“Hard Rock Riviera Maya”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Hope, Ar
“Hard Rock Riviera Maya”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The service at HRRM was excellent. It started with Victor who took us to our room and explained everything and then came back to move us (our request) to another room. He made the move extremely easy and made came to get our bags when we checked out. Victor made arrangements with us a few days before check out to make sure we had our bags taken care of at check out and then came in early to personally take care of us. Marcela and Rosie in PR are the best. They made sure our room was great and took care of more than we asked for. Jessica Serrano is absolutely the best. She took us to book our spa, explained our credits and constantly checked in with us. She called the room one afternoon just to make sure we were taken care of. It was a great experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear William David H,

I would like to thank you for sharing your fantastic review with us and most importantly for your preference when selecting Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya as the glamorous stage for your recent vacation at the Mexican Caribbean.
I am so pleased to see that you have enjoyed an amazing time at our hotel and that you received such a highly attentive service from all our staff and particularly from Victor, Marcela, Rosie and Jessica who gave their best to take your experience at the Rock Star level that all f our guests are accustomed to. We look forward to your next visit.

Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,273)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Thank you everyone at HRRM for a fabulous vacation. The grounds are truly impeccable! The resort is especially amazing at night. The blue lighting in the water in front of Heaven is so relaxing. You can enjoy a after dinner drink while sitting in one of the many Balinese beds that are scattered around. Speaking of Balinese beds, a HUGE thank you goes out Luis Daniel Yekon Guzman who was extremely attentive to our needs at the lagoon! LOVE YA LUIS!!!!

The service at the restaurants were wonderful! Always a fresh drink was delivered without even asking for it :) and the food was fabulous! Make sure you order the skirt steak at Toro for lunch and then graze the dessert, sooooooo good!!! Don't forget the amazing bartenders at Heaven Bar! Always laughing making you feel special...thank you!

Now for the Spaaaah!!! Perfection to a tee! They services were amazing and professional! The hydrotherapy area is inviting and wonderful. The entire staff was always at your disposal.

And now for a very special thank you that goes out to Rosy Ricalde who made sure that our stay was memorable. She is a great asset to the resort! Thank you again Rosy!

Hi anDiamO124!

What an awesome review! Thank you for sharing it and thank you for mentioning the names of those who did a terrific job to make you feel pampered like a Rock Star. I will tell Luis Daniel and Rosy they rocked your stay! I am also glad to see that you took great advantage of your resort credits with amazing treatments at the Spaaaah! All in all it sound like you had a fabulous time with us. We cannot wait to welcome you back again and spoil you with another amazing vacation!

Cordially

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Our group stayed from May 19 - June 26 this year. We have stayed at other resorts in and near Cancun - also 'all inclusive'- and I can confidently say that the resort, staff and facilities at HRH were outstanding. This was the opinion for our entire group. The staff we dealt with (reception, vacation planners, spa (therapists and receptionists), wait staff, entertainment crew etc) were just brilliant!
There were 6 of us that traveled from Australia for this holiday and we met 12 of our American friends there - and our level of expectations were high. And we were NOT disappointed! We had an amazing time!!! We did do a couple of tours and they were fantastic however we all wanted to spend a lot of time relaxing and some quality pool time.
The resort itself is amazing. I think it is well planned out with the two 'sides' of the resort. The Hacienda side (families) the Heaven side (adults ONLY). No children allowed on the Heaven side of the resort, even in the restaurants or in the pools. (Parents can enjoy restaurants on the Heaven side - just without your children)
The Spa was excellent! Every treatment was amazing, as were the therapists. I recommend going early to your appointment so you can utilize their water facilities prior to your treatment. Some of the spa favorites from our group were the Agave Ritual, Chocolate Wrap, Couples Massage, every facial feedback was excellent. I wish I had booked more treatments!
Our rooms were really nice. Our rooms were located in Building 3 on the 3rd floor - some of us were close to the pools, others at the far end of the building. Our room was close to the pools which was really convenient however we also had more people walk past our rooms compared to our other friends who were at the far end. I guess from the pool to their room was a 5 minute walk but very quiet away from the pools too. Some people have commented that the rooms were really small. For a party? yes. To sleep, get changed, have room service? Absolutely not!
We found the beds super comfortable, pillows were great, awesome shower, air conditioning worked brilliantly. No complaints there!
Four things to remember;
1.There is no natural beach. There are beautiful man made lagoons/coves to swim/snorkel in. If you want crashing waves, you will not find them here.
2. The front desk staff do not allocate the rooms.
3. You can use your resort credits for spa, tours, wine upgrades etc remembering they do have a 20% surcharge.
4. You do not have to tip, however I think you should. The staff do an amazing job and work really hard to make your trip enjoyable.
The staff that contributed enormously to our fabulous stay include; Ofelia, Jazhiel, Emmanuel, Elias, Yonathon, Norma and Brenda.
Would we return? Absolutely!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank MissAli_C74
René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hi there MissAli_C74,
Wow...what an amazing review, thanks for sharing it with us. I am beyond pleased to learn that we have provided you an incredible stay by surpassing all of your expectations and delivering you authentic experiences that rocked your vacation! I am so glad to see that you took advantage of your resort credits by going to incredible tours and relaxing at the Spaahh with awesome treatments. All in all it sounds like a Celebrity getaway. Can't wait to welcome you back soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Recently my husband and I travelled to Hard Rock Riviera Maya for our wedding and honeymoon. We travelled for two weeks in the end of June through the beginning of July. We had over 50 people traveling with us, most of which stayed for the entire week. The entire trip was wonderful and the staff did an amazing job helping everything run smooth! We visited this resort when it was Aventura Spa Palace in March of 2013 and there are some significant changes for the better. I personally love the relaxed feel of the Palace Resorts but the Hard Rock definitely has relaxing areas and does not take away from that aspect at all. I will break this up into categories.

1- Spa
The spa is wonderful, my husband and I had numerous couples massages and they were mostly great! Before the wedding my girlfriends and I had massages, pedicures, and manicures and they were so accommodating getting us all in at the same time. The groomsmen also had some pre-wedding massages. Also, before the treatments or whenever you want really I highly recommend using the hydrotherapy which consists of (sauna, steam room, cold room, warm jacuzzi, cold jacuzzi, and hot jacuzzi). This treatment is so relaxing and it can be done everyday for no cost at all! I also highly recommend Victor Manual and Isabelle, they were both fabulous at the treatments.

2-Food
The food was great all week, especially the dinners. After two weeks, I started to get sick of the same thing for breakfast and lunch, but there are tons of options, I just stuck with the same thing. The Brazilian Restaurant (Ipanema) was not open the entire two weeks we were there, however they did set up a Brazilian buffet in the Woodstock Terrace with music, but I did not want to eat at a Buffet for dinner after we had it for breakfast and lunch. My personal favorite was the Italian (Ciao) and the Hibachi (Zen). All of them had good things on the menu. One thing to note is that the steak restaurant (Toro) is good, but you cannot expect to have the finest cuts of meat around. If you notice when you drive to the resort, there are not fields of cows running around so don't expect the same cuts of filet, sirloin, etc. Needless to say I still liked Toro, but I have heard people complaining. The service at all the restaurants was top notch. The waiters and support staff are professional, prompt, friendly, and happy to bring you whatever you need!

3 - Pool
The pools are great at both the Hacienda (family) and Heaven (adults only) sides. Heaven has more of a central pool where the entertainment staff and swim up bar are located as well as a few additional pool areas that are great as well. The Hacienda side has more of a flowing larger pool area but not one large section. They have also added a good sized water slide at Hacienda, which is dark for about 15 seconds down. The kids seemed to have loved it! The first week we were there we had Yurida waiting on us at the pool and she brought our group of 50 whatever we needed, she was incredible and always willing to help! Thanks Yurida :)

4 - Beach/Ocean
This is by far the biggest and best change of the resort. In the past at Aventura Spa Palace the "beach area" consisted of a beach with a concrete two step down into the ocean area. Which was the actual ocean protected by a sea wall because on the other side the waves are too dangerous and they created this lagoon area. Well NOW Hard Rock has created an actual zero entry beach at pretty much every entry point on the beach, meaning you can walk on the sand straight into the ocean and feel small waves as they make their way through the sea wall. I feel this is the best change because of the zero entry, natural beach, and ocean water coming into the lagoon. The lagoon is blue water and beautiful fish swim in it, so snorkeling is great! We also had Yurida on the second week down on the beach and she greeted us with a smile and a fresh made drink every morning and new exactly what we liked! She was great! Towards the later part of the trip, down at the Eden beach (which is a beach with a infinity edge jacuzzi (not hot) pool sort of built into the ocean) we met an amazing waiter named Roberto. He had only worked there for four days and he was awesome! So friendly and his English was the best of anyone outside or in the restaurants. I was sort of confused why he was doing the job he was doing because his English was so good, he just carried on conversation like it was his first language. He would be good on the entertainment staff or as a Butler.

5- Rooms
We had three presidential suites during our wedding week! 4300, 4301, and 3301. These were all on the top floor of building four and building three. The room renovations are wonderful, we had an entire rooftop terrace with outdoor jacuzzi, outdoor shower, lounge chairs, etc. One night we had a wedding cocktail hour that our Butlers (Luis, Carlos, Emmanual, and Jaz) put together for the 50 plus people attending and it was great! I will get to the Butlers! Most of the people attending the wedding were in regular rooms in building three. Rooms on floor two have two double beds and rooms on floor one and three have King beds from what we could tell! They were all great and people loved them! For our honeymoon we moved to building three in 3307 and it was great! One tip for rooms - the rooms closest to 0 like 3305, 3307, 4305, 4306, etc are closest to the ocean where as rooms higher up 4345, 4347 are further from the ocean. I recommend building three and four if you are wanting to be close to the action, pools, beach, restaurants, etc.

6- Butlers
We had four wonderful Butlers all two weeks! These guys help us with everything we could ever need! Jaz, Emmanual, Carlos, and Luis made the weeks so special and were always there for us! I highly recommend and thank these guys!

7- Wedding/Reception
Lilia our wedding planner was amazing! Christina Hernandez worked with me via email until 45 days out and she was amazing as well. The Lilia was here at the resort and I was able to meet her our first day and plan everything out! Wow was the ceremony and reception great! If you are thinking of having your ceremony and reception here, please email me at kate.gatewayfh@gmail.com and I would be happy to make some recommendations on locations of private events! We had four and they were all great! All the staff at them were wonderful!

8- VIP member service
Rosy and Marcela were awesome with helping coordinate all the check in arrivals and room requests. So many times when you travel with groups you get stuck in different buildings far away from each other! Not here! These two worked so hard to make sure we were all close to each other in the same buildings and got literally all the requests we asked for! They were awesome! Thank you ladies! The O'Connell/Yates/Graft group really appreciates it!

9- Night Club
Wow - Heaven Night Club was amazing! Our party of 50 went there every night, it was great. The drinks were perfect and the music was great. Better when they played some rock, but it was still fun either way. Thanks for this addition!

The weather was beautiful… the wedding was great… the reception - every danced the night away! It was a great week!

Here are a few suggestions for the resort…. These didn't bother me that much. Just suggestions!

1) Tennis courts need some work, my mom wants to bring her tennis friends, however the courts are not in good shape, the nets are too high and they are just overgrown. Bring them back to how they use to be please :)
2) Music at the pool - it is the same everyday and is always the techno stuff. One day we got to play our iPhone with come country and rock and it was amazing how everyone stayed at the pool much longer and had a blast! That was just one day and literally people booed when they unplugged our iPhone.
3) More nightly music/karaoke in the heaven lobby. Something from 9pm - 10pm before the club opens without having to go to the Hacienda side for a show.

Thanks for an amazing wedding! Anyone can contact me if they have questions!

Room Tip: Rooms ending in closest to 00 are closest to the ocean!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kate G
René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hi there Kate G,

Thanks to you for making us part of your wedding. One of the joys of our business is meeting such lovely guests as yourselves and we are beyond glad to see that everything was perfect during your stay. Thank you for mentioning the names of so many from our staff who went out of their way to make you feel like a Rock Celebrity. We truly appreciate your terrific suggestions which we are going to take in great consideration to enhance the experience at our resort. It was our absolute pleasure having you with us. We look forward to your next visit to this your special place in Riviera Maya, Mexico.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for a week and were amazed at the service and the comfort this hotel gave us. We stayed on the Heaven Side, which is all adult, and enjoyed the beauty of the hotel as well as the all inclusive drinks and food. The staff worked hard to ensure we had what we wanted and enjoyed the 80's Music as we relaxed by the pools. Only negative is the beds are harder than normal, but they will bring you pillow tops.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Craig K
Hi Craig K,

Thank you for your fantastic review which confirms that we have achieved our goal for creating an amazing Rock Star experience for you and your loved one. That’s our passion and we are glad to see it's working. It’s so wonderful to see that you loved the adult-only experience at Heaven section and that you enjoyed the high level of service from our friendly staff. We hope to welcome you back again soon and spoil you with another heavenly getaway at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Some of my comments are meant as constructive criticism to management and some minor improvements will get them to their goal of five stars from me, but for now, only four. I have been to the Hard Rock when it was the Adventura and I have stayed at two other all inclusive's this year so this is my honest opinion on the Heaven side of the Hard Rock

First, The Staff is really good and some really shined and only a few didn't. I can see they are still adjusting to the Hard Rock way vs the old Adventura way. Change isn't easy and I need to remind everyone the re grand opening was in June so I will give them a little break.

Check in was easy but I'm an owner so it usually is. The problem I run into is that we received a small corner room, we asked for something better and we were upgraded, there was a problem with that room so after six hour we finally received a third floor room ( best ever room ). I have to ask management if this room switching game is a policy of theirs since it happened at the old Adventura and at Punta Cana when we were there? Twice is a pattern so three times suspicious at least. I paid thousands for a membership, just give me the best room and be done with it. I don't like how they replaced the two seat hot tub which was in the Adventura with the one seat they have now. That was a bad idea. Room Service doesn't come unless you ask for it. So for those who complained, I never had a problem when I asked.

Again, the staff was awesome, at Toro the staff brought me a b-day cake and sang me Happy B-Day, I again received another cake in my room. Thank You.

Food/Drink: Honestly, I have been to three all inclusive's in Mexico this year and I hate to say it but the Hard rock has some work to do. Inconsistency is a big issue. One day at the French Restaurant it is awesome, the next really greasy. You could ask ten different bartenders for a margarita and it will be made ten different ways, usually with way too much lime. IVAN from Toro was by far the best bartender, we told him how to make our margarita and he did it perfectly and always remembered how to make them. When he wasn't there, we ended up getting a beer and a shot of tequila and pouring the shot into the beer with a lime. A two hour bartender meeting and a quality control manager would improve things a lot. The buffet food seemed heavy but the Chefs were great. Italian and Spain were also good. My wife would like something other than Mexican Champagne for her bubbles choice though.

The Spa, This is one of the best Spa's in any country. A special shout out to Yeddid for her superior services. The facility, The service, the staff, everything is top notch. I can't say enough.

Points. We like to keep it simple, you can use your points to buy tequila, which we did, and we used the rest for the spa which again we feel is the best and can only be done a Hard Rock which is a huge plus. I would like Hard Rock to invest in new software so it doesn't take an hour to book our appointments.

Pool/Beach I love what Hardrock did to the beach area, It is much larger than when it was Adventura and they didn't mess with the tidal pool. You can snorkel and see some nice fish and other sea life. Service was great here too, Juana and Sandra busted their butts in getting our drinks. They ran circles around their male counterparts both poolside and at the beach.

Gloria, who was I guess a front desk manager was very helpful too. We only talked on the phone but she helped a lot.

Overall, we had a great time. Hard Rock is a lot more crazy than it's Adventura predecessor. The additional outdoor hot tubs ( that were not hot for some reason) and the Heaven nightclub brought out the crazy. This place can be relaxing, a party, and an adventure. All it needs is a little tweaking.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the best but hard to get
6 Thank wooster68
Hello wooster 68,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel; we very much appreciate your observations and I am glad to hear you say you had a great time at our resort. We love getting reviews when our staff provided an outstanding service, so I would like to thank you for mentioning Ivan, Juana, Sandra, Yedid and Gloria and the terrific job they made at taking good care of you. This may have been your first time at our hotel as Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya but certainly not your last, still plenty to see, to do, to drink and eat and to Rock! We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We booked our stay at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya with The Tropical Travelers and from beginning to end is was a wonderful experience. The hotel is lovely. I loved that the ocean is a beautiful cove. The kids were able to snorkel and enjoy the beach without me having to worry about them. The pools were lovely and there was always a game of basketball or volleyball going on to keep them entertained. The staff was beyond friendly and accommodating. We had a very relaxing and lovely time there!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank jennifer m
Hi jennifer m,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your trip. There is nothing more encouraging for us than getting these amazing comments from our satisfied guests who lived the Rock Star treatment every single moment of their stay at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya; because we pride ourselves in providing exceptional friendly and unparalleled service. Thank you for visiting us. We are counting with your preference in future vacations to Riviera Maya, Mexico.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Ri...
#1 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Barcelo Maya Palace
Barcelo Maya Palace
#6 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#34 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#3 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#23 of 209 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!