“Don't Go Yet!”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This was once a beautiful resort while being operated by Palace Resorts. It may get there again, however it is not there yet and after the last year of renovations, it appears that they are not even half done.
Unfortunately, the Hardrock changeover is taking far too long and the booking agents are leading vacationing public to believe they are only days away from completing the renovations. The truth is the majority of the resort is under construction and the quests are not happy about being mislead.
The one credit I will give is restaurant and pool waiters who did an awesome job, the spa staff was still top notch, however the spa experience and hydro-spa was very disappointing to anyone who experienced prior to the changeover.
It has great potential and we will try again but not for at least a couple of years.

Room Tip: Good Luck! Booked a ocean view Presidential Suite in June but ended up with 2 jacuzzi suites with no...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kevin S
Jan_Hundrieser, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

Dear Kevin S,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments, we truly hope you give us another chance to change your perception.

There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We had a wonderful time during our visit. The hotel was still under construction but the staff made our stay perfect. If you go to the new Hard Rock Riviera Maya, ask for Jorge Moreno and Aldo Pereyra at the lobby bar. They make the most amazing drinks and they are so nice and entertaining. Angela Moo was a cocktail server there and she was one of our favorites as well.

But the best part of our trip is always Joaquin (Jack) Solis Salas. Jack is a Rock Star at the resort and the reason that so many people come back! We cant imagine going anywhere else because of your excellent staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Aimee U,

It´s been such a pleasure having you with us, we hope to see you soon to share more Rock memories.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I are premier members and always come in Nov to Aventura spa palace. We came the week of the 10th. Hernando booked our stay and was very helpful in referring me to Ofilia to book all of my Spa treatments. Ofilia was wonderful too. We expected to stay on the Cove side but understand that the renovations have to be done. We look forward to enjoying the new restaurants and beach next year. We checked on the progress everyday and were impressed. The service and food was fantastic as usual. We met many new friends and just made the best of things. I came home to no power for 2 days and freezing cold weather. Would have given anything to be back in MX with friends, room service, massage and facials and nice warm weather while laying by the pool or beach. I do feel bad for the people who had to listen to the construction. Maybe the rooms in that area should have been closed for now. As far as being on the kids side, there were not many kids. They are in school in Nov. Thanks Hard Rock. We will be back next year.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear delepkowski,

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have tried to post this review a few times but it does not post. If it has posted I apologize for duplication. Do not under any circumstance go here. I was told that the family section was complete and only adult section was under construction. I booked my vacation thru Vacations to go and I believe that the hotel totally misrepresented the status of construction. The people working were fantastic and I believe when it is completed it will be a beautiful resort. They have a due date of dec 3 and that is not possible. My room was 8219 and I had room construction on both sides starting at 7am. The restrooms by the beach and lunch area were not operable. They were replacing tiles in the pool. Extension cords laying every where. Re building the lagoon digging it out water was like milk. Food was at best mediocre. Construction in the main lobby. I tried to change rooms but they had none available. I met 2 crews(1 from California and one from Orlando both crews were very nice but advised they had had numerous issues acquiring the proper materials(thru customs). I actually met a lady who was very high up in Hard Rock thru the contractors(can not remember her name) tall thin black hair grey roots and she was very upset with the progress and stressed that they were working 24-7 in a attempt to meet the Dec 3 date. Over the next couple of days I saw more management(what appeared to be Hard Rock) and they were very verbal to on the on site management. I met time share owners and members from California, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin who were all equally as frustrated as myself. The 2 couple from Wisconsin had paid for 2 rooms and they placed all 4 in one room until a room became available. The buffet was a joke(who serves beef stew and chicken /pork and chips at breakfast evidently left overs from the night before. In short this was the worst traveling experience I have ever experienced . The Mexican food restaurant was good and ZEN the sushi bar was more focused on serving chow mein than sushi. They would only bring sushi as a appetizer with fried spring rolls. I went to the brazilin steak restaurant and everything was over cooked and extremely dry. the best part of this trip was the staff and leaving. Not to mention I got a piece of pizza that had a large piece of tin foil I bit down on.

Room Tip: Stay away until construction is complete
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Michaeltx2013
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Hi Michaeltx2013, we appreciate your feedback, cause it help us to know how we are doing in terms of service.

We regret to hear about your recent stay with us. We feel sorry reading the misunderstanding in regards to the dates of your trip. We want to handle this situation, reason why I´ll send you a private message with my personal info to contact me to start the corresponding follow up to deliver the feedback to the people involved.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.

I hope hear from you soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I recently had the privilege of visiting Aventura Spa Palace Resort and Spa in August 1-5, 2013. This resort is breath-taking. This is my 4th visit to the Cancun area and I cannot even compare any of my other trips to this one. From the resort to the amenities to the spa to the resort credit-- I can't even begin to start on how much I love this resort. There is no surprise why this location is turning into a Hard Rock Hotel... As far as highlights, the staff is exceptional. I never encountered any issues and most importantly, they were extra hospitable and willing to go the extra mile. HIGH FIVE to Aventura Spa Palace Resort and Spa and I can't wait to see how it will look as a Hard Rock Hotel.

Room Tip: Every room has a jacuzzi! You will have luck with any room you choose..
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Hello just_crystal, we appreciate your enthusiasm in regards to our upcoming style.

As you mentioned our facilities are becoming a real stage, where the comfort and style will still available for everyone.

We are grateful that you have highlighted the service from our staff, they are the key piece of our success.

Once again thanks for your review, we would like to host you again soon to show you the new product. It really looks amazing.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel/resort for my nephew's wedding. Lobby was being renovated and was hot and humid. Did not received welcome remarks from front desk staffs upon arrival, also they did not apologize for anything that goes wrong with stay, even lectured me about appropriateness of leaving tips to staff, (I did but shouldn't it be my prerogative to leave how much tip staff deserve based on their good service?) I have a feeling, which was shared by majority in my group, that front office staffs will not lift a finger to make it easier for guests to resolve their concerns. Other than that, restaurant wait staffs were great, so are the people at the spa.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms being renovated in preparation for rebranding, get the newly renovated ones.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Hi Angelo T, we want to apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.

We definitely will go back with our front desk staff to provide them the corresponding feedback, however, I was looking my records and I unfortunately did not find any information about a report from you, we always recommend our guest report these matters to our attention during your stay to take immediate actions.

However, please give us the opportunity to handle this situation.

I sent you a message with my information to contact me to hear more details about it. Please feel free to contact for further assistance to start the corresponding follow up.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Travelled in April 2013 ! Part of resort was under renovations but caused us no inconvenience .the resort was A-1.really no access to ocean but the lagoon across front is always warm and calm good for snorkelling or swimming.plenty of places to eat ,food was outstanding drinks very good,also got a 1500.00 credit for excursions , photos etc. we went to dolphins ,zip lines ,photos.This resort is being taken over by Hard Rock Hotels. All in all this is one of the best trips we have taken, no complaints from start to end.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alan L
Penelope S, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Hi Alan L, we appreciate your review.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and that you have took advantage from our RC and the facilities; we have amazing activities to do into our resort.

I am sure that you will love the upcoming changes.
We hope to see you soon to show you our improvements.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Ri...
#2 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Barcelo Maya Palace
Barcelo Maya Palace
#6 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#32 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#21 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!