My wife and I stayed here for a week in Sept 2012 and has a wonderful time.
The hotel is located about 90 minutes south of Cancun, so it is a decent transfer time. It is a very large complex but the Aventura Spa is one half of the complex, and adult only. Didn't visit the other half so cannot comment on it.
The rooms are in a series of 3 storey blocks and a decent size, with a double Jacuzzi bath and a small triangular balcony with a distant sea view. The coast here is rocky, but the hotel has created a long lagoon (400m) and built several bars in this area as well as creating some sandy beaches and raised areas. The best sunbathing we found was on the raised areas as there was a lovely breeze and decent views.
The lagoon is open to the sea and contains the most wonderful variety of sea life. I snorkelled there most days and saw groupers, zebra fish, incredibly big conch shells, and best of all, on three different days, actual rays. The lagoon varies between 12" and 7' in depth and is so safe my wife finally tried to snorkel, after 30 years of not putting her face in a sea. The hotel lends out snorkel masks and tubes, (but you really need your own flippers)
Besides the life in the lagoon, there are many Iguanas which sun themselves on the rocks everyday and also eagles and frigate birds galore.
There are 4 restaurants of which the Oriental themed one was our favourite. The head waiter Peter (Pedro) and the Sommelier (Edgar) were excellent. This restaurant was part of the Palace chain and will be a Hard Rock themed hotel in 2013. The waiting staff and gardeners etc were fantastic, with a real positive attitude. In fairness. some of the male reception staff weren't on the same level, but overall here and at the Beach palace we found most staff to have an exceptional attitude.
The El Greco restaurant is nearest the pool area and serves Mediterranean themed food, the Mexican themed restaurant was Ok. Didn't think much to the Italian themed restaurant, quite gloomy and not particularly good.
Besides the restaurants, there is a pool bar which serves good burgers and salads etc.
Being bigger, this hotel has a better selection of shops than the Beach Palace, but we hardly bought anything. E.G.. You get $100 towards sunglasses, but they start at $230 so are not particularly good value.
We spent a lot of our resort credit on their excellent wine list as well as two wonderful spa treatments, well worth it. My masseuse, Betty did an incredible job.
Overall a wonderful hotel and well worth spending a week at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Ebookers, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico