“money wast” 1 of 5 bubbles

Montreal, Canada
“money wast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Worst experience ever,
My husband and I booked last year for our honeymoon in the same hotel but was Aventura Palace. Amazing from stuff to food and tours. we had a good deal and we didn t have to pay for our tours. But this time was from jan 5th to 12th worst worst ever (only the stuff at the Market buffet they were amazing). We thought since they changed the name going from Aventura to Hardrock, everything will be more than amazing butttt nooooooooooo terrible service room only once in the day, very crowded and noisy. Our agent told us that we will get a room in adult area not even it was at family side. the worst was the renovation too noisy to sleep and hear people working all night.what can I say more than this we do not want to go back to this hotel finitoooo. wast of money, we had to pay for all our tours, the free gift was Spa. Last year we had 8000 credits from hotel we enjoyed to pick whatever we wanted for tours Chichen itza, tulum and so on romantic dinner was free also.
anyways, mexico very worth to go back but not anymore to the same hotel.

14 Thank Soumia S
René M, General Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Dear Soumia S,
On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, we apologize for have fallen short to your expectations. We have made many arrangements in order to improve the Hard Rock experience since you visit and we would like you to be a part of it. Your feedback is much appreciated and it won’t be taken lightly, I assure you that proper action has been taken to address every aspect that require our attention.
We would like to have the opportunity to change your perception of our resort and we would like to invite you cordially to come back soon and spend an amazing vacation with us.
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (818)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Hastings, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Horrible experience from check in. They needed a hotel reservation letter from us. We didn't have a letter just a confirmation number and they didn't want to help us without the letter. In all of our years visiting we have never had a letter just a number. Once they helped us, we wanted to be and requested to be on second floor. We ended up on first floor looking at another building...a little glimpse of the ocean was about 400 feet away if you slid your chair all the way to the corner of the patio on first floor. It didn't help that the room smelt moldy and the room looked slapped together. The excess grout hadn't been wiped up. There were paint drips everywhere that we're not cleaned up. The new lock systems on the door did not fully cover the old hole in the door. The shower leaked onto the floor really bad. The toilet was not very private and all together things were not clean. It took us three days of our vacation to finally get into a decent room. Te second room we were put in even had a worse view and I couldn't sit in the room because the mold smell was even worse. My husband then spent 3 hours waking around with a manager to find a new room. The manager brought my husband to 3different rooms. One of the rooms was still a mess from the previous guests and the can lights were pulled down out of the ceiling - the manager had asked my husband to look for water around the lights because the previous guests had said water was coming in through the lights. Why would we want to stay in this room? Finally after three days of wasting our tine with the front desk and public relations we found a room with a view that smelt and looked clean. Customer service at the front desk was horrible. Nobody wanted to help us, they would refer us to someone else who would also end up referring us to someone else. The food was not exceptional, a lot of the food came out cold or when you would ask for something in particular they wouldn't have it (banana or guacamole). You always had the feeling liked you were an inconvenience and no one acted like they were happy you were there. There was constant construction going on. Every morning at about 6:00 we would wake up to banging or power tools. I was even trying to relax at the spa and could hear pounding and power tools. The spa staff in the hydrotherapy/check in area seemed short staffed - not willing to help. If was too bad that only one sauna and one steam room was up and running because I liked the one with the scents in it. Cut backs seemed to be made in the wrong areas. The drinks at the bar were often times not good or you had to explain to the bartender how to make the drinks. The credits we had you now had to pay a 20% service charge which we never had to do before so we didn't use very many credits this service charge is a horrible idea. We had met a group of over 20 different people that were having the same bad experiences with the staff and the rooms and the service.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

13 Thank Micaela D
René M, General Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 9 October 2014
Dear Micaela D,
On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, we extend our most sincere apologies for have fallen short to your expectations during your past visit. We have implemented many improvements since your visit with the objective of serving our guests with the Rock Star service that distinguishes us.
We would like to create new memories with you and change your perception of our resort. We invite you to come back soon and let us treat you with the VIP service you deserve.
Brampton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed at the resort from January 1st to the 8th and wish picked a different hotel. Construction is in high gear all over the resort especially the heaven side which is where we stayed. It starts from early morning hours until late night. You can't Sleep in until late, take an afternoon nap or relax in your room. Our room was also infested with roaches. The main lobby in heaven reaked of sewage, especially the last 2 days we were there. You couldn't even walk though it much less hang out.
They have zero entertainment indoors when it rains and it rained the whole week we were there.
The staff are friendly and this hotel has potential but it's no where close to start taking guests.

I wish we stayed elsewhere, this was a waste of money.

Room Tip: Hucienda side
9 Thank Shabnam M
René M, General Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 10 October 2014
Dear Juliet L,
Thank you for sharing your opinion with us, your comments are much appreciated and won’t be taken lightly. On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, we extend our most sincere apologies for have fallen short to your expectations. We are working relentlessly to address the areas of opportunity that require attention and improve the Rock Star experience at our resort.
We would like to invite you to come back and give us the opportunity to change your perception of our resort by treating you with the VIP service that sets us apart.
One of our specialists will contact you via private message in order to follow up on your review.
Cancun, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I an a Legendary member I was told when booking vacation in July the renovations at hotel would be complete by mid Nov. so I booked 2nd week in January 2014. Had confirmed all or most work would be complete prior to booking flight. Short version hotel 60% under construction, our room request no available, many sections closed problems in room given, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE at all. There were over 20 families I spoke with all with similar problems, WILL NEVER RETURN TO Any Legendary location in Mexico!

Room Tip: Come here in 2 years any maybe your vacation will be enjoyed,
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
11 Thank Sylvia E
Dear Sylvia E,
We are disheartened to see that we have fallen short to your expectations and on behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, please accept our most sincere apologies. Nevertheless, we will keep working to improve every aspect of our Rock Star experience in order to create memorable experiences with our guests. We have implemented many changes since your last visit and we would like you to come back and be part of it.
We invite you to visit us again soon and we will welcome you with the epic service that sets us apart.
Sincerely, René Malacara Coss
St. Catharines, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I am writing this review from the hotel as we are unfortunately still here for another day. My wife and I checked in on the 1st of January. We normally take two vacations a year to tropical destinations and generally stay in five star rated resorts or hotels. The hard rock in riviera maya is no where even close to a four star rating. The check in experience was a gong show, we had to check in on the hacienda side for some reason, the lobby was small smelled moldy and musty is very dated, it was packed full of wet screaming kids as well. We had to stand in a line of about forty people for over an hour. We were taken to our rooms which were at the far end of the resort in the adults only section via golf cart. The room also smelled moldy and musty and also had a bit of a sewage odour to boot. When we complained we were told the resort was fully booked and there was nothing they could do about it no upgrades were available either four some reason? The heaven side is a joke. One little bar stuck in the corner of the lobby, barely audible music, they had a live band one nite in the lobby that sounded like one of the first round outcasts from American idol. The seating in the bar is terrible, old smelly sit down chairs, bar stools were set at a level so your knees are level with the bar top, two televisions about ten years old barely visible. There is nothing happening around at nite either, very quiet

The food was the worst I ever had while on vacation anywhere, it is very similar to something you will find at an all you can eat mandarin or cheesy shopping mall food court. The staff are friendly enough but average and not overly friendly. The credit you receive towards the spa and other activities is subject to a 20 percent cash charge and doesn't apply to the better off resort excursions. They have a 450 cash credit toward the better excursions but you have to subject yourself to a three hour sales pitch from their time share salesmen, what a joke.

The grounds are like something like you would see at a city park except the smell of sewage is worse here as my wife keeps reminding me. One hot tub that is maybe for about eight people that is actually warm ( definately not hot), no access to the ocean, no beach to walk on, what they have is a space that's been cut into the natural rock coral shoreline that has been filled with a mixture of sea water from small chanels from the sea and fresh smelly water from the nearby cenote. The rest of the grounds are dated, poorly lit and of low quality.

I can go on and on. We definately feel like we've been ripped off on this one and will never even look at another hard rock again.

This is the first review I have ever written, and believe me it takes a lot for me to write anything like this!!

23 Thank Jery K
Mara J, Customer Service at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear member, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to see you again soon.
Tulum
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I paid top dollar to be at the hard rock hotel. This hotel was in no shape or form a hard rock hotel. This was a cash grap by the hotel to get money flowing during the busy season. This hotel was not finished. All I heard every morning in my building was construction crews working. Everything was overpriced and sub standard to what I was expecting. I will never stay at a Hard Rock hotel again. There are better alternatives for my family.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

8 Thank Michael C
Tulum
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

If you slip and fall at the Hard Rock, good luck, no one is trained to help nor do they care.
Yes, The hotel clerk at the front desk would no let us check out until I return to the room and return the two XBOX games in the room, which the XBOX never worked in the first place, she was extremely rude.

y wife and two children stayed in rooms 8253 and 8255. Our stay was from 12/26/2013 thru 1/2/2014.
On 12/27/2013 I awoke in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and I slipped and fell into the marble wall causing a huge bump on my head which then turned black and blue. I went down to the front desk on 12/27/2013 the next day and spoke with Israel at the front desk and informed him of the incident, he saw the bruise on my fore head and said hat he would send someone up to my room and correct the problem. Later that day a maintenance person was in our room looking at the toilet and said that the toilet needs to be replaced because there was a small leak and he would return the next day, which he never did. I had to place a bath towel on the floor next to the toilet to soak up the water that was leaking and no one ever returned to fix or replace the toilet during our stay.
We arrived home from our vacation on 1/2/2014 and on 1/3/2014 I went to my family doctor; Dr. Terry Sullivan 200 S. Michigan Avenue Chicago, Illinois USA for an office visit and I was diagnosed with a concussion. During our stay no one from the hotel ever followed up to see if I was feeling good nor did anyone ever correct the issue of the leaking toilet. My family and I are very upset with the hotel management and staff that no one ever cared to make our stay comfortable and follow up with the incident. I am very upset with the unprofessionalism we experienced during our stay and would not recommend your hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

6 Thank Ronald D
Mara J, Customer Service at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear member, thank you for taking the time to shared us your comments. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Barcelo Maya Palace
#7 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,629 reviews
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!