We arrived on March 16th. Our overall vacation was good, but I am going to rate them poor to show them they should treat their clients better at the front desk. We had booked three rooms. One room had two adults 2 kids (leaving one day earlier), one had 2 adults1 child and the other had Grandma and Grandpa. We arrived early so the rooms weren't ready but we were expecting that. We were told by 3 o'clock they should be ready. At 3 o'clock only one room was ready so we told them to give it to the grandparents since they wanted to go rest. At 3:30 the other two rooms were ready and we settled in. What we didn't realize until a couple days after when we were charging things to the rooms, the names on all three rooms were mixed up. We thought no big deal, we will just change the names. But because the family with the 2 kids were leaving one day earlier that didn't turn out to be the case. When we got the names settled out for the right rooms (for the room charges) the room with the one child in it was in the room that was supposed to be leaving one day earlier (the family with the two kids were supposed to be in this room) and the Hotel charged for the child staying in that room one extra day. I was not able to convince them that the family with the one child had a paid reservation for the full time for all of them. But because they had to switch the reservation to the other room that was booked to check out one day early, the computer created a charge for the child. I told them to give us a credit from the correct room reservation but they could not understand that. To make matters worse at check out they would not let us leave the resort until we paid it. Our transportation was waiting for us for 25 minutes while we were discussing the matter and then the driver told us he could only wait 2 more minutes because he had another appointment to pick up. The hotel would not release our luggage until we paid, so we paid it otherwise we would of lost our transportation to the aiport and had to pay for it ourselves. Also, to add insult to injury, the front desk blamed us for switching rooms.
On the positive side, we did like the resort and we did have a good holiday. The staff were friendly, the resort is clean. Lots of wildlife. Landscape is beautiful.The food was good. The buffet on the family side was not as good as the adult side. Their selection was better and fresher but we tried not to eat at the buffet as much anyways. The lagoons are really cool. Bring bread with you to feed the fish when snorkeling. No beach, but we knew that before we went and were ok with it. Shows are very good. The spa was great and it was good that we were not limited on on the resort credits for spa usage. That was a bonus.
Minor negatives. Not enough umbrella's around the pool. The few hut style ones are taken very early in the morning. They should let the teenagers stay a little later in the night club. It is on the family side. Once they kick them out, the club is empty anyways. No close bathroom near the center of the pool. We are Palace members and we really don't get treated any different or get any perks (other than a free mani and pedi) more than anyone else, so what is the point of buying in sometines we think.
This has been our 5th Palace Resort and I would place it 4th of the 5 we have been to. We still really like Palace Resorts and will continue to vacation with them. Don't think we would go back to this one though since there is better ones.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is the 1,264-room Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. And this is where luxury meets satisfaction on a stage of stunning tropical views, a private white sand beach, and exclusive saltwater snorkeling areas. It's all capped off with an inviting traditional design, legendary Hard Rock hospitality, and undeniable excess at every turn. Live large at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and enjoy the very best of paradise for all. Or, pack your appetite for opulence and hit Heaven - an elevated and exclusive retreat for adult guests only featuring a private adult beach, superlative amenities, and dining at its finest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Cove Palace Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Aventuras