“This is a small beach hotel with a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere.”

Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Westlake, Ohio
“This is a small beach hotel with a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

From check-in to check-out, the hotel staff was friendly, helpful, and went out of there way to make you feel at home. The beach and pools were wonderful. The rooms were
very clean and in the evening your bed was turned down. The hotel is in a gated and safe community called Puerto Adventuras with a number of resturants, two marinas,
dolphin park, and nine hole golf course. The resort is approximatly a one hour drive South of Cancun.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Mosterton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

Our first visit to Mexico - gosh 11 hours from the UK. Arrived at the hotel to a warm welcome and cold drink. Our room was beautiful - spacious, huge comfy bed and so clean. We did struggle with the band opposite on the first night but only because we were jet-lagged and in any case they have to stop at 10 (though occasionally over-run a little till 10.30). We swapped rooms the next day simply because we thought we were going to get a sea/garden view room. It was no problem. We were offered help and in no time we were in another equally gorgeous room with a patio,hammock, jacussi and direct access to the pool/beach. The beach - wow! It was a joy to walk along the beach early in the morning and then go to eat breakfast on the restaurant veranda. The water was warm and turquoise - yes a bit rocky in places but enough soft powdery tropical sand for me. I even went snorkelling (I'm not known for my bravery in water) We enjoyed all the food at the restaurant and beach snack bar and the staff were excellent and friendly. If I had to be critical I would say the portion sizes were too big for us and we often shared a starter and a main course. I think there must be a lot of waste food thrown away. I can't get my head round having it boxed up for later when you are in a hotel but all the other guests (USA/Canada) seem to do it all the time. The first day sitting on my lounger on the beach a young man arrived with iced fruit juice drinks - i could have been on another planet a world away from cold february in the UK and as for eating lunch while sitting in an enormous jacussi beach bar well - is this how the other half live - if so i like it!! We were half board and at the end of the first week we were keen to try some of the local restaurants so we swapped our dinner for lunch in the hotel and then went out for dinner. We particularly enjoyed Massimo and Cafe Ole. Every evening we would stroll round the marina watching the dolphins and then end up in Cafe Ole to listen to the live music which was always fantastic. After only a few days we were always greeted when we walked by. Everyone we met during our holiday was very friendly. If you walk to the main road there are vans with blue or red stripes which will take you to Playa Carmen Tulum or Akumel for about a £1 each way. Much cheaper than booking a tour. Akumel beach definitely worth a visit. Playa Carmen not really our cup of tea but maybe thats an age thing! We only found CafeCafe on the last day but the coffee was the best we had and they have internet access there. We really enjoyed the wildlife. We saw beautiful birds, land crabs, iguanas and my husband saw a turtle and a stingray. As a reply to some of the other reviews: the dolphins centre is approved and the dolphins looked happy and healthy and breed which is usually a good sign. While we were some dolphins arrived one night which had been rescued from somewhere. I haven't had many margaritas previously so maybe I don't know any better but ours at the hotel were always good. They use polystyrene cups around the pool/ beach areas for safety reasons. We had no problems with using our jacussi. The keylime pie made by Gaylita and fajitas at Cafe Ole - best we had. Each room has a hatch for room service delivery to respect your privacy- what a great idea for honeymooners! Also must mention the maintenance and cleanliness of this hotel is outstanding.
I can definitely recommend this hotel and I will be back!!

2 Thank mandlp
Brooklyn Center
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

We first visited this area in 2003 staying at an all inclusive up the coast towards Cancun. At the time we found Playa del Carmen to be a nice quiet Mexican town with just five or six blocks of tourist shops and a few nice restaurants. Imagine our amazement (or disapointment) this time when we found the Playa as it is today; block after block of tourist shops street hawkers and restauranteurs ready to yank you into their eating establishments telling you "if you don't like it you don't pay." After a few hours of dealing with that it was a peaceful retreat to the Omni Aventuras hotel. It was a picture perfect place for us with a beautiful white sand beach. It was very quiet, good food with a friendly staff. We had room #310 which did not have an ocean view , but was still very nice. Whirlpool out on the balcony, nice warm breeze....... Live crooner that played across the street from around 8pm until 10 or 11PM was a plus. One more thing to add is that the staff works very hard to keep the place clean. We definitely recomend that you stay at the Omni.

2 Thank Ella763
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

The Omni proved to be an awesome hotel as far as location went. It is close to most of the Adventures, such as Xcaret, Xplore, Playa del Carmen. And how great to have such a short walk to the beach where some of the most amazing snorkeling happens. Free breakfasts were great anf the hotel was very clean. The bar staff were very attentive, but a bit slow on getting us the bills. One thing is, bring lots of money or prepare for a huge bar tab if you order drinks at the Omni. A rye and coke was 130 pesos and other drinks were 80 pesos. A lot more than I am used to paying. A coke alone was 45 pesos. The nachos from the pool bar were very tasty and were great value at 120 pesos. (3 could share the platter easily)
The room was very nice with a shower that had a sliding door to the outside. We were in room 103 and the privacy was very nice. It was treed around the balcony but between the foliage you could see the ocean. The jacuzzi was an issue. We would have loved to use it in the evenings but the ants were busy building something inside the walls of the jacuzzi. When we filled it the ants came out of the jets. (A lot of them) We did this twice thinking we could flush them out, but their numbers were too great. It was a disappointment.
Would I recommend this hotel. Absolutely. I have been to this area 8 times and this is the first time I never stayed all-inclusive. The OMNI made it a good experience.

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank 50&lvgit
sjbk, Director of Sales at Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 February 2011
Dear Omni Puerto Aventuras Guests,
Thank you very mucho for your kind feedback, regarding your experience at our resort.
Our chief Engineer has checked into the jacuzzi in your room to make sure that this problem will not occur in the future.
We are truly fortunate to have wonderful Associates and of course a beautiful area to work and provide warm, genuine hospitality, away from the mega resorts in other areas.
It will be an honor to welcome you back home to "su casa", one day soon.
Warmest regards,
Scott Balesteri
Director of Sales & Marketing
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort
Taylor, bc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

If you want a place to go relax and enjoy the sounds of the waves crashing in the sea...this is the place. Not a party hotel at all, and all quiets down in the neighbourhood around 11pm, which is nice. You can still hang-out at the local pubs after that if you wish. I recommend ``Mangos``. Tracey is very friendly and welcoming, teamed up with Jorge and it`s just plain awesome. Omni is very accomodating and just and all around great hotel, with excellent snorkeling at the beach. Dani at the pool bar was great. I travelled here with my mother and brother, a great family place. Thanks Omni for a great Mexican experience, my first ever.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2011

My husband and I were set on having a destination wedding, and the Omni turned out to be everything we wanted and then some. I honestly cannot begin to say enough about this place...from the staff, to the food, to the rooms. And the wedding! Uhhh-mazing.
We stayed in room 307 and had an amazing view. Laying in the hammock and looking out at the ocean was one of the best parts of my day there. The pictures on their website are very accurate, but it's even better in person. Everyone we came across on a daily basis was very friendly, but we have to especially mention Sol and Nathael. Sol is one of the hotel managers, and she is fabulous. She makes things happen and you can be confident that if you have asked her for something, she is going to take care of it. She really cares and wants you to have the absolute best experience during your stay. Nathael was one of our waiters/bartenders at the wedding, and we just fell in love with him. I feel like I'm sounding a bit ridiculous, but these people really are that great! After the wedding ceremony, we all dined on surf & turf and shrimp diabla....it was incredible. And you must have the mixed greens with goat cheese. It was possibly the best salad I've ever had. Simple, but so delicious.
I read another review from someone who chose to go through the hotel directly for the wedding planning. It may have reduced the cost, but I believe the wedding package INCLUDING the wedding planner was totally worth it. Sharon kept in touch with me throughout the whole process, and she had fantastic suggestions...a lot of which ended up saving us money. She was extremely organized and fun to work with. She even met us at the airport the day we left to deliver our pictures to us!
Which brings me to the photographer. Incredible! Pamela Starr La Lande is her name, and we are totally obsessed with the pictures she took. My friends have even said they look like they're right out of a magazine.
We chose Sabina Tamm as our celebrant...also perfect. She was a lovely woman - one of those people that just makes you feel good. And the ceremony she performed was beautiful. I would suggest her if you're looking for a more relaxed, spiritual (and not necessarily super-religious) ceremony. We also paid extra for a live musician. We chose Javier Rojas, a classical guitarist. You just pick whatever songs you want for your ceremony, and he scores them. He is an amazing talent, and the guitar mixed with the sounds of the crashing waves...don't even get me started. Gorgeous.
The town of Puerto Aventuras is great, too. We really enjoyed just walking around and enjoying the area. I would recommend any of the restaurants...we tried almost all of them, and they were all delicious. The creperie right near the hotel is a nice lunch spot.
I'm going to stop rambling, because I could go on and on. We had a fantastic time, enjoyed fantastic service, had the wedding of our dreams, and we can't wait to go back!
Muchas gracias to the Omni!

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank MELinNC276
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

Our room looked over the ocean and we had a jacuzzi on our balcony! Need I say more?! We had a great time at the Omni. The service was great, we had our breakfast delivered at the room, and the shower was also amazing!

We had a great time. I wish we would've stayed longer...

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple