“Awesome place for a honeymoon!”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My wife and I honeymooned at this resort, and it was nothing less than spectacular. Beautiful grounds, besides the final bit of construction they are finishing. Friendlier staff than I could've ever imagined! Everyone who worked there catered to whatever we needed. The food was good, and sometimes great. Best restaurant was Ciao. Best meals were probably the breakfast buffets.

I do have to say however that although the nightclub is lots of fun, it can also be dangerous. The glass in the lounge booths do not stretch all the way across leaving an opening into an empty pool. We were there late one night, and someone fell into the pool headfirst hitting their head and was bleeding and also was non-responsive for a bit. Very scary moment, but he eventually woke up, and got stitches and from what I later heard, is now okay. It was a scary situation. Very glad he's okay, but that needs to be fixed so it doesn't happen again to a guest.

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure all rooms are great. We we're in building 2 and had no issues. We had a corn...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
René M, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Hello Erik M,

Thanks for sharing your experience at our resort; we are so glad to hear you loved every minute of your honeymoon at HRHRM. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we have already taken care of the situation you mentioned before; said that, thank you for your high recommendations, we hope to welcome you so many more times…Make of this your awesome place for wedding anniversary! Kind regards.

Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Write a ReviewReviews (10,493)

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We traveled to Hard Rock Riviera Maya March 23rd-April 1st. We were a group of 5 families with kids ages 10-17. Some of us travel a lot-(6-8 times a year). We honestly all had a GREAT time! It was so nice to find a resort where both the kids and the adults were entertained day and night. We loved hanging out in the Sun Bar listening to music and having cocktails (in the evening) while the kids hung out in the atrium playing pool and having fun together. The pools were warm and clean. We always found chairs for our entire group at the pool. There are chair hogs, but that is everywhere. Towels were easy to get whenever you needed them.

Our rooms were very clean and nicely appointed. We had a family suite which I highly recommend! We never heard any construction going on and had zero issues with our room.

The staff was friendly and engaging. If we needed something, they were there to assist us. My friend was turning 40 while we were at Hard Rock so I inquired on ordering her a cake-it was delivered 3 hours later. Great customer service!

I do have two comments on other guests' reviews. I cannot believe the people that complain about the resort credits and the beach cove. These seem to be the same reviewers who say they "invested" in this trip or were on the "trip of a lifetime". Any person who spends 10-15 minutes reading about the resort will be informed that the resort credits have a service fee and the beach is an inlet cove. It shocks me that people complain about those two things-read up on your "dream" vacation before you make your purchase or find a new travel agent.

We had no issues using our resort credits. I can see why they need to charge a fee. They need staff available to make our appointments and book our excursions, which they are not making much money on. I didn't mind one bit paying $360 for $1800 in excursions and spa treatments. I honestly thought that was a great deal for our family.

The beach is beautiful, yes it is an inlet, but we all enjoyed that. The water was clean and crystal clear for snorkeling, swimming and just hanging out.

All in all, it was a great trip and we all said we would head back to Hard Rock again. We loved the "Rock Theme" with the music playing everywhere, the artifacts and decor! Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the Family Suites for families. Nice to have two separate bedrooms and two bathr...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank bschiffler

Thanks to you Bschiffler for your great comments! Nothing rocks our world more than receiving these beautiful experiences from our esteemed rockstars. This is exactly what we strive to achieve. We are very glad to learn you loved technically every moment of your family vacation with us. You are so right about the cove, it’s safe and it gives guaranteed beach day every day! Perfect for snorkeling too. I’m glad to hear that you took advantage of the resort credits to get so many outstanding services and tours. We love hearing that you all are planning to return for another rock star vacation. We cannot wait to out the red carpet for you. Kind regards!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

After visiting this property in December, I was excited to get back to see all the changes and stay for 6 nights as a guest (not as a travel agent). WOW - what a difference a few months can make! I loved the resort back in December, loved it even more after this past week!

First of all, I am not sure what all the fuss is about with service, food, rooms, etc? From the moment we jumped off the transfer to the second we left, everything was perfect. We stayed in a two story sky terrace on the Hacienda side of the resort. The check in was smooth, the room was ready. The location in building 9 was awesome. Great views of the ocean and pool areas.

The staff - went above and beyond with everything. The room service was quick, the food was hot. We loved eating on our balcony everyday! The staff in the restaurants were considerate and quick to please.

The gym was fantastic and so was the spa. The services are well worth the 'fees' you pay with the resort credits. Again, not sure why guests complain about that? We had two treatments = amazing.

We were there for a wedding and the wedding department and events staff all did an awesome job! Way to go Rebecca and the team. All of the private events went off without a hitch. Thanks to Leo for all of your help with everything before the grand arrival of 94 guests!

Yes, this resort is 60 minutes from the airport and yes there are cove areas for the ocean (not your standard beach). However, totally worth the drive and nice to be able to swim and snorkel without getting drug out to sea!

Yes, there are still changes taking place to get this resort up to snuff as far as décor and such. The nightclub still has some things to finish, but NOTHING worth freaking out about. Everything is just about done and so awesome.

I can't wait visit again and I am confident that if you are NOT some crazy picky person, you will be thrilled with your stay on property.

THANK YOU HARD ROCK!

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view room - book an ocean view room. Splurge on the two story sky, totally wort...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank kmenne
René M, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Hello kmenne,

THANKS TO YOU! Wow… what an amazing experience you have had at HRHRM. Thank you so much for all the kind comments and high recommendations. Nothing rocks our world more than reading the reviews of our satisfied guests. We are glad we exceeded your expectations in every way, every day, and we are confident that the next time you visit us is going to be even better. We appreciate you highlighted the service from Rebecca and Leo, I will let them know you thought they did a terrific job taking care of your event. Can’t wait to welcome you again soon for another Rockstar vacation. Best regards.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

don"t want construction on my vacation,Hotel was over booked when we got there in april made reservations in November.checked in at 10 did not have room till after 3 and it was not the right room then, other then that was overall a nice vacation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
1  Thank Lance K

Hi Lance K,

I want to thank you for sharing your opinion about our resort. I distress to read that your vacation started off on the wrong foot due to the misunderstanding you mentioned. However as you may know check-in is at 3pm; early check-in must be requested at least 48 hrs prior arrival and it is subject of availability. However you can check in before 3 pm and enjoy the facilities such as restaurants, pools, bars, etc. while you wait for your room to be ready at 3. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences this misunderstanding may have caused you. Nevertheless we are going to strengthen this information with our sales team to ensure this do not occur in the future. Kind regards.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I am at the resort right now, arrived on the 2nd with 8 other people. we are split among 3 rooms and it made checking in difficult, things were just mixed up but since then absolutely amazing time with ZERO issues. we are staying on the hacienda side and have had no issues with construction. beautiful rooms, delicious food, friendly staff! I was very nervous after some of the reviews I had read prior to coming. reading them makes me feel like they were at a different resort because I've loved every minute here. this is also probly my 10th time at an all inclusive in Mexico so I do have other trips to compare it to! please don't listen to the negative comments this place is A+!

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Staceymcleod1

Hello Staceymcleod1,

Thank you for sharing your experience, nothing rocks our world more than hearing you have had a perfect stay at HRHRM. It is fabulous to hear that you have enjoyed every moment of it, the food, the rooms, the service…Also I want to thank you for your high recommendations. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you soon for another rockstar vacation.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Perfect trip whether it be for couples or families. Surprisingly don't have a bad comment to make about this vacation spot. Definitely going to plan another trip here.
Food was all great only restaurant we didn't return a second time for was the Spanish. Small portions and beef was dry. Besides that the Italian and hibachi were our favorites.
Nightly entertainment was nice but not a nightly live place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
René M, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Hi Jodi B,

Thank you so much for your short and sweet review, it is wonderful to learn that you had an excellent time at our property and it is great to see that you would return in a heartbeat to enjoy the sunsets by the beach. Thank you for your feedback towards our Spanish themed restaurant, I will share your observations with our chef. We cannot wait to welcome you again and roll out the red carpet for you. Kind regards.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Just returned from a wonderful week at the HRRM. We had 2 rooms and a family room on the Hacienda side. Other than a room issue upon check-in that was resolved, there were no complaints. The previous reviews from Jonny P and Debra M were right on target and I agree with everything they said (down to the wine comment!). My husband and I were here 9 years ago and liked the Mexican feel of the Aventura but I agree that once the renovations are done it'll be a fabulous place.

Room Tip: Doubles could be cramped with 3-4 people. I think with 2 adults and a child, a king with a roll-aw...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Hello pbrn55,

Thank you for sharing your opinion and for giving us a try. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, sorry though if it started off on the wrong foot during check-in, however I am glad to see that our team solved the problem and the rest of your stay was delightful. Thank you for your suggestions about the wine selection. We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you soon again and provide you the great family vacation you deserve. Kind regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Fairmont Mayakoba
Fairmont Mayakoba
#9 of 216 in Playa del Carmen
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Ri...
#1 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Barcelo Maya Colonial
#5 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
14 mi away
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#33 of 216 in Playa del Carmen
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#4 of 216 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!