First - ORDER THE MAYAN COFFEE after dinner!!!
Now that I got that out of the way...
We went there for a business conference, but stayed a few days longer to take a few days to relax. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the staff is amazing. They go out of their way to be helpful. The food is plentiful, but not overly exciting. We either had room service or a buffet for breakfast. Lunch was typically at one of the buffets, and dinner was a la carte. The dinners were much better than the buffets, but still nothing to write home about. Because of the other amenities and service at the resort, I can easily overlook this (besides, the drinks keep flowing).
My only true complaint were two of the tours we went on. One to Chichen-Itza and the other to Tulum. Both are fascinating Mayan archaeological sites to visit. Unfortunately, because the tour operators have to take you to the crappy overpriced gift shops owned by their relatives, there is very little time to explore the sites on your own. They give an hour of the guided tour, then we had less than an hour on our own. If I didn't use resort credits to pay for these tours, I would have been screaming for a refund. I recommend renting a car (there is an Avis rep onsite at Aventura) and going there on your own. They are both very easy to get to, with clearly marked highway signs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico