Some of my comments are meant as constructive criticism to management and some minor improvements will get them to their goal of five stars from me, but for now, only four. I have been to the Hard Rock when it was the Adventura and I have stayed at two other all inclusive's this year so this is my honest opinion on the Heaven side of the Hard Rock
First, The Staff is really good and some really shined and only a few didn't. I can see they are still adjusting to the Hard Rock way vs the old Adventura way. Change isn't easy and I need to remind everyone the re grand opening was in June so I will give them a little break.
Check in was easy but I'm an owner so it usually is. The problem I run into is that we received a small corner room, we asked for something better and we were upgraded, there was a problem with that room so after six hour we finally received a third floor room ( best ever room ). I have to ask management if this room switching game is a policy of theirs since it happened at the old Adventura and at Punta Cana when we were there? Twice is a pattern so three times suspicious at least. I paid thousands for a membership, just give me the best room and be done with it. I don't like how they replaced the two seat hot tub which was in the Adventura with the one seat they have now. That was a bad idea. Room Service doesn't come unless you ask for it. So for those who complained, I never had a problem when I asked.
Again, the staff was awesome, at Toro the staff brought me a b-day cake and sang me Happy B-Day, I again received another cake in my room. Thank You.
Food/Drink: Honestly, I have been to three all inclusive's in Mexico this year and I hate to say it but the Hard rock has some work to do. Inconsistency is a big issue. One day at the French Restaurant it is awesome, the next really greasy. You could ask ten different bartenders for a margarita and it will be made ten different ways, usually with way too much lime. IVAN from Toro was by far the best bartender, we told him how to make our margarita and he did it perfectly and always remembered how to make them. When he wasn't there, we ended up getting a beer and a shot of tequila and pouring the shot into the beer with a lime. A two hour bartender meeting and a quality control manager would improve things a lot. The buffet food seemed heavy but the Chefs were great. Italian and Spain were also good. My wife would like something other than Mexican Champagne for her bubbles choice though.
The Spa, This is one of the best Spa's in any country. A special shout out to Yeddid for her superior services. The facility, The service, the staff, everything is top notch. I can't say enough.
Points. We like to keep it simple, you can use your points to buy tequila, which we did, and we used the rest for the spa which again we feel is the best and can only be done a Hard Rock which is a huge plus. I would like Hard Rock to invest in new software so it doesn't take an hour to book our appointments.
Pool/Beach I love what Hardrock did to the beach area, It is much larger than when it was Adventura and they didn't mess with the tidal pool. You can snorkel and see some nice fish and other sea life. Service was great here too, Juana and Sandra busted their butts in getting our drinks. They ran circles around their male counterparts both poolside and at the beach.
Gloria, who was I guess a front desk manager was very helpful too. We only talked on the phone but she helped a lot.
Overall, we had a great time. Hard Rock is a lot more crazy than it's Adventura predecessor. The additional outdoor hot tubs ( that were not hot for some reason) and the Heaven nightclub brought out the crazy. This place can be relaxing, a party, and an adventure. All it needs is a little tweaking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is the 1,264-room Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. And this is where luxury meets satisfaction on a stage of stunning tropical views, a private white sand beach, and exclusive saltwater snorkeling areas. It's all capped off with an inviting traditional design, legendary Hard Rock hospitality, and undeniable excess at every turn. Live large at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and enjoy the very best of paradise for all. Or, pack your appetite for opulence and hit Heaven - an elevated and exclusive retreat for adult guests only featuring a private adult beach, superlative amenities, and dining at its finest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Cove Palace Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Aventuras