“Amazing Vacation”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just came back from the best vacation of my life! No exaggeration!

The entire staff, cleanliness of the property, quality of the food, awesome beach, relaxing spa and high quality entertainment are all EXCELLENT!

Special shout out to Esteban and Cesar who served us at the beach took extremely good care of us the entire week. Both are very hard workers and made everyone in our party feel pampered! Also, Jazz went out of his way to make sure our party of 13 had a great time!

With the many different type of restaurants to choose from (Mexican, Italian, Hibachi, Steak house to name a few) and the room service, you never go hungry. We were on the Hacienda side and had a lot of fun handing out in the open court/terrace after dinner or the shows at night. Our families loved listening to the music, playing pool, drinking specialty made coffees and just being together in that area.

We didn't want to leave and we can’t wait to go back. Thanks to all the staff for working so hard to make the Hard Rock Rivera Motel such and wonderful place to vacation.

2  Thank cneme
René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hello cneme,

Thank you for the awesome review; I am so pleased to hear you saying this was the best vacation of your life. Nothing rocks our world more than receiving these wonderful comments from happy guests who lived non-stop Rock Star experiences throughout their entire stay. Thank you for making of part of your recent vacation and for the staff shout outs, I will tell Esteban, César and Jazz they rocked. We look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have a plant based diet and were worried whether the Hard Rock would accommodate us. However, the staff at Ipanema took care of us beyond our expectations.They made us feel like family. In particular, Chef Lucio and his crew, along with Juan the restaurant captain, Soila, Roberto and Anabel the hostess treated us like their family. These people deserve a great deal of credit and our thanks. Also, the chef at Zen's was great and took pride in making us special meals. These employees are a credit to the hotel.

There were some issues around the hotel. For instance, the gym is very outdated and not state of the art as advertised. Also, ask questions before booking any excursions at Vacation Planners. They will not volunteer information, especially regarding extra fees. For example, be prepared to spend hundreds of dollars for photos at the Dolphin excursion.

We would definitely return because of the service we received and friendships made.

Room Tip: The bedding was hard and there was a good deal of noise at night, which surprised me as we were stay...

Hello Rjblawyer,

It is always with great enthusiasm that we receive reviews like yours which confirm our commitment to create authentic experiences that rock for every guest. I am particularly pleased to hear you were treated like family. Thank you so much for highlighting the brilliant service from our Ipanema staff; rest assured that I will personally tell Lucio and his crew that they made the difference. I would like to take this opportunity to extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced regarding our Vacation Planners services.
It has been a pleasure having you here; we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon and roll out the red carpet for another spectacular stay at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.
Sincerely

René Malacara Coss
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a beautiful property, well maintained, with mostly friendly and helpful staff.... So far so good.... The rooms were nice and clean and the pools were pleniful and nice. Finally the man made beaches were well maintained and in beautiful shape. There are two sides to the resort: Hacienda and Heaven... they should be named Heaven and Hell. Yes we stayed on the Hell side because we brought two teenage daughters 17 and 16.. Heaven is 18 and older...
Problems: This side is set up for families with kids more 8 to 13. The "teen" club is nothing but a couple video games with little kids running around during the day climbing on the machine and pop a shot game. The only work out area is on the Heaven side and our actively fit daughters were not allowed to work out over there? This isn't a state of the art work out facility, this was a joke. One of our restaurants broke down?? and was closed all week, but again we could not use any of the other restaurants with our grown up daughters. I guess I understand the pool restrictions because I guess it is more adults drinking, but they drink on the other side as well! This is not a Heaven swinger / nudist club.. there were more elderly people than younger.
Next: Housekeeping? You had to hunt these people down to beg for extra towels. They refused to give us four so we had to seek and find more housekeepers. Wash rags and hand towels..ha ha ha ha... nobody ever had these......
Resort Dollars: Sounds cool.... well, you have to pay a 20% tax/gratuity for every time you used them. They jack the price up and I wasn't sure what kind of savings you really incurred. They would give you a $75 credit towards sunglasses, but every pair was extremely overpriced...

Plus: If you are a couple and going there for the privacy on the man made beaches, fun pool activities, and shopping this is probably the Heaven side and not too shabby... If you have small kids and don't want to be a parent and let your kids run everywhere, then Hacienda is for you... However, if you have kids 15 - 17.. stay away... You will want to kill the other people's kids who again run everywhere undisciplined, and the restrictions and lack of compromise is laughable.

Finally, if you are a VIP member.. a newer thing.... I believe this hotel could care less! They didn't even look into a room upgrade, they never even put our number in the system! I checked at check out and he finally put it in... what a joke... They gave us a gold wristband instead of a yellow one.. how special... If this resort wasn't so beautiful I would have given it a poor, but with the right mix this could be a nice place. One very positive at the end... the workers at ZEN were tremendous in helping us celebrate our 20th Anniversary. Especially since we were not allowed to dine on the other side.. Thanks Pedro..

1  Thank Rich 'Rick' A
René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Hello Rich 'Rick' A,

Thank you for letting me know, I truly appreciate your feedback, and I am very sorry to hear we have fallen too short to your expectations this time. We aim to deliver the best possible stay to every Member and Guest and we regret we have missed our mark in your case. On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya I would like to offer you our heartfelt apologies for a less than satisfactory experience at our resort. One of our specialists will contact you soon to address your concerns better. Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. I hope to welcome back again and provide you with the Rock Star treatment you deserve and that all our guests are accustomed to.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I just got back from nearly a full week at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and we had an awesome time. There was so much awesome during the week that it will be hard to contain it in the review, but I'll do my best. There were a couple of things that weren't awesome, but I'll get to that.

I booked the trip online through the Hard Rock's website. With that I purchased a transfer to and from the Cancun airport as well as my flight and trip insurance. We booked a Deluxe Gold room, which is the standard room. That whole experience was smooth and had no issues. I booked the trip while the transition from Adventura Spa Palace to Hard Rock Hotel was going on, relying on the Hard Rock's reputation that it would be amazing when I arrived in late June.

Upon arriving at the airport and clearing customs we found our shuttle representative past the timeshare gauntlet that you must travel through. We were directed to a platform where we waited a few minutes before our shuttle arrived. There were a few other families/couples on the bus with us and we headed off towards our resort. We had to stop a couple of times along the way but the ride was relatively uneventful. HRHRM is roughly an hour away with no traffic or stops, so expect some time to get to your resort from the airport if you are using a shared shuttle.

When we arrived at the hotel we were dropped off at the Heaven side (where we booked) and were immediately greeted by the bell staff. They took our bags, got us a welcome drink and a cold washcloth and directed us inside for check in. When we were waiting to check in our concierge met us and introduced himself. A waitress came and took our empty glasses and brought us a new drink that we requested. We got checked in and got our keys and then met with our concierge to go over the resort, what we could do with our credits, etc. We were told the wifi information and that it was free. The coverage and speeds were good and we were able to use Skype to call home to our kids with no problems. We mentioned we wanted to visit Xplor as an excursion and since it was our anniversary the romantic dinner on the beach with lobster and steak sounded good as well. They offered to give us discounts on Xplor and the dinner for free if we listened to the sales pitch about the membership to their resorts. We agreed (knowing we wouldn't buy) and headed to our room. The bell staff took our luggage and us on a cart to our room in building 1 on the edge of the property. We were in room 1220 (do-say venti is the spanish pronunciation) facing the edge of the property. We had a view of the water and the jungle next to the resort. It was very quiet and secluded.

We came into the room and it was nice and chilly there. The A/C was on blast to keep the humidity levels down. The mini bar was fully stocked with sodas, Dos Equis, Tecate Light, tonic water, mineral water, sparkling water, orange juice, apple juice, rum, whiskey, vodka and gin. The hard liquor was in a locked dispenser. The rest was in a mini-fridge. We discovered on the second morning that the fridge wasn't on so our drinks were warm that morning but quickly turned it on with a rolling dial inside the fridge and had no problems after that. The room had a flat screen TV with a mix of American and Mexican channels. A balcony with two chairs, a table and a hammock. The bed was a queen size with a plush comforter and VERY soft pillows. Extra pillows are in the closet if you need them and housekeeping will bring more if you need it. The closet was very spacious and held a safe and bathrobes for your use. The bathroom was very modern and unique. There isn't a door to the bathroom where the sink area is, but the shower and toilet each have frosted glass doors on them for privacy. There is a large double sink and many toiletries are provided. There are shampoo, conditioner, body and hand soap, lotion, shower cap and a vanity kit with q-tips and other things in there. These are replaced as needed by housekeeping of course. There is a jacuzzi tub in the main part of the room next to the bed, which is easily large enough for a couple to enjoy together. The towels are large and soft and plentiful. A very nice room considering it's the cheapest. There is a walkway from the second floor of the buildings that leads back to the lobby which is covered and makes getting back and forth quite easy. Alternatively you can take the long way and walk along the beach and around the pools.

We stayed at the Heaven side, which is adults only and very quiet as a result. The main pool gets busy during the day but not crazy crowded or anything. There is a bar there that is on the pool side so you don't have to get out of the water to get a drink. The main bartender there, Edwin, is amazing. Throw a couple of bucks his way and watch the creations he comes up with. Jellyfish shots, Bumblebee shots, and Stuff in the Grass shots are all fun to watch them make and drink. Dos Equis Amber and Lager are available as well as just about any other drink you can think of. Top shelf liquor all around the resort. No cheap stuff here. If you like Red Bull or another energy drink with your liquor you should bring your own though, since they don't have it there. They do have soda though for mixing. At the bar outside of the pool they also have a snack bar where you can get nachos as you please or burgers and sandwiches cooked to order. I had a burger there and it was pretty good. My wife ordered a Philly Cheesesteak which, while not a bad sandwich, wasn't a Philly. FYI the pool bar closes between 6 and 6:30 everyday. Most of the drinks are done by 6pm as they start cleaning up, but you can usually help them empty the keg of beer until 6:30.

Next to the main pool is the Toro Steakhouse. During the day they have buffets here and it's actually pretty good. The flank steak, cooked to order, is delicious. The pizza is pretty good and I was also a fan of the pork with peanut sauce. The desserts were hit and miss, but there were some good ones. We had lunch here twice and dinner as part of the private romantic dinner once. The view from Toro is worth the stop alone. No reservations needed here or anywhere else for meals. While there is no dress code for lunch, note that there is a dress code for dinner. It's labeled as casual formal, which means no t-shirts, bathing suits, etc and collared shirts and nice shorts or pants for men.

To keep on the food topic our first dinner was at Ciao, the Italian restaurant. It's odd looking at a menu and not seeing any prices, but since it's all inclusive that's how it is. Here the dress code is strictly enforced and long pants for men and dresses for women are required at dinner time. We were seated quickly and offered drinks, then we started ordering. Everything looked good so we ordered a bunch. We had the garlic cheese bread, the caprese salad and the meat and cheese tray to start. I ordered the Fettuccine Carbonara and my wife ordered the Basil Pesto. When our food started to arrive I was surprised at the small portions, since Italian food typically is anything but that, but it turned out to be nice since we could try multiple things and not fill up before the main course. The meat and cheese tray was just ok, but the rest of it was great. The carbonara and pesto were both yummy and we were filled up nicely. For dessert we had the cannoli which was also perfectly sized and tasty with a flaky crust.

The next day we had pedicures at the spa and then went to the membership presentation. The presentation was on the Hacienda side and while we were there they showed us the upgraded suites and took us to lunch at the cafe. Of course we wouldn't have paid for lunch anyways, but it was a nice touch. The cafe made sandwiches to order kind of like a subway where you pick your bread, meats, etc and then had the option of toasting or not. It was a good sandwich but nothing special. After we had the lunch with them they explained the program, the partnership with RCI and the prices. Since we aren't the type to finance things we opted out and only had to say no a few times before we were on our way with our vouchers for the dinner and the discount to Xplor. We were also given a coupon for a photo shoot with the on staff photographers. They have a way to do a photo shoot on property with pro photographers and while you use some of your resort credits for that, the coupon covers the fee so you pay nothing for the photo shoot and two prints from the shoot. More on that later. After we got our vouchers we booked our excursion, our dinner and also couples hot stone massages for later in the week. Then it was back to the pool!

After spending the rest of the afternoon at the pool we went back to our rooms and changed for dinner. We went to Le Petite Cochon, which is the French restaurant. This one is a little difficult to find, as it is outside of the Heaven Lobby before you get to the pool and Toro. We met some new friends there and were seated quickly. I had a roasted chicken and my wife had the french onion with oxtail soup and the beef plate. All was yummy but my wife didn't care for the meat in the soup.

After dinner we met up with other friends and decided to check out Club Heaven. They have an upstairs and a downstairs area. The upstairs is a typical bar with a seating area, a room with pool tables, etc. The downstairs is the club though. The club is blasting (and I do mean blasting) dance mixes and there is a live DJ there. The feature though, is the pool and two hot tubs inside of the club. Our friends decided we should get in so we jumped in, clothes and all and ordered champagne from our server Carlos. He came over and made sure we were continually full with our drinks and anything else we needed. It was a definite party as more people joined us in the hot tub. The pool was cold though but after a few drinks you hardly notice. We did have an unwelcome guest come into the hot tub but security quickly dispatched him and we kept on partying. We left there about 3am and headed back to our room.

The next morning we took it easy. We had room service bring us breakfast and relaxed while we recovered from the hard night of partying the night before. We made it back to the pool for a short time and also had lunch at the buffet again. Back to the room for a quick change before our romantic dinner on the beach. The dinner itself was very romantic, sitting on the beach where we were fairly isolated from the other 4 couples that were there. The service was great and the food was pretty good. The only complaint is they over cooked my steak. I asked for medium and it showed up well done, so be on the lookout for that if you do it. The meal is said to cost $425 resort credits ($85 with the resort fee) but since we did the presentation it cost us nothing. As an $85 meal it's worth the price. As a $425 meal it's not. The lobster was good, the soup was tasty and the dessert, a Bailey's cream cake, was absolutely divine. Of course, the setting is part of what you pay for there, so that is part of it.

On the Hacienda side they have a buffet called The Market which we went to a few times. We did breakfast a couple of times and lunch once. We had the same server each time, Elida, and she was very attentive and just awesome all around. She remembered us when we came back and was very helpful. She would make mimosas for us for breakfast and during lunch when I mentioned I was waiting on pizza to arrive at the buffet she went and got it for me once it was ready. Awesome service. The omelette bar was one of my favorites as I can't seem to make a good one at home so when I travel this is something I love. There was also plenty of fruit, hashbrowns, bacon, etc plus Mexican fare thrown in too. At lunch the omelette bar makes meats to order. The flank steak, again, is delicious.

The next day was our excursion. We went to Xplor and that was a blast. I'll do a review on that separate but the HRHRM experience of it was great. They had a bus pick us up from the lobby and we were the last on, first off on the route, as Xplor is only about 15 minutes away from HRHRM. With the discount we paid less than $100 per person to go, which would normally be well over $160 each. Attending the presentation helped out there as well. This we couldn't pay for with our resort credits though, so keep that in mind if you opt to do that.

That night we had dinner at Zen, the asian restaurant on the Hacienda side. We opted for hibachi and were not disappointed. This was probably my favorite meal of the trip and my favorite hibachi experience ever. The chef was entertaining and did tricks I hadn't seen before and new twists on experiences I had. The food was amazingly delicious and the portions were large. I had steak, chicken and shrimp and it all came out well. The fried rice was also very yummy, on par with Benihana and others. The tempura fried ice cream at the end was a nice treat too. Our server was wonderful and attentive as well. Great experience all around. This is a must do!

On our last night we went to Cava Roja, the Spanish restaurant. We were originally going to Ipanema, but it was closed for reservations. We were informed of this by other guests and not the staff, so the communication there could've been better, but Cava was a great substitute. Not having been to a Spanish restaurant before I wasn't sure what to expect but it was tasty. I was told that the food was slow to arrive and that was the case here, but I wasn't in a rush for it and our waiter brought drinks while we were waiting and we made conversation with the people around us so it didn't seem that long, but when we looked at the time it kind of was. We had the ham croquettes, the potatoes, the sun dried tomatoes, the tenderloin skewers, the meat balls and the bread appetizer with anchovy sauce. I never thought I'd eat anchovy sauce but it was delicious. It was quite spicy, but still very good. The ham croquettes were the best though. I ordered three plates of them. I'm actually wanting to learn how to make them at home they were that good. The potatoes were also very good but the sauce they had was also very spicy so be on the lookout for that if you're not a spice person. Picante is what the waiter called it.

On the day after Xplor we had booked massages at the spa. We forgot about the hydrotherapy piece of it and didn't bring swimsuits, so we just got changed for the massage and went in. It was my first time getting a hot stone massage and it was the best massage of any type I've ever had. We did the 80 minute couples massage which was $560 credits ($112 resort fee) and completely worth it. I fell asleep during it and it was just the thing to work out the kinks after our day at Xplor. It was so good we tried to book another one before our trip was up but there weren't openings. Also a must do experience. When we go back we'll make sure to book more than one of these at the beginning of the week.

As I mentioned earlier we did the Rock Shots photo shoot. Armando was our photographer and he spent a half hour taking pictures of us all around the Heaven side of the resort. We came back a day later to look at the pictures and we were floored with how good they came out. My wife wanted them all on a CD or USB stick and we were told it was $15 per picture. With 73 pictures that added up fast. I talked them down to $5.50/picture for all of them on CD with no prints. Still expensive but the pictures were so good I couldn't not get them. You can't use your resort credits on this unfortunately either. I think that for 100 pictures or less they could easily sell the disc for $199 and make a killing with it. The pictures are great though so if you do the shoot don't be surprised if you want them all. While most everyone we talked to who did the membership presentation had no problem saying no to the hard sell there, they couldn't turn down these pictures.

While we did spend most of our time at the pool, we did venture down to the lagoons a couple of times. They are very pretty and are separated from the crashing waves by rock formations. The seawater, fish, etc are all in a nice calm lagoon for you to hang out in. I'd suggest water shoes though since the sea floor can be somewhat unpredictable with rocks, seashells, seaweed, etc. They groom the beach nicely and there are cabanas that you can rent (I believe with resort credits but I'm not sure) and waitstaff ready to bring you drinks as you want/need. There are multiple lagoons up and down the property. One to note is at the far end by building one there is the Eden beach. There is a privacy fence there which makes me think that it will eventually become a topless optional location, but I'm not sure so don't hold me to that. There is also an infinity pool at the Eden beach. There is a VIP/membership only beach as well.

Entertainment and activities are plentiful on and off site. The concierge gives you a schedule of events around the property as well as tells you about the excursions available off site. Tulum, Chichen Itza and swimming with the dolphins are all available with your credits, but most everything else off site will be additional cost. The shuttle company does offer a free two hour shopping trip to Playa if you want to do that as well. Each day at the main pool they have Born to be Wild at 3pm, which varied from day to day. One day it was a beer chugging contest, the next it was hamster ball races. They had a newlywed game one day, etc. There were also water aerobics early in the day as well as exercise classes in the gym inside the main lobby. We had planned on hitting up a yoga class but never got to it. Too early in the morning for us. :) We didn't lack for things to do though. Each night there was some kind of entertainment going on. One night it was a concert, another night it was acrobats, another still it was Rockaroke, where you sing with a live band backing you. Plenty to do all around.

Our check out day was a little bumpy, but still ok. 12 noon is check out time. After that your room key will no longer work. We weren't aware of this and when we went to our room at 12:30 to get our bags to get our shuttle to the airport we couldn't get into the room. We had to go back to the lobby, get the key reactivated, then go back to the room for our bags. Bell services took us on a golf cart to get our bags then drove us back to the lobby to finish check out. Aside from that it went quite smoothly. When the shuttle arrived it was just a minivan and us and another couple were the only ones in it, so we had a direct drive back to the airport. There was another representative from the shuttle company there when we arrived and he escorted us into the airport to help us get checked in for our flight.

All in all it was a wonderful experience. The "Limitless Resort Credits" turned out to have more limits on them than I would've liked and paying the large amount for the pictures wasn't in the plan but otherwise those things were relatively minor. The lack of communication about the check out time and the restaurant closing down were also annoying, but not trip ruiners or anything. The service was great. There wasn't a language barrier at all (although knowing some spanish does help) and anything we needed or any problems we had were dealt with swiftly.

Some have mentioned the construction/remodeling going on. There was a little bit of it going on, but the maintenance people weren't any more visible there than at any other large hotel. All of the fixtures, furniture, etc have been or were being replaced with all new items. The end suites in building 1 were being worked on, but they weren't in any way intrusive on our visit. We did see a shipment of new furniture come in on our last day, but again, it wasn't intrusive to us. Another thing to clear us is that the property hasn't been sold from Palace to Hard Rock. The ownership is still the same, but the property has now franchised the Hard Rock brand. There are membership differences between the Palace group and the Hard Rock group, but the Palace memberships are still being honored at the Hard Rock properties.

There were tons of weddings and newlyweds here celebrating their honeymoons and it's an excellent place for couples to come. The Hacienda side allows kids, but we stayed away from there except to eat so I can't comment on how good it would be for kids. I did see a lot of kids using up the wifi on tablets and other devices in the lobby though. The Hard Rock is trying to cater to a younger crowd it would seem, but there were a few older couples there who were celebrating anniversaries, so everyone is certainly welcome.

Room Tip: Building 1 on the Heaven side can offer a secluded view of the water and not looking into other peop...
11  Thank squirrel4569

Dear squirrel4569,

Wow… what an epic review! I must say I am delighted to hear your awesome feedback of your experience at our hotel and really grateful to you for taking the time to write such a beautiful and detailed letter.
On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya THANK YOU for visiting us and letting us pampering you like a Rock Celebrity. That is our passion and your review confirms we are doing it right when it comes to create authentic experiences that rock or every guest.
We pride ourselves on providing exceptional, friendly and unparallel service and I would like to thank you for mentioning the names of Edwin, Elida and Carlos whose great job and attention have made your stay more enjoyable.
What a great way to take advantage of our fantastic Limitless Resort Credits promotion, indulge yourself at the spa for some amazing treatments and revitalizing massages. All in all it sounds like a truly Rock Star vacation.
I am quite sure your review is going to be very helpful to many readers to decide to spend their vacation with us and we cannot thank you enough for that.
We are looking forward to your next visit which we hope to happen very soon to roll out the red carpet and amaze you with another extraordinary stay at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.

Love All, Serve All.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The facilities and staff were great.. Very nice and large facility.. The food however was HORRIBLE... Breakfast was ok... but lunch and dinner was a Joke.. I ordered a turkey sandwich from the Dive bar.. It came with 1 thin slice of turkey... Had the buffet at Toro twice and it was worse than a Golden Coral... Ate dinner at Zen and it was average at best... Ate diner at Toro and it was Horrible. Ordered the NY strip and it was less than 1/2 " thick and over cooked... My Girlfriend ordered the Filet and it was tough as a Sirloin... The overall grounds were beautiful and the staff were all great and friendly.. Just the Food and Beverage dept. needs a lot of work. When AC in room got to room temp it would turn on and off every 4 seconds.. all day.. all night... very annoying...

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Hello Joyce D,

It is really unfortunate to learn that we have fallen too short to your expectations this time. Please accept my humble apologies for any dissatisfaction you may have experienced during your visit. I will share your comments with our F&B Manager to improve our services and ensure our upcoming guests enjoy a wonderful culinary experience. One of our Customer Care specialists is looking for you via private message to address your concerns better.
Thank you for letting me know. I hope to welcome you back again very soon so we can provide you with the authentic Rock Star experience that all of our guest are accustomed to.

Loved:
- format of two resorts in one: kid friendly (Hacienda) and adult (Heaven)
- 6 year old loved the Kids Club
- leaving kid at kids club and going to Heaven side for drinks with wife
- the beach and lagoon with natural flowing ocean water
- the fact that it was not crowed at all, felt 30% capacity, felt at times we had the place to ourselves
- entertaining events every night
- music was always playing the back ground
- service was great at every turn
- service team fixed air conditioner noise and room smell issue right away.
- xcaret was world class and look forward to going back

Tips:
- bring 50 $1 bills and 10 $5 bills
- bring biodegradable sun screen or buy at hotel
- don't stay on ground level if want total peace and quite because of drunk people gong back to their rooms, yet ground level very convenient.

Suggestions for improvement
- bio degradable sn screen should be encouraged
- encourage eco friendly habits and products
- beds could be firmer and bigger
- food could be better but fine

Legendary Membership:
- you don't have to show up at the sales meeting but we were curious what they had to offer because we liked the Hard Rock format and the resort amenities
- you don't need to go to sales meeting in order to receive your resort credits...just go directly to the travel planner.
- we were already happy Palace Resorts Members and had no other time share / membership obligations.
- based on what I paid and what I got in return the membership does not pay unless I stay at a Hard Rock 5 times or more.
- only pays if you have kids or family you plan to bring back at least 5 time more. With a 6 year old and in-laws, the chances are that we will stay at Hard Rock that many times.
- the best value of membership fee is if you plan to book two two rooms per trip (second room for teens or other family). it's actually cheeper than booking a family suite.
- before you sign anything...take a piece of paper calculate what you are paying in total versus what you are getting. its hard to say if the extra resort credits they offer you are worth it.
- we don't understand RCI so we didn't pay for RCI weeks.
- don't sign anything unless you read the fine print
- we felt the sales rep misrepresented the 2 half price and 1 free week he offered because we thought we were getting a family suites for those weeks when in fact we received regular deluxe suites.

Room Tip: building 6 was convenient to the Kids Club which we used every day. My 6 year old loved it.
1  Thank Sean Q

Hello Sean Q,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our resort. I am so glad to see that you have spent such a great time with us and that there were just too many things that you loved about our service and facilities. I would also like to thank you for the terrific suggestions and observations you have brought to our attention and that we will certainly take in great consideration to enhance the Rock Star experience that we strive to create for every Member and guest. It was our pleasure having you with us, we cannot wait to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The staff is very very happy and helpful. The food was not so great but as expected at an all inclusive. We went to the 10x Seminar by Grant Cardone. It made our entire trip. I would go to another one of his seminars for sure!

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Hello Natasha B,

Thank you for sharing your opinion; I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed such a highly attentive service from our staff and that you enjoyed the seminars. I am sharing your observations with our F&B Manager to improve our services and ensure our incoming guests get an amazing culinary experience. We hope to welcome you back again son.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Ri...
#2 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Barcelo Maya Palace
Barcelo Maya Palace
#6 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#32 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#20 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!