Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
Great 4.5/5
Serena Hotel & Spa(Puerto Aventuras)
  • Pool
Coral Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
Great 4.5/5
Catalonia Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Yucatan Beach(Puerto Aventuras)
Very Good 4/5
Paamul Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
11,004 results
All reviewssun barzen restaurantrock royaltyrock spavacation plannerssuper mariosky terracerock starheaven poolmonkey tourresort creditriviera mayale petit cochonheaven sectionfoam partypublic relationslos gallos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great place for a holiday,Food and staff superb and the drinks are pretty good 2.Ezequiel and his team in the Market are great and made us feel special.One of the best buffet breakfasts I have seen.Hope to return

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
1  Thank James L
René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for stopping by and leave your comment on Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. Your review confirms that we have achieved our goal for creating an authentic Rock Star Vacation for you and your family, thank you for mentioning the brilliant service from Ezequiel at The Market. Can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Recently stayed a week on the family side for a destination wedding. We had a great corner room with ocean view. Comfortably fit 3 kids, sshhhh, ages 1, 4, and 5. We reserved a cabana every day on the beach to give us some shade. Cesar took really good care of us serving drinks and food all day long. The water is nice and calm for the kids. We fed the fish bread to attract a ton of fish to the shore. You can snorkel right there and see almost as many fish as you would on a catamaran cruise. We would then go back to forth from the beach to the pool, water slide, swim up bar etc.
The food was always good to excellent. I especially liked the wedding buffet and outside concert buffet. Try the sausage! It wasn't crowded so we never had to wait to be seated. We enjoyed a great circus show and they had big parties for the World Cup games. The couples massage was unreal, I fell asleep. The gym was decent enough. One restaurant was being renovated on the family side but is probably open by now. My only complaint is I didn't get to try the great restaurants on the Heaven side because of the kids.
The staff are all very nice and attentive. Make sure to see Cesar on the beach!

2  Thank eatshare

Dear eatshare,

Thank you so much for telling us about your great stay at our hotel. It is always with great pleasure that we receive these wonderful reviews which confirm our commitment to deliver memorable Hard Rock experiences to every guest. Thanks so much for the staff shout outs. I will tell Cesar he rocked your stay! Thank you for making us part of your vacation. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I just came back from getting married here at the Hard Rock.

For my destination wedding the service was just ok. I won't go into details but there is more the resort and my wedding planner could of done.

Food: honestly-horrible. The romantic dinner on the beach was the best meal- but you have to use your credits for that (425). I was not impressed with the restaurants at all-only room service. Room service was great!!

Entertainment: what??? I saw none. First off the pools close at 7!! I had 60 people In my party and we like to swim. They literally kick you out of the pool!! The swim up bar same thing 7pm. I have been to many resorts where the pool stays open to at least 10pm. The entertainment host when he was at the pool did a horrible job getting guests involved.

The liquor is watered down along with the sodas. Many of my guests were scattered all around the resort even after I requested us all in the same building or next to one.

Club Heaven played horrible music. It was more like a Mexican club. All they played was Mexican techno--even after myself and many people requested diff music the dj said no I play music for my
People!!

Lack of communication is the top thing here!!! No one knew anything! I would ask vacation planner then they would send me to guest relations then to lobby front desk then to wedding planner!! No one knows what was going on when he had issues.

All in all what made this trip enjoyable was getting married on the beach and having my friends and family there which made me forget the negative things here.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Clewis71114
René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Clewis7114,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your input is highly important to us as it gives us valuable information to improve our services in order to achieve every guest's satisfaction. Please accept my humble apologies for any inconvenient you may have experienced during your stay. I am glad to see that our specialists are already taking care to follow up and address your concerns. Thanks again for letting me know, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We came here for our honeymoon in early July and we were treated like royalty. The staff is so attentive. We had a bellboy name Jose Dominguez who drove us from one property to the other and was so friendly and fun everyday!! I miss this place already!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vanessa S

Hi there Vanessa S!

It was our absolute pleasure making your honeymoon vacation a memorable experience. One the joys of our business is meeting such lovely guests as yourselves. Thank you for your preference, we look forward to welcome you back again at this your special place at Riviera Maya.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My family and I just returned from a 1 week vacation at the Hard Rock, Riviera Maya. While on vacation we did run into an unforeseen situation at the resort. Without going into too much detail, let me just state that the situation was one that could not realistically have been avoided, sometimes things just happen. Irrespective of the situation and more importantly, is the follow-up care and the attention the staff dedicates to making your stay an enjoyable one and of course of making things “right”. In this respect, the Public Relations staff at the Hard Rock Riviera Maya EXCELLED. Diana, Fernanda, and especially Assistant Manager Ivan Castro were terrific. I came away very impressed at the level of professionalism that these individuals exhibited, there are not enough accolades to demonstrate just how pleased I was with the Public Relations staff. Ivan, without a doubt, went the extra mile(s) to ensure that my family and I were pleased. The Hard Rock Riviera Maya did a fantastic job in vetting the aforementioned individuals, they will have repeat customers.

As for the resort itself, you’ll find it to be very well kept and clean, with plenty of amenities. The staff is friendly, courteous, and accommodating. I was also very impressed with the staffing levels everywhere in the resort. You will not ever have to wait on a drink or food order, there is staff everywhere. We enjoyed the shows at night, don’t miss the water and fire show. The resort restaurants are very good, excellent in fact. The only downside someone may have is the lack of a real beach, the resort has a manmade lagoon instead. I will say that I much more prefer the lagoon to a beach for safety reasons, due to my children’s ages. You will find activities to partake in at the lagoon, such as kayaking and snorkeling. You will also find an assortment of fish in the lagoon, which makes snorkeling more interesting.

Well, too bad my vacations are over, I had a very enjoyable time. Back to the grind (work).

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
2  Thank Daniel S
René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Hello Daniel S,

On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya would like to thank you for stopping by and post the terrific feedback of your stay at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. Your review ignites our passion for service and I am glad to see that you received the highest attention and hospitality from our PR team especially from Iván, Fernanda and Diana who definitely went out of their way to make of your stay a more enjoyable experience. it has been a pleasure having you with us; we hope to welcome you back soon and provide you with another amazing vacation at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.