“Latitude 20 @ Puerto Aventuras Jan 2014”
Review of Latitude 20

Latitude 20
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Authentic Caribbean Grilled Seafood, Meats, Fruits and Vegetables. Tropical Bar with local cocktails, beer, wine and fresh juices. We serve the absolute Freshest Fish from the local Fishing Fleet. We specialize in Big Tacos, BBQ Ribs, Mayan Grilled Chicken and Fresh Fruit Juices. We offer free Wi-Fi, Happy Hour and good honest advise about what to do and what to see here on the Mayan Riviera.Dine In, Take Out and Home Delivery available at our Restaurant Latitude 20, on the Fishing Pier in Puerto Aventuras.
Reviewed 20 January 2014

As we stay in the area often we always make a point to visit Peter and Isabella at this restaurant. Never disappointed with the food. Tonight we had the fish tacos and the chicken tacos. Again, we were not let down. They were great tasting as usual. The server, Frank, was very attentive as well as all the staff. Had a little chat with both Isabella and Danny. All very nice folks. Will be visiting again during our stay over the next month. A must when in the area. Depending on what you select from the menu, prices are $ or $$....and reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Latitude 20

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Sunday evening at Latitude 20 was terrific. Our first evening there this season. A great homecoming to Puerto Aventuras: from Peter and Isabel's warm greeting, to our server Shasta's attentiveness, to a specatular and reasonably priced Caribbean lobster and tasty guacamole, accompanied by Jerry Fastof's swinging jazz trio.
Just read a mean-spirited review by a "almost" New Yorker (a Brooklynite) who was there the same night. He claims to be a world traveler who knows food better than those of us who love Latitude. I'm a Manhattanite and I've never subjected myself like "Brooklyn guy" has to all-inclusive food, or cruise-ship food. I risk traveling this wide-wonderful-world - Europe - Asia - the Americas - on my own, accompanied only by my husband and my tastebuds.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Went to latitude for our last night in PA. We have been staying at Catalonia riviera maya and were looking for some respite from mediocre all inclusive meal. Based on the reviews here; figured we would treat ourselves to a great meal at the best place in town.

We arrived early before the live music started. Found the waitstaff to be a little aloof and have a bit of attitude as well. Eating with three kids took about ten mins to order with the place virtually empty.

We ordered the following:

Full jerk chicken-
I made sure to ask of the jerk was house made or a sauce. It smell great as we walked into the Restuarant so we were excited. When it came it wasn't seasoned with any salt and the jerk was a total joke. It hadn't been marinated long and was basically tasteless and included a baked potato with nothing on it at all! Lol not even salt. I've eaten jerk hundreds of times all throught the carribean and cities all through the US where carribeans and West Indian have relocated. If you know what good jerk is you will think this is terrible. If you're an American who thinks jerk comes in a bottle, then you like all the other reviewers here will say it is great.

Next up was a latitude pizza-
Sounded great and the sauce actually had decent flavor. After much debate on what the crust actually was, we decided it was actually pita bread as the pizza crust. Another win for latitude!

Fish taco-
This was actually grilled salmon which is very strange and not local. I was expecting a local white flesh fish like grouper and included a huge amount of rice. If you know a good fish taco you know it should be made with something crunchy like cabbage and a fried fish and some kind of aioli and then the usual toppings. Another miss. Edible, yes. Good? No.

The Restuarant itself is quite cute sans the hideous plastic white patio chairs you would see at a cheap motel. The location is great as well looking out over the marina. Live music between 7-9 is a nice touch.

I think this place has great reviews because the people who eat here are clueless about what good food is. American and Canadian retirees (sorry) who haven't lived in a large city, travel on cruise ships and haven't been exposed to good food, or families from the Middle America who think jerk chicken from Applebee's or tgi Fridays is good.

Adding insult to injury, this place is cash only as well

3  Thank brooklyn_2008
RestaurantLatitude20, Owner at Latitude 20, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

I usually answer reviews in a very humorous and friendly way, but this isn´t funny or friendly.
Your caracterization of our excellent restaurant is an insult to me and my very hard working staff; and a huge insult to the hundreds of people who have given us excellent and very good reviews, and the thousands of people from all over the world who have been coming back over and over for more tan 20 years.
Either you came here with an agenda or you are just mean spirited and insane, and I don´t think you have an agenda.
You entered Latitude 20° with an attitude, and were very rude to my staff, a very bad example for your children.
I am from Jamaica, our Jerk Chicken récipe is my family récipe, which we make fresh with ginger, molasses, allspice, lime juice and more, the only difference is that we use inly one habanero pepper instead of ten; real Jamaican Jerk Chicken is not edible for a normal person, it is TOO hot, we make it for human consumption and humans for all over the world praise it. Are you human?
We are a restaurant that is concerned about the health of our customers and do not fry anything. We cook over a Wood burning grill and we do not add extra salt to our food. To many people, salt is dangerous for their health. We put salt shakers on the table for that purpose.
If you are used to salty potatoes, you must be eating at macdonalds . What´s the matter with you? Don´t you love your children?
So apparently there were two jerks at your table, the chicken and you. Anyway if you are ever in Puerto Aventuras again, please stop in and have another excellent lunch.

One love-owner
Peter Metrcik

Reviewed 18 January 2014

This place is real cool. You can watch dolphins do tricks while enjoying your food and drinks. This food was good and the staff was really nice.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Went last week, just follow the smell of garlic right to the restaurant. Great food reasonable price. Peter and his wife are hands on and make sure everything is great. Add in Music and Mix with happy hour before 6:00pm and you have a great combination for a fun and tasty dinner. The Menu is simple Mexican dishes done right. With Jerk chicken thrown in for a little twist.

1  Thank Mexic0Travelers