“Bad Experience 2014”
Review of Dive Aventuras

Dive Aventuras
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Aventuras, a PADI 5-Star Gold Palm Resort, is located in the Omni Beach Resort in the Puerto Aventuras Marina, minutes south of Playa del Carmen and north of Tulum. You will also find our professional staff in the Aventura Spa Palace along Mexico's Riviera Maya. Our dive services include hotel transfers from most accommodations in the area. We invite you to experience the lush Caribbean reefs and amazing cavern and cave diving of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. Our location is perfect for the diver and non-diver alike with white sand beaches at your doorstep, Mayan ruins, and Eco-tours just minutes away. We offer excellent dive travel deals and packages assuring you a Caribbean vacation filled with world-class scuba diving, quality lodging, and fun for the entire family.
Denver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bad Experience 2014”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Husband and father decided to go for a dive while staying in Puerto Aventuras May 2014. Dive was cut short because there was a person in the group that was having trouble, so the surfaced, but rather than taking the rest back down (they had at least 30 more minutes of air and we're not diving very deep), the dive was over. It was a waste of money for them to get such a short dive. On top of that, the marine life was mediocre at best, my husband described it as "a desert." When my dad complained, they promised that if they paid for and went on a second dive, it would be better. They didn't offer to comp any part of the dive or give a discount on the second dive. Very disappointed with the experience. Would not recommend.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Stormagedeon
Mike3520, Owner at Dive Aventuras, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Your husband and father's experience is important to us and as you can see from the majority of our reviews on Trip Advisor, we normally meet our goals. We apologize for the bad experience. We did follow up with their guide and he explained that although it was a shallow dive, the dive time was 45 mins and the other divers did run low on air by then so he felt it was best to end the dive. We pride ourselves on safety so it's possible it appeared as overly conservative.

If they are in the area again, please have them come by and ask to speak with me, Mike, and we will get them back out on a dive that hopefully will be a better match for their expectations.

Loch Arbour, NJ
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Thanks Nils and team from Dive Aventuras”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Thank you to Alex and Carlos for great teamwork in getting my 12 year old son certified via his open water dives.

I dove the cenotes last year with Mario, and had a fantastic set of dives. That experience and the personal touch that Nils provides in running the group made me realize then, that I would bring my son back this year for them to do the open water cert dives.

Alex and Carlos' attention to detail, making sure my son was safe, calm and able to do everything on the checkout list... provided for 4 fantastic dives and being able to enjoy all of the sea-life, while still going through all the drills.

Even though the hotel we stay at has an arrangement with another dive center, I will continue to do my diving with Dive Aventuras and look forward to going back in December (with my new little dive buddy) to pick up from where we left off on this trip.

Guys (including Mike), thanks again for great dives and your great service. Hope to see you in a few months.

Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Ecotourism adventure”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I logged my 13th and 14th PADI dives with Dive Aventuras last week. It was my first time diving in that area, I only ever scuba dived in Viet Nam before. Although my experience was very different from the ones I had before, it still had all of the good things I look for.

Dive Aventuras organized transportation for me, and it was on time and friendly service. When I arrived at the dive shop I was met by a number of helpful staff and friendly divers. My dive instructor Carlos was awesome and helped me with all of my rental equipment and with decompressing during my dive.

The major highlights of my trip included:
-entering the water via a backwards somersault off the boat
-observing the diving guides eliminate invasive lion fish from the coral reef
-seeing a coral rehabilitation site
-watching a sting ray swim in the distance
-finding a king crab walking around the reef
-water provided on the boat before and after both dives
-short travel distance from marina to dive site

Visited March 2014
NYC-- Brooklyn
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“3rd Time and Still a Charm!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Third diving adventures with Dive Aventuras. 14 recreational dives over President's Week PLUS the training in EFR and Rescue Diver. Class act all the way: from condo rental, to dive training, to quality of Dive Masters, and much more. Thanks to Carlos, Cesar, Alex, Froy, Homero, Nils (especially), Andreas and whoever I may have accidentally skipped. EXCELLENT.

Visited February 2014
Mighigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diving with Dive Aventuras”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Dove with Dive Aventuras for 5 days did a total of 8 tanks. Had a awesome time. The dive operation is well organized and very competitively priced. Mike was great and had no issue with me chaning my dives depending on weather. Their shuttle picks you up from the hotel and takes you to the dive shop. I dived Ocean and Cenotes groups were small, dive masters excellent. They come back between each dive, and they have bathrooms, showers and lockers. Overall a great experience.

Visited January 2014