My wife and I wanted a place close enough to not have a long plane ride, that would still feel like paradise. We found the Aventura Spa Palace through RCI (Timeshare). We loved the location. It really made for a perfect honeymoon. The place is large enough so you don't feel like you're stuck in one area for the whole week. The amenities are great. Though an all-inclusive resort, we were pleasently surprised at the level of food their restaurants served. 6 Restaurants with different types of cuisine not to include room service. Food includes steaks, sushi, drinks, desserts, and more desserts. Eat and walk out!
If only all restaurants were that way!
The only thing that would've made it better was to have a better view of the ocean. They're mostly partial views. We had to move after the first room once we were able to find another room with a better view.
Rooms are comfortable enough. The large tub by the window was nice as well. Our last day was our 'spa day' and it was great. The scalp massage is incredible and the wraps are funny-feeling but still great also! The open-spa area is great to go 'hang' whenever you have some down time. The hotel is close to Playa del Carmen which is nice to go by and get away from the hotel. Take time to visit the xpu-ha Palace that's near by. Great place to spend the day. If going to Cancun, recommend to rent a car. It's almost the same cost as taking a taxi. If going to any of the tours, be ready to 'waste' time at the jewelry store on the way there.
For city people, we were so relaxed after 6 days that when we went to Cancun, we couldn't stand the noise and brightness. It was hard to get back. We're not drinkers but I hear the drinks are watered-down....what do you expect, they're free!
Highly recommend! Can't wait to go back one day soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Agoda, Southall Travel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico