I attended a wedding at this hotel and stayed on property for 4 days. The rooms are nice and clean however they are small and the large tub is a bit strange seeing as it is pretty close to the foot of the bed. As my fiance stated, with the tile floor and tub in the room, it was like "sleeping in a bathroom."
Unfortunately we had to move rooms b/c we had tiny ants all over our first room. We were in a concierge level room and other than having a king size bed, I don't know what other "upgrades" we rec'd being in that level. Everything seemed pretty much the same as compared to the regular rooms.
The biggest issue I had with this place was that we were given all of these hotel credits and we couldn't use them on anything we wanted...like advertised.
They limit you to using about 20% of the credits at the spa. We recevied 750 credits in total and were able to use 150 at the spa. They advertise being able to use them for excursions (i.e. zip lines, swimming in caves, etc) however once you try to book these, you realize that the excursions are all over an hour away at their sister hotel, Moon Palace. Plus, there are very limited times that you can participate in these activities. if you are going to book any of these excursions, I would book them as soon as you arrive at the hotel and check in or you won't get into any of them. Because we had such limited time at the resort, we were not able to take an entire day to do 1 excursion (there are plenty of cool places to do activities within 15 minutes of the resort- you just have to pay for them). The 1 excursion that is close to the hotel is the swimming with dolphins. However when I tried to book this one...it was full!!!
They also tell you that they can be used for wine upgrades at the restaurant. This became a big joke. I tried to order a bottle of Moet Champagne at dinner one night and after a half hour of not getting it, I spoke with the waiter (again) and he told me that they "were all out b/c it was being used for the lobster dinner." So no champagne (@ $165/bottle/credits.
After not getting the wine, I called the concierge to book the lobster dinner (@ $350/per couple) and guess what...they had not room for us during our stay! Shocker.
So we had 600 resort credits to use and couldn't use them on any of the things they tell you to use them for - no wine, no lobster dinner, no excursions.
Our last resort for the resort credits (no pun intended)? Pictures...lots of pictures. Oh yes- we got pictures with an iguana by the poolside for $45, and then for the bargain price of $425, we did a full on photo shoot around the resort our last morning. The pictures were totally cheesy and out of about 100 of them, we got about 10 that were decent. It was fun in the end but not exactly how I thought we would use all of our resort credits. Just be aware of the lure of booking this place because of the resort credits.
The food was ok. I am a vegetarian so I appreciated the amount of vegetables they offered however all of them were either covered in in butter, oil or cheese. Definitely do not plan to eat healthy while here. Even the "roasted vegetables" were really greasy.
Overall for the price we paid to stay here, I would have been happier at a non- all inclusive resort with an option for better food. The service at the resort was top notch and the staff was always very nice. You are offered 24 hour room service and the food was horrible. The servings were tiny, most of the time the order took a long time (approx. 45 minutes) and after 10 pm, you could only or a handful of items.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is the 1,264-room Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. And this is where luxury meets satisfaction on a stage of stunning tropical views, a private white sand beach, and exclusive saltwater snorkeling areas. It's all capped off with an inviting traditional design, legendary Hard Rock hospitality, and undeniable excess at every turn. Live large at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and enjoy the very best of paradise for all. Or, pack your appetite for opulence and hit Heaven - an elevated and exclusive retreat for adult guests only featuring a private adult beach, superlative amenities, and dining at its finest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Cove Palace Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Aventuras