“Whaley family trip”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Fabulous stay-same great staff and service from our previous 15 visits!Decor tastefully done-9 great restaurants-Frida,Ciao,LePetit Couchon our favorites.Location of presidential #5201-5203 was great-outstanding view-right next to entertainment area-Woodstock-got to see some shows from balcony.Our family of 11 had a wonderful time,We were greeted on arrival by Rosy,Martha,and,Marcela from PR greeted us like we were really family.They had decorated our rooms saying "Welcome home" Happy Birthday decorations for my daughter's room and then happy anniversary cake and champagne on another day!Now I must recognize all of the very special staff--Sun Bar-Francisco-Mgr.Eduardo Velasco-a great friend and bartender,Victor,Alfredo and .Flor rand Marcela waitresses.Frida-Ismael-best waiter in the entire resort,Didier Mgr and Esmeralda hostess.Bellmen;Lorenzo,A. Barragan,Caesar,RaphaelWilberth,Nelson-very prompt in taking us from to lobbies ,Nelson.Entertainment-Jay,Jack,Elias,Brenda,Cosme,Eddie,Lili..,Pool waiters-Juan and Marco.Phone operators-Naomi,Harvey, and Teresa.Carolina Kid's Club.Ciao-Mateo,Vidal,,Jonathan-waitersSpa-Ilya.Outstanding service by all of these wonderful people!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hello Pat W,

I am beyond glad to learn that you loved your stay at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. Thank you for sharing Rock Star experience with us and for mentioning the names of Rosy, Martha and Marcela whose attentiveness and dedicated Customer Service made you feel welcome. I think it's awesome to learn that there were so many from our staff whose great job and hospitality have made your vacation a memorable experience. I will tell Francisco, Eduardo, Flor, Marcela and the others you thought they were great. Thank you for making us part of your recent vacation. Your Family at Riviera Maya longs for your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We just got back from a 7 day vacation and it was awesome. We traveled with a party of 9, 4 adults and 5 children. Clean hotel, accommodating staff, & pictures are exactly what you get! Have to give a shout out to Maria the manager at Pizzetto, pool bar staff, Alberto, Diana, Beatrice, Luis & Maria. Waiter Jose @ Toro, Nery @ Pizzetto & Appolonia @ Impanema. They made the experience even better. Only thing that stopped me from giving this resort an Excellent rating, no drink menu at the bars, no drink special of the day and would have liked to have a place to order from a menu for breakfast & lunch instead of always having buffet. Don't get me wrong, the food was good, but would have liked the option to sit and order. We did walk over to the Heaven side and not sure how long that will last. It was very quiet and seemed deserted. We went to the Martini bar and it was not impressive - again, no drink menu - I would have liked to have a variety of choices in front of me, rather than trying to figure out what the bar tender can make. We did visit the spa and although I did not care for the music selection, not your typical serene music, my husband loved it. I actually asked to have the volume turned off because the beat made me want to get up and dance instead of relax and enjoy the massage. The massage itself was incredible. The beach was ideal for our children, they could kayak and snorkel while we sat at the edge of the water. During the day, the staff had Pool polo matches, then off to soccer games and then various activities at pool side. The water slide was impressive too and fun for all! Without hesitation I would go back to this resort and recommend to my family & friends.

Room Tip: If you are a family of 5, splurge for the family suite, because having the spa tub in the room takes...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AJO162126

Hi AJO162126,

Thank you for sharing this fantastic feedback of your recent stay at our hotel. There is nothing more encouraging than learning that you and your family enjoyed a wonderful time with us and that we were able to create an authentic experience that rocked your world.
How kind of you taking the time for mentioning the names of Maria, Alberto, Diana, Beatrice, Luis, Maria, José, Nery and Appolonia whose great job made your stay more pleasant.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the great suggestions you have made; we will keep it in mind to improve our services. We are very excited to know that you would come back without hesitation to keep enjoying the Rock Star treatment that you already know at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.
Sincerely

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Attended my niece's wedding, group of 57 people. Resort great restaurants with no reservations required. Pool servers very attentive to our large group at the pool everyday. Love the new room additions, smaller jet bathtub was wonderful. Had families on one side so the rehearsal dinner wand wedding and reception was on the family side, the resort did a fantastic job. Love the new zero entry beaches and bali beds....new nightclub was used nightly with the group

Room Tip: Be sure whatever airport transfer you buy pay the extra to have a non stop transfer it a 1hr ride fr...
1  Thank fivefergs

Hi five fergs,

I am glad to hear that your niece’s wedding at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya was a Hit! Nothing rocks our world more than receiving these fantastic comments that confirm that we surpassed all your expectations every day. Thank you for sharing it with us; we are quite sure that future brides and grooms will find your review very helpful to decide getting married at this paradisiacal place.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed at the Hard Rock in Punta Cana and were sold on the renovation of the Hard Rock Riviera Maya - we booked immediately and were waiting for this trip for a year. We just got back from our July Vacation (8 days). It was exactly what we expected. WONDERFUL hotel, great service, very friendly staff. Special call out to Sandra - she was amazing. She was always available for us at the POOL by the pool bar. I can't say enough. We were a group of 23 which is not easy to please. She pleased EVERYONE!! One day we wanted to have fried whole fish and she helped with executive chef at one of the restaurants and we were able to get a Beach Front seating for 23 and had wonderful fried whole snapper. This was the service throughout our stay.

The one complaint I have is regarding the whole setup. The hotel is divided into two sections. Adults only (Heaven) and Family (Hacienda). Both are fantastic. The problem I had was the Hacienda side had really only 3 sit down quality restaurants (Japanese, Mexican, Steak House) it offered a buffet and a pool side outdoor pizzeria. The Heaven side offered another 5 restaurants however since we were traveling with children if we wanted to experience the other restaurants we would have to go to the Heaven side and leave the children. This is not something we wanted to do so we only did this once. Spending 8 nights there there are only so many times you can eat Japanese, or Mexican at the Hacienda! This is the only problem we had. Amazingly the Heaven side was ALWAYS empty and the Hacienda was lively! I get the ADULT only theme but something has to give here. Either allow kids ONLY in certain restaurants in Heaven or between say 5 and 7pm or ADD more restaurants to Hacienda. Again, after 8 days the food was boring and the same due to the lack of variety on one side.

Again if you don't have KIDS then you won't have this issue as you have 10 restaurants to choose from!!!

Besides that the place is GREAT!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Nestor M,

We truly appreciate your time for writing such a great feedback of your recent stay at our resort. We strive to deliver authentic experiences that rock for every guest and your review confirms that we have succeeded; however I would like to offer you my humble apologies for any inconvenient you may have encountered during your visit. On the other hand thank you for highlighting the outstanding service from Sandra whose great job and customer service made your day every day by the pools. We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Visited Riviera Maya in early July.

The good: Property was nice and generally well maintained. Staff was attentive. Evening shows were definitely worthwhile. The Circus Show is really entertaining...make sure you don't miss it! The food was good in all of the restaurants on the Hacienda side. We never made it to the Heaven side for any dining. That said, we're not foodies so I wouldn't say we're very tough critics. The spa was great. We enjoyed a couples massage and our therapists were top notch.

The bad: We found the limitless resort credits to be less than limitless. A decent perq if used in the spa...we used the credits to book our couples massage and the 20% service charge resulted in us paying ~$80 out of pocket for an 80 minute massage that would have been about twice that much for comparable service back home. Beyond the spa the resort credits can be used for (a) off site tours that we otherwise wouldn't take advantage of given the fact that there are better options, (b) golf, which we elected not to do girl been the temperature, or (c) dinners on the beach which I don't feel would be worth what you would pay out of pocket for the 20% service fee. Although I would classify this as a minor annoyance, it is worth noting that the website advertises DVD players and XBOX 360s in the rooms we booked, that turned out not to be the case on both counts. That said, we wouldn't have gotten much use out of either and we didn't bother raising it with guest services.

The great: Our rooms...we booked a 2 bedroom Sky Terrace which includes two patios and a separate, extremely spacious terrace on the roof, complete with a separate hot tub. The 2 bedroom Sky Terrace is actually two separate adjoining rooms, one with 2 doubles, the other with a king. Each room has it's own separate full bath with shower. The room with double beds is the only room with a bathtub while the king room has access to the roof Terrace. We were in rooms 8337 and 8335 which I thought were great from a location standpoint...fairly centrally located, good view and close proximity to the elevator (a major plus after a couple of days climbing stairs to the 3rd floor). Also in "the great" category, our pool waiter, Marvin. He was incredibly attentive, extremely professional and great for offsite recommendations.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank sschultz007

Hi there sschultz007,

It is always with great enthusiasm that we receive these fantastic reviews from our esteemed guests who enjoyed the time of their lives at our hotel. Your review ignites our passion for service and we are glad to see that you loved the fantastic Sky Terrace, its amazing view, of course the excellent culinary experience and above all the unparallel service from guys like Marvin who took your experience to the Rock Star level.
I would like to take this opportunity also to offer you our humble apologies for any inconvenient you may have encountered during your stay. It is important to note that the 20% nominal fee is intended to offset our various partners and support the staff that has joined the Limitless Resort Credit promotion like, tours, photography and beauty salon services so we can ensure continued investment in the development and enforcement to keep this promotion as strong as it has been.
It has been a pleasure having you as our guests. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Cordially,

René Malacara Coss
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I love the riviera maya but the sea is not particularly easy for kids, forget about toddlers. Hard rock Riviera Maya has one of the best beaches for kids! I don't know if they built it or if it is natural but they have a protected shallow beach perfect for babies, toddlers, young kids and non swimmers. I enjoyed the sea with my five year old, my four year old niece, my two year and nine year old nephews, It was amazing, making memories for life. They didn't even go to the kids club! That is just how much time we spend in the sea. The whole rewards or points deal that they have, we didn't pay attention to it. I know that people have complained about it, but we used it to go to see the dolphins and were amazed and pretty happy with it! Food is just lovely and perfect for families with kids. The pools are just perfect to relax as the kids can go safely inside them, and while you are there with a margarita in your hand you might get a visit from an Iguana. Everything was just perfect! We usually don't repeat hotels just for the sake of knowing new places, but i think we will make and exception with this one. I must say the guys in the reception are so fun and nice, the waiters, almost everyone was excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms are just great!
1  Thank AlineD2010

Hi AlineD2010,

On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya I would like to thank you for sharing this incredible feedback with us. Your review confirms our commitment to create authentic experiences that rock for every guest. I cannot stress enough our satisfaction for knowing that you and your kids had the best time ever at our beach…Thank you! What a great way to take advantage of your resort credits by swimming with dolphins. All in all it sounds like a truly Rock Star getaway. We are very excited to hear that you will make an exception to your rule and will come back for another amazing stay with us.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The only complaint we have about our stay is the pressure to "join" the membership club, become a VIP. If you visit this resort, I advise you to absolutely NOT waste your time taking the 2 hour tour/presentation. They offered us incentives (free excursions, spa) for sitting through the presentation, then it was like pulling teeth to get them to keep their word. We felt tricked. Stay away from the Legendary team.

With that being said, the service around the resort was 5 star! You felt like the were all your friends by the end of your stay and we hated to leave them!

Zen restaurant was our very favorite!

And the couples massage is a MUST!

Our girls are 12 and 15 and we found it to be a very safe and exciting place for the. Lots to do poolside with newly made friends and then family time in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Melany S

Hello Melany S,

Thank you for letting me know and please accept my humble apologies for any inconvenient that it may have caused you. On the other hand I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed such a great time at our resort and that you received such a highly attentive service from all our staff that always treated you like the Rock Star you are. It’s been great having you with us. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Ri...
#1 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Barcelo Maya Palace
Barcelo Maya Palace
#6 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#32 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#20 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!