“Excellent - Beautiful room, ocean view, friendly service”

Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Pennsylvania
“Excellent - Beautiful room, ocean view, friendly service”
Reviewed 8 February 2010

This was really a combination business/leisure stay and it appeared many of the hotel guests were on the same mission. My wife was here for a sales meeting and I flew down toward the end of the week to join her. I love the all-inclusive idea. No need to check the menu prices and a wide variety of restaurants. My only negative experience, and I'm sure other guests would have rated this a positive, was getting on to the property. Security at the front gate is pretty tight. If they are not expecting you, be prepared to talk fast. I thought I coould just drive up, explain that I was meeting my wife who was already a guest and go in. Uh-uh. Whatever I said must have been hotel code for potential terrorist. It took about an hour and a half of questioning before I was finally able to check in and join my wife.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank aroydecaro
Mara J, Customer Service at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 28 February 2017
Dear member, thank you for taking the time to shared us your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,254)
Madison, WI
Reviewed 11 January 2010

We went to Mexico over Christmas. My husband and two sons (ages 20 and 17) along with my sister, her husband and three sons (ages 16, 13, and 7) planned this getaway vacation to avoid a "traditional" Christmas. My mother passed away in June, and my father died last year in May. We needed to get away, but were looking not to spend an arm and a leg. My travel agent recommended Mexico, and the Adventura Cove Palace. I was a bit anxious as there weren't many reviews, I didn't think their website was very good, and some of the reviews were downright awful.

Much to my relief, the Cove Palace was just what we were looking for. Because my kids were older, and my sister had three kids, we both decided on the "family deluxe" accomodations. Basically this was adjoining rooms; one with a king bed and the other with two double beds. It was terrific. We all had our own space. The rooms all had jacuzzi's. The kids used them. The beds were wonderfully comfortable. The shower was very roomy. Everything was very clean and the entire resort was well kept up.
We were greeted with a cool towel (after 12 hours of traveling, this was appreciated); a cold drink and flowers for the ladies. We always felt welcome, appreciated and well taken care of.

The pool area was large and beautiful. Some reviews were really mad there wasn't really a true beach at the resort. Maybe because I knew what to expect, this never really bothered any of us. The lagoon area had these terrific cushion reclining chairs. The kids all liked snorkeling and swimming in the lagoon. It has a rock wall that the ocean waves crash in to so the lagoon is calm, but you still know your on the ocean. But, if smooth white sand and walking directly into waves is a deal breaker for you, then this is not the resort for you.

The service was stellar. I quickly got used to being waited on hand and foot. The food was generally quite good. There was a buffet for breakfast and lunch, and then "menu" restaurants for dinner. At the buffets, you could order your own "fresh" order. For example, omelettes, pancakes, etc... were cooked to order if you wanted. We really enjoyed the steak restaurant and the mexican restaurant. One night we went over to the "spa" side of the hotel. (The hotel is split into a family side and an adult "spa" side). We went to the seafood restaurant. The service was not great ( our waiter was being trained!), but the food was fine. My youngest son is really picky, so he ate a lot of room service cheeseburgers!

We took a couple side trips. This was the most confusing part of the trip. We booked a Delta vacation and we had the "Palace Passport" promotion of included trips. We got there on Wednesday night and were ready to book trips on Thursday morning. Unfortunately one of the trips was already full and the other days it was available, we were not able to do it. The included trips were booked at a certain desk. The delta vacation representative was located upstairs in the hotel and was ready to book other trips. Then there was a different desk in the lobby to book other trips. All of them seemed competitive with one another and all of them fed us misinformation about the trips to try to get us to book with them. We did ziplining, ATV's, and Isla Majeras and then went to Tulum on our own. The Isla Majeras was a long day. We were told it would take 2 hours to get there, it was much closer to 3 hours one way.

We stayed for 6 nights. It was wonderful. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
6 Thank plehn03
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Ri...
#1 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,212 reviews
Barcelo Maya Palace
Barcelo Maya Palace
#6 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,991 reviews
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#33 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,762 reviews
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#4 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,992 reviews
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#23 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 8,152 reviews
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
5.0 of 5 bubbles 5,722 reviews

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!