“Fantastic Vacation”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Lanham, Maryland
“Fantastic Vacation”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

When I made the reservations for our trip to the Adventura Spa from July 17 – 24, 2013, I was a bit skeptical. I had heard this resort was secluded (1hr & 15 mins from the Cancun Airport), and it is 1 hour from the Cancun “strip”, where all the action is. Well, I am so glad my husband and I decided to see for ourselves. We had a fantastic time!!
Yes, it is secluded – but there is no need to leave the resort unless you were going to one of the many tours or activities in the area. The resort has everything you look forward to in a vacation – wonderful service, great food in the many restaurants, good drinks (unlimited), a gym with up-to-date equipment, and world-class entertainment. The atmosphere/environment was so happy and friendly. We made so many new friends. All the employees greeted you whenever they came in contact with you – not just when they are performing a service. This was so contagious – all the guests did the same whenever they ran into other guests.
Even the managers went over and beyond to make sure you had a great time. On our last night, we happen to mention our transportation was picking us up at 5:25 AM to take us to the Airport for a 9:40 AM flight. He insisted on sending us breakfast at 4:30AM before we left – and it was quite a “spread” when we received it.
We highly recommend Adventura Spa!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room/building close to the lobby area. This is where most of the restaurants are.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gracecharles
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Hi gracecharles, we appreciate your kind comments.

As you mentioned our resort is a bit secluded, a perfect getaway vacation!

As part of the all inclusive concept, we take care about everything, food, drinks, excursions and accommodations your commitment will be get some fun.

We hope to see you again soon.

Again thanks you’re your review.

Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,271)
Arcadia, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Have traveled to the other palaces and had great experience. However this time was horrible. the Loby's are HOT HOT HOT no a/c. They blame it on the remodeling. We stayed at the Cove it was HOT. The Aventura spa lobby areas was also hot and they did not have remodeling work yet. . Huge resort and can not afford a good A/C that is a shame. Our room was in the construction zone 2 doors up. Asked 3 times to change my room. NO Luck! Our room was resort view to all the construction workers and machinery. Needles to say the trouble we had. Room a/c was not working right. got fixed after several calls. Wifi did not work in rooms,Ice machine alarm next to our room went of several times, they would leave it going off all day long. Imagine fire alarm going off all day in your house. We amde several calls to get it taken care finanlly right before dinner they would fixed it. Ridiculous. Door lock was damage, called several times to get it fixed nothing was done until my kids got trapped inside. and to top it off the hallway smell like urine, belive it was cause of exposed plumbing the constructions rooms a few steps away. How about wakeing up to the hammering and banging going a few steps from your room. VERY RUDE .. some of us may be constrcution workers and decide to pay top dollars for our vacation to relax from the noise. Not pay to listen to it. Only good thing the waiters/bartenders were great, they make there best effort. note: if you are not a member be aware to get the worst rooms and service.

2 Thank guera72
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Hello guera72, we appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback, cause it help us to improve our service.

We are terrible sorry to hear about the inconveniences that you have mentioned, we reviewed our records and we did not find any information on the system regarding your issue, we always recommend to our customer to bring these matters to our attention during your stay to take the corresponding actions.

It is noteworthy to mention that our rebranding process will be taking place in smooth phases, from one resort area to another at different times throughout the next few months and all the common areas still opened.

With all due respect we want to clarify that all the rooms are inspected by Maintenance Supervisors before we assigned them, the AC should works plenty; special requests as room changes are subject of availability, unfortunately we were on high season and our occupancy was +100%.

Anyhow, we would like to provide you the follow up that you deserve that is why I sent you a private message to contact you to start with the necessary arrangements.

I hope hear from you soon.

utah
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed over the July 4 week. Aug 29 - July 6. The Cove and Spa sections were under construction, and the resort wasn't too full. I think they are doing construction on 60% of the rooms. When they finish, WOW. the Rooms will be amazing.

We stayed in a Presidential Suite and had 6 of us. 2 per room, and the other two in the HUGE living room area. The View was Amazing. Overlooking the Ocean.

Food. We enjoyed many of the restaurants. The Italian place was our favorite.
The Brazilian BBQ was good, The Mexcian restaurant in the Cove section was the better of the Mexican restaurants. Japanese was good.

The Rooms. The Location was just stunning. 10/10... The rooms are getting a little old. I stayed in the same room 8 years ago, and not much has changed. The TV in the living room, was the smallest TUBE TV I've seen in a hotel. It will be replaced with a HUGE 60" TV during the remodel. so overall, the room was a little run down, and old.
The Jacuzzi tub in the room was very nice. BIG for two people to have some room, just open up the curtains and you're looking over the Ocean.

The GYM. Very nice, with a bunch of machines, Bikes for Cycling class. i think around 11 of them. another section to do some alternate working out. they have several classes a day, and this is the place to stay if you enjoy working out.

The SPA. it is very big, and the massages are really good. the Prices are typcial resort prices. BUT you get to use your Hard Rock Money at the spa. The jacuzzis, steam room are decent. it isn't as nice as the Hard Rock's in Punta Cana in the Dominican.

The Pools are massive, and there are many places to lay out and enjoy the pools or lagoons.

If you want a BEACH, This isn't the place. you need to head into Cancun. But anyone who complains about that, didn't do their homework. and DON"T make your ratings LOW because there is no beach. There is a secluded lagoon to snorkle, and kayak in. There isn't a beach.
* it would be like downgrading Park City Utah in the middle of Ski Season for NOT having the golf course open. You know there is no beach here, so you can't give it a 4 star rating because it doesn't have a beach.

Golf: you have to drive 20 minutes to golf. a very narrow course, but fun as well. If you are a golfer, might be better to stay at Moon.

Overall, a VERY amazing vacation. We took our older kids and they had a blast. We took a trip into Cancun, so if you want the Beach, spend a day there.

still a 5 star resort. Once they fix it up, it will be beyond a 5 star.

2 Thank prolook
Hello prolook, Trust me our upcoming changes are amazing you definitely will love them.

We designed our facilities to provide you the pleasure and relaxing time that you deserve, we are pleased to hear that you loved our areas and that you took advantage from our all inclusive as the food as well the golf course.

There´s nothing better than the presidential suite view, you were so lucky to get one, not everybody can be accommodated there!

We hope to see you next winter to our grand opening.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2013

While the resort was a great experience to make friends and enjoy yourself it's very disappointing due to it being under construction and lack of loyalty to customers. As I stayed at the resort for a week various pieces of jewelry were stolen as well as money from myself and other members of my party. This was my first experience at an all-inclusive resort and I was not happy

1 Thank Naya E
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Hi Naya E, we feel sorry hearing your regrettably experience at our resort, unfortunately we tried to find out the glitches that you mentioned on our records and we did not find any match.

I sent you a private message with my personal information; please feel free to contact me to start the corresponding follow up.

We hope hear from you soon.

Burrillville
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My wife, kids and I just came back from a week at the cove. Some trash in the woods while walking around to see the monkeys, that could use a little work. trash around the resort very clean . I wish there were more pool staff to help out when I needed a drink I had to go to the pool bar most of the time. The new rooms very nice and clean I always saw house keeping staff around. I just wished that I could bring my 14y/olds to the spa side to go out to dinner at some of the places. LOBSTER/STEAK DINNER VERY GOOD. over all a great place to stay, I read some of the reviews before going I did not see there concerns. I would like to see it when it is a hard rock resort I hear it is going to be GREAT.

Room Tip: ask for the new section, NEW ROOMS very nice, great staff
2 Thank kevinBurrillville
Hi kevinBurrillville, we are delighted hearing your good experience.

We would like you to thank you for have highlighted the service from our Chef at your lobster dinner.

Our housekeeping management always is supervising that everything runs properly, that is why we are surprise to know about the trash at the monkey tour, we definitely will go back with our staff to verify their daily program.

All the changes that we are making are to improve our service and we are so happy hearing that you enjoyed from our renovated rooms.

We hope to host you again to show you our changes.

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

This was our first experience with an all-inclusive resort. Prior to the trip, my wife had spoken with Santiago, the daytime front desk supervisor for the resort. He met us upon our arrival and had our rooms ready in a newly renovated section.

We found the resort to be clean and well maintained with a nice variety of activities, including the gym on the Spa side. The restaurants were all very attractive with a good choice of quality entrees.....literally something for everyone. The children's facility was a favorite of the grand-daughter....credit goes to the staff there. Evening entertainment...circus, magic show, etc..was top notch.

Most of all, the staff, from Santiago, Elias and on down was impeccable....and in so many ways made the trip enjoyable. From the maids, to the pool side and restaurant staff, all hard working and ready to assist.
Thanks again for a job well done. We will look forward to seeing you again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Redeaglez
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Hi Redeaglez, thank you very much for your kind review.

We are very happy to hear that you chose your first all inclusive experience with us and that you enjoyed it.

Our Management as Elias & Santiago always try to do their best to accommodate your requests and are delighted we could meet your expectations.

We have many activities to do, I am sure that your grandson did not want to go back!

I hope to see you soon to host you with another marvelous experience.

Bridgeview, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The resort was under construction when we arrived. We brought our 16 year old son with us there are not enough activities for him. The teen arcade was very small only a few games. There was no diso or other activities in the evening hours.

The food was very good. We were disappointed my son could not go to all the restaurants on the resort. We did not know there was an adult side.

When we checked out of out room the guy at the deck was rude. My husband and son removed there arm bands in the room not knowing there were suppose to be returned at the end of the visit. He mad them go back and get them. They should let the guest know that they need to be returned. T the nd of your stay.

And we were not happy with the people telling to get us he become VIP members. They were very pushing trying to make us spend a lot of money to join the club. They said it would be a 90 minute session and hen we would receive our gift. It took over 3 hours and we felt very pressured When we decided to leave and talk about if we'd like to Jon y would not give us our gift unless we gem bck to left harm know our desion. After a couple dys we I'd receive our 200.00 gift. Not apply with the experience.

1 Thank Tracy M
Hello Tracy M, we appreciate your feedback cause it help us to improve our services.

First of all we want to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay, however we regret to know about your perception concerning the service provided by our staff.

We always invite our guests visit our official website, where we clearly specify the services that we have available at the adults & the family section.

We instructed our staff to provide you with the information that you should follow since your arrival; bracelets are part of the security measures that we have to identify our guests.

We appreciate that you have highlighted the food quality.

We work very much in the training and supervision of our sales staff in order to deliver the best treatment to our valued customers and transmit the kindness and warmness that characterizes us at Aventura Palace. You can be sure that your remarks on this regards have been shared with our General Management and the Sales Director in order to take the corresponding corrective measures to ensure our guests’ satisfaction.

Anyhow I sent you a private message with my information to contact you to provide you with the follow up that you deserve.

I hope hear from you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Ri...
#1 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Barcelo Maya Palace
Barcelo Maya Palace
#6 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#34 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#3 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#24 of 209 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!