“Amazing Honeymoon”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Brook Park, Ohio
“Amazing Honeymoon”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at the Hard Rock Riviera Maya. I cannot say enough good things about this place. It was always spotless, the staff was beyond friendly, and the food was great. We stayed on the Heaven (adult only side), but actually enjoyed the family side, too. I would go back tomorrow if I could!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Hi Jennifer S,

I am so glad to see that you found the perfect place for a dreamed Rock n’ Roll honeymoon at our hotel and I am quite sure that future couples will find your review very helpful to decide spending a glamorous honeymoon at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya as well.
It has been a pleasure having you with us. We look forward to welcome you back again.

Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,315)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Let me first preface my review by saying this is not our first trip to Mexico. This was however the best service we have experienced in the Riviera Maya/Playacar resort area. The staff at this resort were wonderful!

We visited here with a group of 4 families over spring break. April 2014. The hotel was still under construction-I was aware of this when we booked this hotel, so I was expecting it. What I did not expect were the project delays that did impact our vacation. There really wasn't much for teenagers to do here - especially in the evenings. The teen gym was incomplete the end of April when we were there - it was suppose to be done a week before we arrived. This doesn't seem like that big of a deal until you factor in 5, 16-17 year old boys who didn't have access to a gym for more than a week during soccer and lacrosse seasons. The teen "disco" also not completed on time...this is to be the place for this age to go to in the evening and "hang-out". Trust me, they do not want to hang out with their parents all night.

I do have lots of positive to share as well:

Food - everywhere we ate, the food was good/great. As I mentioned, 5 teenage boys consume lots of food. They NEVER went away from a restaurant hungry. We never had to wait a long amount of time for a table - we had a group of 14 in total. They always accommodated our largish group.

Staff - always friendly and helpful. Probably the best assets here are the staff. The pool staff, the housekeeping staff, even the beach staff who work the cabanas - all are great!

Beach - don't go here if you are looking for a large beach you can walk for miles. There is an adequate amount of beach here to get wet, make sand castles etc...

I almost forgot the spa - the spa is top notch! Facials, massages, and pedicures were had by all. I have to say the best was my facial - this was the first time I fell asleep during a facial! So relaxing!

All in all a good experience. Would love to see what this place is like in another year, when the HR has fully integrated the brand. I cannot say enough about the staff - they make the experience, the rest you can get any where, but the people and the service they provide are what make the experience.

Room Tip: We were located in building 5. A bit of a walk from the pool area, but very quiet so we didn't...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HockeyMom365
Hello HockeyMom365,

Thank you so much for sharing this incredible feedback that confirms that we achieved our goal for creating an authentic experience that rocked your vacation time. We cannot stress enough our satisfaction for hearing you say this has been the best Customer Service in Mexico. That is our passion and we are glad to see you felt the characteristic Rock Star treatment that is customary to all of our guests. We are counting with your preference in future vacations to Riviera Maya for another amazing getaway.

Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My first visit to the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and I have to say it was great! We stayed on the Heaven side. We enjoyed the restaurants, the room was clean and spacious, and the staff took care of our every need. Juana and Marvin out on the VIP beach were fantastic. We never wanted for anything. Edwin, Isaics, and Johnny in the restaurants were very attentive and the female Manager at the Pizzaria (sorry, can't remember her name) was an excellent hostess. She made sure everything was to our liking. I felt as if I were in her dining room. Can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: building 2 had a great view and was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi MrAverage126,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our resort. Your review ignites our passion for service and encourages to continue generating authentic experiences that rock for every guest. Thank you for highlighting the brilliant service from Marvin, Juana, Isaias, Edwin, Johnny and Maria who made you feel like a Rock Celebrity. We cannot wait to welcome you back soon.

Cordially.

Chatsworth, Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It is very difficult to only mention a few names that made this vacation perfect. it takes all of the staff to make this such a great experience. Excellent accommodations, fantastic service, spa services to die for. Overall favorite vacation that i have ever been on. Would like to especially thank Jaziel and Emanuel butler service was excellent, Isais, Marvin, Juana and Edwin spoiled us all week and manger of pizzeria restaurant sorry could not remember her name but remembered her from last year beautiful smile and excellant service. Would highly recommend visiting Hard Rock in Rivieira Maya. We will see you again. Cant wait!!!!!

Room Tip: Centrally located rooms are more easily accessible to pool area. presidential suites are all ocean...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joyce S
Hi Joyce S,
I cannot stress enough our satisfaction to learn that you qualify this as your favorite vacation you have ever been on. This means a lot to us because we pride ourselves in providing friendly, exceptional and unparalleled service to every guest. Thank you for the staff shout outs, rest assured that I will tell Juana, Marvin, Jaziel, Emanuel, Edwin and Maria they rocked!
It's been great having you with us. We look forward to your next visit at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.

Lowell
Reviewed 7 July 2014

From the moment we checked in and throughout our entire stay we were treated with top of the line service. The room with the upstairs terrace was perfect. From the well stocked fridge to the private jacuzzi the attention to detail was superb.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Brian M
Hi Brian M,

It is always with great enthusiasm that we receive reviews like yours which confirm our commitment to create authentic experiences that rock for every guest. Thank you for making us part of your vacation; we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon and roll out the red carpet for another amazing stay at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.
Sincerely

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This was our 1st visit since it was turned in to Hard Rock. I never thought it could be more beautiful but it was! They have made some really great changes and additions. I have to give a few shout outs: Marvin and Juana down at the Heaven beach showed the best customer service of any where I think I've ever experienced!!! I wanted to take them home with me. Not only did they provide great customer service but they genuinely enjoyed their jobs and their customers. Edwin was the sweetest thing at breakfast and lunch and remembered every day that my hubby liked Baileys with his coffee! Johnny made our romantic dinner extra special. He has the sweetest personality. Isaics from Zen remembered us also and even what kind of wine we liked. All the staff are great but These folks I mentioned went above and beyond to make our trip extra special. Jazz and Emmanuel took care of every need we had. They thought of things that we had not considered and always seemed to know just what we needed. Those 2 work their behinds off and I'm sure aren't always appreciated by their customers. They deserve a round of applause! Great job Hard Rock!!! I love the new look and feel!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ginnylouhoo
René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi Ginnylouhoo,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and specially for mentioning the names of so many from our staff who went above and beyond to take your experience to the Rock Star level we strive to offer to every guest.
It is always great to receive these fantastic comments when our staff provided a service that rocked, so I will tell Marvin, Juana, Edwin, Isaias, Johnny, Jazz and Emmanuel you thought they did a great job.
It has been a pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back again many more times to spoil you like a Rock Celebrity.
Sincerely

Tulum
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My Trip and stay were wonderful. It was all I expected. food was good . restaurants were Good though the liquor was ok. some of the bartenders need to take classes. it was clean and fun . the staff could not have done enough for us. we had a sky terrace which was a must when traveling with kids. they are constantly maintaining the grounds.

Kids club was great first time we left our kids somewhere and we felt it was safe. everyone spoke English. you wind up eating to much but it was a vacation. the restaurants at the heaven side are a little better for romantic nights.

Legendary the time share company is a little annoying. They hit you with a three front hit. so don't do it . enjoy the place .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Hi Luigi P,

I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed a wonderful vacation at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. Your review ignites our passion for service, thank you for sharing it. I think that it’s great that your kids enjoyed themselves at the Little Big Club while you had a romantic dinner at our Adult-Only restaurants.
It has been a pleasure having you with us. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future for another excellent family vacation. Thanks for the five-star review!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Ri...
#1 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Barcelo Maya Palace
Barcelo Maya Palace
#6 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#31 of 210 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#22 of 210 in Playa del Carmen
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#2 of 210 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!