“See same resort under the name Aventura Spa Palace”

Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 December 2013

They are in the middle of a major remodel. Please be careful what management says. They are not honest. Our trip coordinator was assured the resort was ready for us. We paid full price for a resort under contruction. Read the additional reviews under Aventura Spa Palace.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Riggcpas
MelenLilia, Customer Service at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2017

Dear Riggcpas,

We regret the inconveniences you experience. We wish to have the chance to welcome you soon to experience our improvements.

Best regards

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This resort is gorgeous, LIttle big, long walks to get anywhere. But the snorkeling in front of the resort is great in the lagoons. Pools are awesome. Restuarants are fantastic. Staff is great. Would definitley go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tinafri

Dear Tinafri,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments.

We look forward to your next visit to paradise!

Regards

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Yes, there is still some construction at this resort! We stayed in the Hacienda side of the resort where you can still R & R and enjoy the great entertainment. Beautiful location, clean rooms, great spa and quite a variety of restaurants blends well with an awesome staff and service. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
Thank Shaheed M. A

Dear Shaheed M. A,

Thank youso much for your wonderful words.

We would be more than glad to pamper you as you deserve!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

A picture is better than a thousand words please look below. \the holiday was over xmas and new year. We will certainly remember this experience every xmas and new year to come. We spent the first two days trying to get a room that was not in the center of a construction site without success. We spoke to numerous managers, the tour company and our travel agent who all blamed each other. we then decided to go to the top and contact the Headquarters of \\hard Rock and low and behold we were moved to a decent room within 10 minutes. It will take us the rest of the short holiday too recover!!, Moral Make sure your travel agent makes confirming statements. etc, no construction sites and reliable tour operators. Haaving been here before I was amazed and the change that appears to have come over the staff. In previous visits we were treated very well. So I guess reflects a new way of running things or is aiming at a different demographic. . Never again.

Room Tip: Avoid Hotels that are under renovation or construction. This Hotel advertised being finished by NOv...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jan_Hundrieser, General Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear dpollock,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya; we offer you our most sincere apologies for have fallen short to your expectations. We would like to change your perception of our service as it is our main goal to achieve your satisfaction with the epic service that sets us apart.

Jan Hundrieser

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I traveled here last year for Christmas and did not write the review on the right place. I felt it was really important to tell you all stay away from this hotel so here is the message. Save your money and go to sandals or really anywhere else. This was the worst experience ever. The food was so gross I did not eat, and the staff were so negative and rude that it was clear they did not want to be there. If you ask them to fix something they would tell you they couldn't do it, even fixing their own mistakes (ie, my burned steak that I asked to be medium rare). I travel a lot and I've never experienced anything this awful. I would not go back if they paid me. I do apologize for keeping this brief but this hotel has taken enough of my time.

Room Tip: Get a room in another resort!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Ashley A

Dear Ashley A,

We regret the inconveniences you experienced. Our staff works constantly to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

We would love to have the chance to pamper you as you are used to.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

As palace premier members we were offered a 50% off deal to visit the resort between October and December. When I called to book we were told it was to "spread the word about the resort via word of mouth" as the resort construction was supposed to be completed by then. This "deal" definitely backfired on them. I am giving this resort an "average" review and that is because we only paid 50% of what they normally charge. If we had paid full price, it would definitely have been rated the lowest it could be rated.
We reserved a king sized bed on the "Heaven" adults only side of the resort. We arrived to the resort and were dropped off at the "Heaven" side where we waited for HOURS for our room to be ready. We were brought to our room after it was dark outside and after we had several drinks. They brought us to the "Hacienda" family side to a room with 2 double beds. I had read other trip advisor reviews so I knew they were going to try and pull this on us. After seeing people crying and complaining about their rooms while we were waiting, I decided it wasn't worth it for us to complain because I knew they didn't have anything better to give us. Good thing I didn't too because I met people that were placed in "Heaven" and got asked to moveot the "Hacidenda" side as most of that side was completed. Another reviewer also commented on the beds and he was right-they were ROCK hard. I pulled back everything to see if I was even sleeping on a mattress it was that bad. We called the front desk 4 times to get someone to come in and fix our safe for us (batteries were dead) and 3 times to get someone to replace our broken hair dryer. The first day no one came to clean our room until 5pm but the other days were fine. The wifi at the resort was pretty bad unless you were in one of the main lobbys. The wifi in our room was just awful.
We spent each day (all day) at the Heaven adults only pool and I must say we had a great experience there. We met other Palace members and enjoyed their company. The drinks by the pool were great (awesome margaritas on the rocks) and they had a nice buffet and snacks at the little bar there. The part that was terrible was the constant hammering and construction sound going on in the rooms directly next to the pool. Not the most "relaxing" atmosphere.
We got our manicures and pedicures at the Rock spa one day and Fernanda was awesome! Very nice girl that was very engaging in conversation and had such a positive attitude about all of the complaints she said she hears from visitors on a daily basis.
We visited the spa twice and WOW was that interesting! The entrance to the "spa" was down a driveway and through some back entrance and the walls were covered in flowy sheets to make it look "spa" like. I know they tried but it looked like a bad elementary school haunted house. The "aromatherapy" area was less than relaxing. I felt bad going to the bathroom and flushing the toilet because there were women laying right there trying to relax before their massages. I booked a massage with a "female" therapist and when a male walked up I was a little nervous (I had never had a male) but I will say that he was awesome! I can't remember his name otherwise I would have given him a great shout out! Getting a massage and listening to rock music was interesting but I didn't mind it so much.
Food-We really enjoyed Zen and the Teppanyaki table! The food was great there and the show was awesome! We also liked the Mexican restaurant on the Hacidenda side. Ipanema was pretty bad. All of the people "raving" about this place have clearly never had a good brazilian steak house experience. Our server Francisco was awesome there though! We also ate at Toro and that place was "ok." Lastly, we ate at the Pizza place and that was just ok too. If you're expecting American style pizza, this is not it.
In regards to the entertainment, we watched the fire show and the aquatic show and both of them were great!
Construction was going on all over the resort. I recorded the noises we listened to every morning and every night in our room. We were in building 5 on the second floor and the first night construction was going on until well past 10 pm. One day when we got back from the pool we walked in and our room smelled so strongly of varnish from the room above us that we had to keep our window open well into the night.
We attended the "time share" talk as we were offered $400 in resort credits to go. After continually saying we weren't interested we got a gentleman that told us he felt sorry for us that we weren't buying into it and seeing the "value." Definitely not like other Palace resort experiences we have had.
Long story short, we would maybe travel there again but not until well after construction is complete and we heard that wasn't supposed to be for months! I honestly felt really bad for the people that paid full price and had to experience the same things we did. We traveled December 4-11.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindsayElyse01

Dear LindsayElyse01,

Tank you for sharing your opinion with us. We offer you our most sincere apologies for have fallen short to your expectations.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

SA here until Jan 1st. Deluxe family Suite. Checked in 4pm Xmas day. Suite consists of two rooms. The second room was not available until 730pm. The second room was advertised as specially configured for kids. Kids mini bar, xbox 360, kids snacks, kids slippers and bath products and locked alcohol dispenser.

When we got the second room, nothing as advertised was provided. After many many complaints to front desk, sunwing representative and guest services the last of the items were delivered on 26/12/2013 at about 1pm.

The food is appalling in both the market and
Ipenema. There is never adequate fruit available or fresh salad and vegatables, no smoked salmon and there is no pancake or waffle station for breakfast. Ipenema has a ventilation problem meaning it's always full of acrid smoke. Compared to the many other five star Resorts we have stayed in in this area the food is sub standard.

This hotel is under construction. I have taken many photographs that I will post on my return. Its an old resort undergoing a major facelift.

Visited the posh spa yesterday for a pedicure. The decor is new but all the equipment is old and dirty, again not something you expect in a five star resort.

This hotel could be much better but it's not ready to be open and it certainly is not worth the 11k paid for seven days for a family of four.

Sunwing still posts this hotel as open in November 2013, leaving you with the impression it's a new hotel and fully open. It is misrepresenting this hotel blatantly. I have taken a snap shot of the Web site that I will use later to seek compensation.

We are not happy here, the first bad experience in ten years visiting this area.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank timscu

Dear timscu,

We really appreciate your comments. We are sad to know you could not enjoy your experience at the hotel.

We work hard to create special moments and we failed this time. It would be our pleasure to have the chance to pamper you in a future visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
The Royal Playa del Carmen
The Royal Playa del Carmen
#13 of 212 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!