“Great vacation!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Kirkland, Washington
“Great vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed here from 4/19-4/26 and had such a great time! The staff was amazing! Very helpful and kind. We tipped because we felt that is what we do but I know it isn't expected. But they deserve it! All the restuarants were pretty good. The Munduca started serving using the brazillian style with meat on the sword but I heard we went on the first night so it wasn't so good but I bet it will be great. The rooms were clean. The beds were nice. Used the credits had no issues like some had said. The only complaint I can think of is best day travel which really isn't affiliated with the hotel. When we checked in the following day after our arrival to get our voucher to get back to the airport (shuttle service) I had asked the gentleman what time do we need to be in front of the the hotel to be picked up? His response, " can't you read!?" I was appaulled. It was on the ticket I just didn't see it and I think that was really rude. But again this had nothing to do with the hotel itself. We will definately be going back! Thanks again for such the great time! BTW the entertainment (fire dancer's and the circus show) was so amazing!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Hello cmguire, thank you very much for your awesome review, we appreciate your comments and we are thrilled to hear that you had a great vacation and loved our Mundaca restaurant, your accommodations amenities and entertainment. We look forward to welcome you again to give you the best vacations ever.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,183)
Fort McMurray, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

We really liked our stay there; there were really nice things about the resort, and of course something to complain about like anywhere else. The room was very clean, everything was new and there was a jacuzzi in the middle of the room! The downside to that was that the floor got very slippery when wet and I wiped out once!
The staff were all very friendly, always saying hello when you walk by! My mother came with us to watch our son, and they had originally put her on the adult (spa) side, which meant that he couldn't visit her in her room. Even though they were fully booked, they were able to move my mom over to a room on the Cove side! It helped us a lot!
The food in the a la carte restaurants was very good, but I was not a fan of the buffets.
The pools were nice, there were quite a few of them and they were spaced out enough. The beach was so-so...it wasn't sandy at all, and there were steps leading into the water around the cove, which all made it hard for our son to enjoy the beach. The upside to the cove for our son, though, was that there were no waves, and the water was beautiful.

Room Tip: Garden view vs. Ocean view: I think ocean view costs more, but my mom's garden view actually had...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello smafy954, thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear that you had a great stay and our staff did their best to accommodate your family and made your overall stay wonderful. Thank you for the awesome pictures, we loved them! and we know that many readers will agree with you that our resort is a pretty good place for their next vacations!
Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

First thing to know is take a taxi or share a taxi going to the resort for $67, otherwise you will stop at Moon Palace and one other making the trip 2 and 1/2 hours long instead of the 45 min it should take, coming back the bus is fine as you are the last to be picked up.
They are extremely organized and quick to get you into your room. Service everywhere is fantastic. There are many activities throughout the day if you like to take part.
Everyone speaks very good English and wants to please the guests.
The man made cove is very cool, new fish with every new tide. The only down side to this is NO beach to walk on which sucks if you like walking on the beach like we do, but with that said we knew that before booking the holiday.
Between the Spa side and Cove side it is a huge resort so lots of walking but we like to walk. The gym is the best I has ever been to, there is nothing it needs to add to it.
Pools are huge and again lots of activities if you want to take part like basketball, water polo and volleyball.
The night shows are great compared to other places we have stayed at.
After the break was done there virtually no one left at the Cove side but they don't upgrade under any circumstance which is odd, but that's the only negative thing I can say about the resort, that and no beach.

1 Thank Gwib
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Hello Gwib, thank you for your review! We are glad you liked the great service from our staff and felt the warmness that characterizes Mexican people. And loved the different activities and sports we offer at the resort. To add on your comments, the transportation is provided by an external vendor, On Tour DMC, and if you booked your transportation service with them you will be taken directly to our resort with no stops, you can also book a private transfer for an additional cost. If you like more details on this feel free to contact us prior to your travel and we will be glad to help you make your bookings or you can book your transfers directly with them too. We hope you and our valued readers find this information helpful! We look forward to see you again and let us know what we can do to make your trip even better in your next visit to Aventura Cove.
michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

Originally had booked with Spa (adult only) side, but no concierge rooms, so we were placed in Cove side... Room 3315 had a great view of pool area and ocean. T he hammock on almost every room balcony was awesome! Food was decent. Not too many kids around. Bummed you can't swim past 8pm. Resort is older- 55+ average in my opinion. We won't go back because there is no beach- just lagoon. We knew this before arrival, but realized it was important to us at the end. Concierge room was NOT worth it- turn down only one of the 5 nights, no aromatherapy pillows available, couldn't book the 25 min massages. Beds were a tad hard. Rooms were always clean and never needed anything.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello kimzkidz, thank you for your review, we are glad you found your room view great and even better from your hammock at the balcony. We appreciate your feedback, and rest assured that we are passing your comments to our housekeeping supervisor and management team for a further review as we strive to make you feel at home and provide always an excellent experience at our resort and we hope we can welcome you back soon at Aventura Cove Palace.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

Our 7 year old daughter said it best as we entered the room, "Now this is the life". Our room was so beautiful and the weather was magnificent. Due to a close approaching fitness competition I was so happy to see the well equipped gym. It was phenomenal to say the least. Top notch machines and the cardio area overlooked the beautiful columns and pool below. I was able to take a yoga class and again it was breathtaking to see the waves crash along the rocks while we were in a covered gazebo sheltering us from the rising sun each day. We had the breeze of the ocean but not the direct heat from the sun. All the fitness personal were so accomodating and helpful.

There is even a fitness area OUTSIDE! it is between the Cove side and the Spa side. It is jungle with 'army type' of apparatus' throughout it. Check out our photos and see what I mean....soooooo cool. They have a rock climbing wall as well.

The Kids Club was another unparallelled experience for Nadia. Nataliya, Amber, Ann (I forget everyone's names) were so attentive and responsive. Nadia had the reprieve from the hot sun by playing video games with some of the club girls and doing some pretty great crafts. We could not believe the hours for the Kids club as well. They fed the fish in the cove, they fed the iguanas lounging by the pool and were able to have some pool time as well. Nadia loved having tea with the ladies and small gents in her group at the Sweet Cafe. At most other resorts, Nadia likes to tour and discover the Kids Club but spend most of her time with us however, at this resort she wanted to stay there morning to evening!

Christian at the front desk was so helpful but really everyone was amazing and it was hard to single anyone out for exceptional service.

One mention I HAVE to make though, is GET A MASSAGE AND REQUEST: Adelia Lopez!!!!! Seriously, her fingers felt like strong spiders. She was beyond amazing. I could not figure out what tecnique she was using because it seriously felt like having 2 people working on me.

Obviously I LOVED the resort credits. My husband laughs when I mention to people at home that I did have some credits left over....$67 to be exact. But the money was soooo well spent and I came back home more relaxed than I ever have (and we travel alot)

The food was sooooo good. I loved the ribs at the Steak House. I had a strict eating plan due to competing in 9 weeks but I was able to accomodate that plan with no problem at all! I was even able to progress my efforts during a VACATION! if you can imagine.

The pools are not heated however, the sun was so hot that we loved this aspect.

I literally do not have one thing negative to say about our trip from start to finish. The air conditioning at the gym was not working but I got great sweat/cleansing workouts in and I appreciated our colder home location a bit more and am reluctant to complain about a gym being too hot now. :))

I know there are complaints on this board regarding there just being a cove and no beach but seriously???? why???? Nadia got to feed tropical fish and we got to snorkel whenever we wanted. All we did is walk along the beach in Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen when we visited. No big deal. It was so beautiful to be able to see all the marine life so close up whenever we wanted. A Breathtaking Experience for Family for sure!!!!

If you have any questions, Please ask and I will see what I can do to help. I really loved this resort and want to go back there as soon as possible. I will upload photos this evening as they are on my home computer.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello bodyfx, greetings from your friends in Mexico! Thank you very much for sharing your awesome experience with us! We are so pleased to hear that your seven year old loved the Kids Club and the staff made her feel so comfortable and did not want to leave! It’s great to know that you found our fitness trail, yoga temple and fitness center areas very useful to stay in shape for your upcoming fitness competition; we all wish you the best of luck!
And what a perfect way to relax and pamper yourself than using your Resort credits for the spa and all the good stuff you can spend them on. And thank you so much for mentioning so many of our collaborators; we are passing your comments to each of them. We look forward to see you pretty soon too
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

Great place, amazing staff, beautiful pool. Luis Yekon, Griselda Luna, and Vianey were very friendly and provided excellent service during our stay. We loved the magic show, samba night; and the our son loved the Little Big club show characters- Barney, Thomas, and Bob the builder.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello Salimhirani, thank you for the sweet & short review! We appreciate your kind comments, and we are pleased to know that you all had much fun with the entertainment activities and felt the kindness of our collaborators at Aventura Cove Palace.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

My family went to this resort for a week in April and really enjoyed ourselves. We had our 4 year old with us and she had a blast as well, this resort is very family friendly. The service by the staff was excellent. In particular our waiter Luis Daniel Yekon in the Ventanas was superb. He made our daughter ballon animals and a special strawberry milkshake, which she loved. It was my birthday and he did his best to make it a very special experience for me as well, we truly enjoyed our dinner with him.

We have stayed at Palace Resorts for the past 6 years when traveling to Mexico. On our prior vacations we were always allowed to use the amenities at other Palace Resorts. Apparently this has now changed and unless you are a member you can no longer use the amenities at the other resorts. So if you are staying at Aventura do not plan on using the beach or facilities at Playacar Palace. This was very disappointing and we will consider other resorts on our next vacation.

1 Thank Jeremy A
Hello Jeremy A , thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear that you had a great stay and felt the family vibe we strive to portray. Thank you for your nice comments about the service, we will let Luis Yekon know you thought he did an awesome job. We sincerely hope you visit us again in the near future so we can pamper you with the best service in the Riviera Maya.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Ri...
#1 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,015 reviews
Barcelo Maya Palace
Barcelo Maya Palace
#7 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,606 reviews
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#32 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,466 reviews
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#2 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,820 reviews
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#19 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 7,842 reviews
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
5.0 of 5 bubbles 5,563 reviews

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!