First let me say the resort is still under construction. I can't believe the people who gave this resort bad reviews based on their experiences of hammering and empty glass cases. Surely they read the reviews before going. But they wrote bad reviews when they got back anyway. I don't know. We stayed on the Hacienda (family) side which is complete except for a couple of shops that were not yet open. The Heaven (adults only) side is under construction for sure. Honestly, we were over there every day to either go to the hot tubs, spa, or dining and didn't notice the construction. It would probably be different if your room was over there, I don't know.
I gave this hotel 5 stars based upon my experiences with the staff, cleanliness, and my expectations of what the resort will look like when it is all done. Actually, in my opinion, it is not a 5 star yet only because of the construction. Word is everything will be completed by May 1.
All of the staff were absolutely amazing. How they can keep the smiles and great "can do" attitude up day after day dealing with tourists is beyond my comprehension. If I had to do their jobs, I would probably be in some Mexican prison right now. Ha! I hesitate to give a shout out to any employees because they were all great. However, I really enjoyed Carlo, Maria, Edgar, Gilberto, Carlos and Eric.
After dinner, we almost always went to the nightly shows. Really enjoyed the magic show, but I believe it is time for Michael Jackson to retire. Guess if you have never seen the show you might like it, but we were there 6 months ago and saw it, plus we saw basically the same show at a different resort.
Food was excellent at all restaurants. Wish they would put Heinz ketchup on the tables, but every place that we have been to in MX has the same nasty ketchup. I know, I'm getting picky now. Here is a tip. If you want something that is not on the menu, simply ask for it. Usually they can accommodate you. Also, we were at one of the restaurants and they served mashed potatoes. However, it was a very small portion. I just asked for more and they brought out a whole bowl full for our family to share. Wonderful! One more thing and this is important if you are traveling with kids under 18. I believe you can only eat at the restaurants at the Hacienda side. Having said that, our youngest is 20 so it was not a problem for us so I'm not sure that is an accurate statement. But if you are traveling with children I would advise you to check that out. If true then you need to find out what restaurants are where.
Pools were clean and huge. Water was a little cold, but we got in anyway. Water slide on the Hacienda side and a very nice pool area for the little tikes. Didn't go over to the Heaven side pool, but the last time we were there, they even had bands that played at the pool.
Beach area is very nice with lots of lounge chairs with cushions and tables with a thatch umbrella. You probably know that a big rock wall stops the ocean waves from coming in, but not the ocean water. If you like to snorkel, you don't have to go on a tour. There are lots to see right in the lagoon. You also don't have to worry about being in the food chain!
Great free internet throughout the hotel and pool area. You can even call the USA and Canada from your room free of charge.
They give you $1500 of resort credits to be used for tours, spa and other things. You don't have to use it, but if you do just be advised that you will be charged a 20% service fee. Still a pretty good deal, but I was disappointed because there used to be no fees. I would rather they gave you half that much and didn't charge the fees.
Night life could be a little better. One night they had a band in the Lobby bar which was nice. I am guessing it will get better especially on the adults side one construction is complete.
All in all, this is a beautiful resort. We have been to several other properties in MX and this ranks as one of the best in my book. A vacation is what you make of it, but I don't think you will be disappointed.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is the 1,264-room Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. And this is where luxury meets satisfaction on a stage of stunning tropical views, a private white sand beach, and exclusive saltwater snorkeling areas. It's all capped off with an inviting traditional design, legendary Hard Rock hospitality, and undeniable excess at every turn. Live large at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and enjoy the very best of paradise for all. Or, pack your appetite for opulence and hit Heaven - an elevated and exclusive retreat for adult guests only featuring a private adult beach, superlative amenities, and dining at its finest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Cancelon, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Cove Palace Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Aventuras