We traveled to Adventura 'Heaven' on December 14-21 with 2 other couples. Same group traveled last year in December. What a difference a year makes! Our service last year was fantastic; we even upgraded our membership to include the "Legendary" VIP membership. We expected VIP treatment this year and did not receive anything outside of our Palace Premier benefits. When we asked what the difference between the Silver Palace Premier bracelet and the Blue Legendary "VIP" bracelet, we were told "nothing, except [we] can sit in the VIP area of the cove". Needless to say, we feel very 'ripped off.' We paid a lot of money for VIP member treatment/perks. There was confusion on which membership we were traveling under; our reservation was made on the Legendary membership, but we were told that it was booked by Palace. Last year we were able to spend a day at Playacar Palace as Palace members and a notice was posted this year that day passes would not be allowed. Although Adventura Spa has beautiful coves, it doesn't compare to a little time on the beach.
The 'Heaven' side of the resort was dead. We could see construction progress each day and did not really bother us. We were either off site or at the pool. The pool entertainment staff and service was excellent! We did not have any issues finding a nice spot each day. We ate at the Market the first day while we were waiting for our room near the end of lunch and it was terrible. We do not recommend eating near the end of service. Wait until the fresh food is prepared for the next meal. All other meals were good. Breakfast was the best with a large variety and with made to order eggs, pancakes, and waffles.
We booked all of our activities and Spa days prior to our arrival. It worked out great! The SPA treatments were amazing. I wish I would have written down names.
Our rooms were renovated, but in need of finishing touches. I don't think our rooms were any different than those that a 'non-member' booked....no ocean view. We did travel on a member promo and would be more disappointed had we paid full price.
We will be traveling to Sandos Cancun in March and are curious to see how another resort compares against Palace/Hard Rock.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico