“Great family vacation!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great family vacation!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

The only complaint we have about our stay is the pressure to "join" the membership club, become a VIP. If you visit this resort, I advise you to absolutely NOT waste your time taking the 2 hour tour/presentation. They offered us incentives (free excursions, spa) for sitting through the presentation, then it was like pulling teeth to get them to keep their word. We felt tricked. Stay away from the Legendary team.

With that being said, the service around the resort was 5 star! You felt like the were all your friends by the end of your stay and we hated to leave them!

Zen restaurant was our very favorite!

And the couples massage is a MUST!

Our girls are 12 and 15 and we found it to be a very safe and exciting place for the. Lots to do poolside with newly made friends and then family time in the evening.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Melany S
René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Hello Melany S,

Thank you for letting me know and please accept my humble apologies for any inconvenient that it may have caused you. On the other hand I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed such a great time at our resort and that you received such a highly attentive service from all our staff that always treated you like the Rock Star you are. It’s been great having you with us. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely,

Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,187)
Brazoria, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel was formerly the Palace, and has been beautifully remodeled as the Hard Rock Hotel. We had the Deluxe Platinum Grand Sky Terrace room on the Heaven (adult) side, which is advertised on their web page as a 1446 sq. ft. room. In truth, the room is about 450 sq. ft. Apparently, the balcony and sky terrace are included in the room square footage. The balcony was nice to sit on in the morning and enjoy a cup of coffee. But the sky terrace, accessible from a stair way in the room, was much to hot to spend any time in. It contained a hot tub (empty) and a couple of plastic chairs (the room description says "lounge chairs"). We never used that space, it was just too hot. So don't be fooled by the 1446 sq. ft. description. The room is not that big. Also advertised in the room description were slippers. There were no slippers.
When we went to use the safe we got a "low battery" notice, and had to call for a replacement. We had the service man up and battery replaced within 10 minutes. Two days later the safe flashed a "motor disconnect" notice. Another call for repair. And again, the safe was repaired within 10 minutes. On our last day there, we once again got the "low battery" notice. Batteries only last 4 days?
There is a liquor dispenser that has vodka, rum, tequila, and scotch. When I asked if I could swap the scotch for bourbon, I was told if I want bourbon, I have to go to the bar. We never used the liquor dispenser.
The room air conditioning was excellent.
We had dinner at Ciao (Italian), La Petit Cochon (French), Ipanema (Brazilian Steakhouse), and Zen (Benihana style Japanese). Only Ciao required men to wear long pants, collared shirt and closed toe shoes. Ciao, Cochon, and Zen are air conditioned. Ipanema is not and it is very hot inside the restaurant. However, sitting outside on the terrace with a nice breeze was wonderful. In every restaurant the food was WONDERFUL, and the service EXCELLENT.
Along the pool areas and lagoon beach there are plenty of lounge chairs, but only a few have shade. Additionally, some of the shaded lounges have to be "rented" to the tune of $40 a day. Shame. They need many more places available that you don't have to pay for shade.
The strong points for this resort is the food and service, with emphasis on service. The staff were all very friendly. Drink service pool and lagoon side was outstanding. Waiters and servers in all the restaurants and bars were fantastic. The best service I have seen in quite a while. Well done.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank scubaV
Hello scubaV,

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I must say that I am really glad to know that you enjoyed a very pleasant vacation at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and that you loved the food and the excellent service from our staff; however I would like to extend to you our humble apologies for any inconvenient you may have encountered during your visit. We hope to welcome you back again soon and provide you with the extraordinary experience that all of our guests are accustomed to.
Sincerely

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at a Hard Rock hotel and they are by far the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The service, the food and the rooms are all amazing! Can't wait for my next Hard Rock visit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Hello Rebecca M,

Thank you so much for thinking of us so highly. Your review yet short but sweet, ignites our passion for service and we are beyond glad to know that we created a genuine Rock Star experience for you. We cannot wait to welcome you back again soon.Thank you for the five star review!

Vancouver, British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My Husband and I stayed here for our Honeymoon at the end of June. WOW! First of all, let me say that I am a travel agent, so I see a lot of resorts and probably judge them fairly critacally. I loved this resort. Without a doubt I would call it a 5 star all the way. The staff from the moment you arrive are fantastic, super friendly and overly helpful. You will never sit anywhere around that resot without getting asked if you want a drink or need anything. We were upgraded at check in to a Platinum Sky Terrace Suite on the Heaven (adults only) at check in and were so excited, since I had seen this two story room online and really wanted to see it in person. it was fantastic. Gorgeous room, with a HUGE bed and a set of stairs that leads up to a private balcony with your hot tub for two;) We were in building 3 and it was a great location, close to the Heaven lobby, pool, and just a few minutes walk to the Hacienda side.

Food:

The food was great. I will say that compared to some others I have stayed at, the couple of times we ate at a buffet, it did not blow me away, but it was not bad in any way, just a limited selection compared to others I have been to. That doesn't matter though, because the beauty of the Hard Rock is that there are many a la carte options, and they do not requre any reservations, so why ever eat at the buffet:) Also, the room service menu is large, available 24 hours a day, fast and delicious. I am still thinking about the homemade tortilla chips and cheese....so good....I may have to go back just for those...

We stayed on the Heaven side, but did venture over to the Hacienda (family side) a few times and saw many options for fun for the children. Amazing pools , a huge waterslide, rock climbing wall, little kids play area, etc. Without a doubt this is a resort that could accommadate a large group of families with and without children very well. The resort is so sprawling that we never once felt crowded or had to wait in a line for anything. The main pool on the heaven side with the swim up bar had activities most of the day put on by very happy, enthusiastic and funny employees.

Overall, I was very impressed with the food, service, cleanliness and overall Rock Star experience!! We will return again and again:)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

3 Thank Suzanne B
Hello Suzanne B,

I can see you are quite a traveler! Thank you for telling us about your experience at our resort. I cannot stress enough our satisfaction for knowing that you enjoyed an amazing honeymoon at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya in every possible way. Your review confirms our commitment to deliver authentic experiences that rock for every guest. That is our passion and providing you with the best possible service is our way to say thank you for making us part of your recent travels! We look forward to your next visit.

René Malacara Coss
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.
Decatur, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I spent 6 nights at this resort with our twenty year old daughter and our thirteen year old daughter and her friend in a separate room.

First thing, the trip from the airport in Cancun only took about 45 minutes, not bad at all. When we arrived, we had booked two Deluxe Gold Rooms but prior to arriving we joined the Hard Rock VIP program which is around $20/year, maybe $25. When I checked us in, I asked if we could receive a room upgrade since we were HR VIP Members. The front desk attendant quickly checked and provided my husband and I with a room with a sky terrace that had an adjoining door to the room that our girls were in. The room was very nice. It had stairs behind the bed that went up to the roof and there was a huge hot tub up there, a separate 1/2 bath, and some lounge chairs. We were not ever in our room long enough to fully use it, but it was extremely nice. The girls room had two double beds with a large tub inside the room. The bathrooms were very nice and had a long double sink that gave you plenty of vanity space for all of your toiletries.

We had excellent service with wifi throughout the resort property.

We were treated so nice by several staff members that I would like to recognize by name. Victor, was our waiter at Zen the first night and was so funny and helpful. Dorian was the bartender in the Sun Bar and we frequented it almost nightly and he was always very up-beat and helpful, always smiling. Jorge was also a waiter at Zen that we had on a different night. He was extremely pleasant. Jose, waited on my husband and I on our last night at Toro, the steakhouse. He was overly helpful and nice. Jack and Mauricio were the entertainers out by the pool, my girls were knows by them on a first name basis. Probably because the girls participated in everything, everyday - for example, water polo, stretching, water aerobics, basketball, beach and pool volleyball, decorating pineapples, etc. Last, but definitely not least, was Marvin, our server at the pool. He went above and beyond helping my family have the most relaxing and best days at the pool. Marvin, is by far, the BEST server that HRRM has on staff out by the pool. He gets 5 stars by himself.

My husband and I took the golf cart shuttle over to Heaven several times, it seemed to be less crowded than the Hacienda side. The lobby on the Hacienda side was always "happening" and there were tons of things for adults and kids to do every day, up in to the night.

Almost every single staff member spoke very good English and were able to help with anything that you might need. We cannot say enough about the excellent service. My only slight, and I mean slight disappointment is not having a real beach. We enjoy walking the beach but the property is so large, you can walk from Heaven side to Hacienda side and see Iguanas everywhere. The beach that they have built, it very nice. We Kayaked, did the Snorkeling Tour and just enjoyed being out by the big rocks.

With our resort credits, we bought Tequila to bring home, did the Dolphin Swim (our kids loved it, but I think my husband and I loved it more), and my oldest daughter and I did deep tissue massages with Hydrotherapy. The spa is amazing.

Lastly, I will say.....DO NOT SIT THROUGH THE SALES PITCH that they offer you to go sit through on the day you arrive. They offered to give us two of our "excursions" (the Dolphin Swim and The Speedboat/Snorkeling Tour) for free, meaning not having to pay the 20%. I would have paid 25% if I could have gotten out of the pressure filled meeting about paying $20,000 to join their Legendary club. I told one guy no, then another came, then another came and I felt like I was buying a used car and being pressured and they acted a little bit "ill" when we weren't interested in signing up at that exact moment. We met another couple that had the same experience. The main problem that I had with it was not that I sat through the meeting, I knew what I was signing up for, but the problem was that when I went to book my Dolphin Tour and Speedboat Tour, the Speedboat Tour was booked up for the remainder of my four days here so I basically didn't get what I was promised. It was just stupid on my part, just take my advice and say, NO and mean it.

We will definitely consider coming back, we may try Punta Cana next year. This was a great place to come and stay and an amazing place to bring your family! Excellent Job HRHRM!

Room Tip: We were in Hacienda Building 6, not close to anything. Rooms were nice and clean and updated.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Stacy P
Hi Stacy P,

Thank you for taking the time to share this incredible feedback with us. Isn’t it great how asimple visit can turn into so much fun? I am so glad to hear that you loved your Rock Star getaway from the very first moment of your stay. Thank you for the staff shout outs. I will tell Marvin and the others what a terrific job they made taking good care of you and your family. It has been great having you with us. We look forward to your next visit.
Cordially,

René Malacara Coss
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.
Marion, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is our 2nd trip to Mexico and this time we choose the Riviera Maya. Last year we stayed at Live Aqua Cancun. The Hard Rock Riviera Maya is a great hotel. The facilities and amenities are excellent. We stayed for 3 nights as a couple getaway and we had a great time.

I won't compared directly with Cancun because hotels in Riviera are different than Cancun. Riviera Maya have more resort types hotels and great landscape and wildlife. Beach is better in Cancun though.

The Club at night has a good environment and good music. Playa del Carmen is less than 30 minutes away and it has a lot of shop stores and restaurants.

The Spa is like being in heaven. We had a couples massage and it definitely a must!!

We had a corner room with terrace and jacuzzi. The room was not huge as our suite in Cancun last year but size was OK. We would return to this hotel. Actually we are currently planning our next vacation to Mexico.

Hard Rock Riviera rocks!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mauricio O
Hi Mauricio O,

Nothing rocks our world more that receiving these fantastic reviews from satisfied guests like you who lived the Rock Star experience that we strive to deliver to every guest. We cannot thank you enough for choosing our hotel for a dreamed Rock n' Roll vacation and for recommending us so highly. We look forward to welcome you back again very soon and roll out the red carpet for another spectacular getaway at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.

Wooster

Best 8 days !!
Vanessa was my favorite hostess. She was so sweet, friendly, and fun. She even gave me a few Spanish speaking lessons :o)
Lyria was the best omelet chef!
Juana was at poolside and was so efficient and on top of everything!

Room Tip: Higher Floor and Caribbean Sea view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mid W
Hi Mid W,
Thank you so much for you short and sweet review and for mentioning the outstanding job that Vanessa, Lyria and Juana made to take your experience to the Rock Star level. I will let them know you thought they were great. It has been a pleasure having you with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Hard Rock Hotel RivieraMaya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Ri...
#1 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,042 reviews
Barcelo Maya Palace
Barcelo Maya Palace
#7 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,626 reviews
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#31 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,478 reviews
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#2 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,837 reviews
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#19 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 7,864 reviews
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
5.0 of 5 bubbles 5,575 reviews

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!