,food and drinks are fabulous and worth the low cost.

1 Thank dgriffore
Hi Dgriffore, We are very happy to know that our staff provided you with the excellent service and is good t o hear that you enjoyed your stay, for sure we will let Adriana know that she was helpful and made your stay special; we actually have an incentive program for the staff members that our guest mentioned in their comments.

We appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again in your next vacations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Ri...
#1 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Barcelo Maya Palace
Barcelo Maya Palace
#6 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#34 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#3 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#24 of 209 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!