“Best Honeymoon Ever!”

Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My new husband and I stayed her a week. We found Salvador at Palace Premier Guest Services to be extremely helpful. He helped us navigate our week when we first arrived and booked us special dinners, surprises in our room--all in honor of our special trip. He even sorted out a small misunderstanding with our resort credits. We spent multiple days in the beautiful spa and by many of the pool areas. We also took two tours- Mayan Ruins in Tulum and Isla Mujeres tour in Cancun. Both were gorgeous and such a neat experience.
We also found David the golf car driver to be remarkably helpful and willing to get us from place to place on the few rainy days we encountered.
Overall we would give this place a 10! Very romantic and special.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quieter location, choose the farthest rooms on the property. Only disadvant...
3  Thank Kristin H
Customer Servic... A, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

We are delighted to know that you had an amazing honeymoon; thank you for choosing Aventura Palace for this occasion.
It is great to know that Salvador and David were helpful in making your stay perfect.
We are very glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities and the tours along the Mayan Riviera.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Reviewed 5 June 2012

This was the best spot for our honeymoon. You get so much special treatment and they have the sister resort next door with other dining places and pools. There was so much to do as in beach's and touring the area. The thing I like best is it was all inclusive and the spa palace didn't have children (not that I mind them because we have a son), but it was our honeymoon and that should say it all. Service was great, and I cant wait to go again. It was beautiful. Oh yea, if you go to any surrounding cities like Cancun palace resorts, Playa Del Carmen, or Cozumel to any of there resorts, its still all inclusive.

Room Tip: Our room was on the water at ground level and you could walk out the sliding glass doors from your o...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Customer Servic... A, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Thank you for choosing Aventura Palace for your honeymoon, we are glad to know that our resort was up to your expectations and that the special treatment provided by our collaborators helped making this an unforgettable experience.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 June 2012

We had a very stressful wedding and arrived here late the following evening. Within hours, we were relaxed, happy, and enjoying ourselves imensely thanks to their well appointed rooms, exceptional service, and last but not least tasty and always available room service. :)

My favorite things:
-Really nice in room Jacuzzi and really the whole room was great
-Great mini bar and room service
-Resort credit based on stay length $1500 meant we got to be totally self indulgent: spa and salon trips (ONLY at two palace resorts can you use the full credit at the spa if desired, most have a very low cap), excursions, upgraded wine menus, jewelry credit at onsite shops
-Super peaceful and great service
- Something exceptionally good at each restaurant, and no reservations were necessary.

Complaints:
-My husband said he couldn't sleep the first couple days he wanted because they kept bringing by items or calling to make sure anything we'd ordered had arrived. When he told me, I just unplugged the phone and hung a do not disturb sign-- then there were no more problems. ;)
-The drive from Cancun was an hour and a half, although it was cheap and easy to get there and back with Best Day Travel. We were, however, closer to major sites like Xcaret, away from the noise of Cancun and the related jets, and there is a nearby (20-30mins) ferry that goes to Cozumel where there are great snorkeling possibilities and whatnot.
- They did not have a white sand beach. They did have lagoons with fish and whatnot that were better for snorkeling and kayaking- which were complimentary, and they had shuttles twice a day that took you to a sister resort nearby where you still got all inclusive privileges, but they had a better beach and more watersports.
- Most restaurants not open for lunch.
- The hallways are pretty, but the material makes housekeeping carts fairly loud if you're a light sleeper. Was not a problem for me, but my husband wished he had a sound damper.

Bottom line:
I really liked this place, in soo many ways listed, and unlisted, and if you're interested in how close and cheap Mexico is, I would say this should be very high in your consideration if you are traveling as a couple or with a girlfriend. The spa is really very nice, and the credit is a fantastic compromise in between a super all inclusive stay for guests without overcrowding services offered or booking. After all the wedding drama, it was exactly what we needed!

Room Tip: Upgrade to concierge with your credit. The extra amenities are very worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gdarr
Customer Servic... A, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

We are very happy to know you enjoyed a great honeymoon and we thank you for choosing our hotel for this special occasion.
It is great to hear that after a stressful wedding you were able to fully relax and enjoy yourselves at our Aventura Spa.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I am not sure where all the poor reviews are coming from (they seem to mostly be palace members). They are undeserved and over exaggerated.

The resort itself is amazing...clean, beautifully manicured and well cared for. The pools are clean and inviting, the cove is wonderful to snorkel in and there are so many places to find a quiet moment to enjoy a great book by the water.

The food at the restaurants is above par. I have been to 4 all inclusives now, and this rates highly with the Royal in Cancun. The japanese restaurant has yummy sushi and spring rolls. The Fried ice cream is a must try! Mmmmm and have a Mayan Coffee. Not only is the display fantastic, but the drink itself is yummy. The steakhouse on the Cove side has the best empanadas I have ever eaten! And ask for Alfonzo to be your waiter - he not only remembered our drink orders from the first time we ate in there, but also remembered what we enjoyed most about our dinner. Awesome service by Alfonzo!

I recommend getting involved at the pool and playing pool volleyball. My husband and his friends played both sessions each day and whooped up on everyone. It was fun to watch!! All of the pool staff are fantastic. And Martin at the pool bar goes above and beyond to make the pool drinks perfect. Tip him well, he deserves it!!

Everyone enjoyed using their credits at the spa. Our group got almost everything on the menu, including a haircut by Angel. The seaweed wrap was awesome as well as the scrub and hydrotherapy soak. There were massages all around along with facials, eye brow waxes, and many other services tried by our group. Everyone came away with great compliments.

Overall I am so pleased with our week at the resort. We went with a group of 5 couples with ages ranging from 25-43. And we all enjoyed ourselves!

The Tulum adventure with ziplining, rapeling, cenote swimming and viewing the ruins was also great! Other in our group enjoyed the dolphin swim also.

Room Tip: Use your credits to upgrade to the concierge level. The extra bonuses are nice.
1  Thank mhowse
Customer Servic... A, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

We are thrilled to know that you and your friends had a wonderful experience at our resort.
Thank you for sharing your review and acknowledge us about the outstanding service that Alfonso, Martin and Angel provided. We love hearing that our staff was great and that you enjoyed our restaurants, amenities and tours.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your friends back to provide you with another unforgettable stay.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

This was my 4th time vacationing at the Palace Resorts. The 3rd time at Aventura. My trip was booked from May 4, 2012 to May 11, 2012. On May 10th at 10:00 p.m., I discovered that the safe in my room had been broken into and all the contents was gone. This included all my identification, money, credit cards, jewerly and most important my PASSPORT. I notified security, who showed up with Public Relations Supervisor Carlos Sanchez. They proceeded to search my room. When nothing was found they stated "It's Mexico" When I questioned them if this had ever happened before. They stated " Never" and seamed shocked! I was adivised to make a Police Report the next morning, which I did. Clearly this was an inside job!!! My posessions was in their Resort, in their Room,in their Safe with the code I created. ALL GONE! The safe was opened electronically. They can and did bybass any codes you program into the safe. There was no forced entry into the room or the safe. These items were not forgotten or lost they were stolen out of the safe! The Palace Resort did not take responsiblity for the incident nor did the assist me in anyway. The worst customer service I have ever experienced. I was unable to fly back to California, as I did not have a passport or any I.D. I requested that the Palace Resorts to assist me in accomodations while I attempted to obtain a new passport. The Palace Resort denied my request. (they do not want you in the resort talking) It took six days and a five hour bus ride one way, to the U.S. Consulate in Merida to obtain my passport.

I usually travel with a group of 6-10 people. We will NEVER return to the Palace Resorts! And if you choose to take the risk and stay with them (Palace Resorts) neither you nor your belongings are safe. Travelers Beware!

This experiece with be published on any and all web sites that will warn people not to travel to the Palace Resorts.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
25  Thank JoeyPfeiffer
Customer Servic... A, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

We are very sorry to know your perception about our service and truly regret that you had a less than satisfactory experience.
Please be informed that we have completed our internal procedure in this case and have been unable to find evidence of theft as you allege. We would like to mention that our Resort operates under strict property lockdown procedures by which all staff members go through an extensive screening process making it impossible for someone to remove property from the resort.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

All I can say is 'WOW'!!!! from the moment we pulled up to the moment we left we were treated like royalty!!!! I was a little wary of the few bad reviews of belongings being stolen, but we had no problems. Room service would not even enter the room after we called them because I forgot to take off the 'Do Not Disturb' sign. The food was wonderful and they had a wide variety of choices and healthy options; even for my picky husband! The guests from all around the world were fun and friendly. If I had one complaint it was that the beds were a bit firm for my liking, but I just had room service bring me some extra body pillows and the problem was resolved. Next time we travel it will be at a Palace Resort!!! Thank you for the wonderful memories!!!

Room Tip: We paid a little extra for the ocean view since it was our first time, but you can get the same room...
1  Thank Tonie H

We are happy to hear your reaction of “wow” regarding your stay with us. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you for this special occasion; we are very happy to know that our service was beyond your expectations and that you felt treated like royalty.
We would be delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Aventura Palace.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Don't get me wrong. The Aventura Spa is still an amazing hotel. However, with Hard Rock now owning it, the transition from Palace Resorts to Hard Rock is a little bumpy. We noticed it mostly with the staff. Many are unhappy with the change. One waitress mentioned they cut their wages. Overall, you could tell in the attitude and service of the staff that they are not happy. Again, the service was good...but we have stayed here before and we notice that the attention to detail is gone. Hopefully in time, things will start running smoothly again. A new renovation work is about to begin...a new look, Hard Rock Hotel theme. So we shall see.
On positive note, the spa here is amazing. I had three massages! The only down side to this hotel is the lack of beach, there is a man made lagoon where you can snorkel and kayak. But a short 10-15 min cab ride ($18) to Playa del Carmen is well worth it.

Room Tip: This hotel is massive, so ask for a ocean view. With a hammock in the balcony. Overlooking the poo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing with us your comments and concerns regarding your last stay at Aventura Palace.
Please note that our hotel chain is one of the best for wages, benefits, etc. and regarding our transition, let me inform you that we are in no way decreasing the warm and special service which is customary to our guests in our resort.
It is great to know that you enjoyed the Spa and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Kind regards.

Barcelo Maya Palace
Barcelo Maya Palace
#6 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!