Just returned from Aventura Spa Resort and I already miss it! My husband and I went with another couple for 5 days. For my husband and I, this was our first all-inclusive that was Spa-specific, so we weren't quite sure what to expect..as you can see from the other reviews, it's hard to find something negative to say about this resort...so I'll just do a quick rundown of things you ought to know:
1.) Schedule spa treatments right away...very easy to do, but they do fill up quickly.
2.) If you are using the Resort Credit, they can be used for Spa services (highly recommend) Lobster Dinner (I'd skip it--nothing special) and any leftover credits can be used for Tequila gift packs to take home.
3.) Each room comes with a two-seater jet whirlpool...use it! :)
4.) If you schedule a spa service, arrive an hour early and enjoy the hydrotherapy sessions that they offer. Try the jasmine water-delish!
5.) El Greco, the Mexican restaurant, was our favorite restaurant.
6.)Take a quick 10 minute cab ride to Akumel Beach...you can snorkel (on your own, or with a guide) right off the beach. No charge (unless you need to rent fins, snorkel etc). You don't have to swim too far until you see stingrays and a lot of sea turtles. Even though it's not a resort, we felt safe leaving our belongings on the beach while in the water. Seemed to have a fair amount of security patrolling the area. Bring a towel to relax afterwards and few extra dollars to eat some empenadas and a have a beer on the beach. Very cute, quaint little beach. Easy to catch a cab back.
7.) We read many reviews about getting roped into "presentations" but we made it clear when asked that we did not want one, and they left us alone. Did not feel hassled at all.
8.) Try the guacamole...and lots of it! Some of the best flavor & freshest you'll ever taste!
9.) Walk the entire resort...it's worth it! Check out the Zen Garden, the Sweat Lodge and the Cove area (the side of the resort that allows children). Walk past the rocks and keep an eye out for lizards...everywhere. Do the monkey tour as well.
10.) It rained on some afternoons...go to the gazebo bar, have a drink and watch the clouds roll in. :)
11.) Forgot/run out of suntan lotion? They have extra (free) near the towel shack. Nice touch.
12.) Excellent service...everyone seemed so very nice and genuinely happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., TravelUp, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico