We booked our stay at Aventura through RCI Extra Vacations.
We are a couple in our mid and late 20's and prefer All-Inclusives after visiting this resort. Let me start by saying that yes, the staff go above and beyond their call of duty to make sure you are enjoying your stay. However the front desk staff is not as personable and I've seen them be quite rude, however this was the only downfall of the hotel and it could have just been they were having a bad day upon our arrival.
ROOMS: The rooms are sufficient. The bathrooms are gorgeous with huge walk in showers and include a bench which was nice to have. The sink is outside of the bathroom which also made it easier for us to get ready at the same time. The bed is huge, we didn't find it hard at all. The jaccuzzi is also a nice touch and the balcony had a beautiful view from most directions. We had a corner room and it overlooked the North side pool, it did not however have a hammock as the corner rooms do not contain hammocks.
FOOD: We loved Mundaca (The steak restaurant) and enjoyed La Hacienda the most. We also enjoyed the bufets for lunch at al of the restaraunts that wer open. Breakfast could be served later in my opinion but that's because we party hard at night and don't get up until around 10. There is nothing bad to say about their food except room service menu could be stepped up a bit.
EXCURSIONS: If we paid in advance we received 7 free excursions, we only chose to go on two. We went to wet and wild and did the dolphin swim which was around 120 per person for a full encounter. This was something I'll never forget. We also did the Chitchen Itza and I found it boring and hot but my boyfriend loved it (just a differnece of opinion). They do stop off at a little communal place wehre the vendors try to sell you items, we found them to be non pushy but didn't buy anything. THe food that we ate was real mexican and it was included in the tour (except for drinks) and it was really good. You could even go up for seconds.
SPA: AMAZING! The prices are on par with what I pay in NYC for a decent massage so I didn't find them pricey and they were great and SO relaxing. Definitely recommend the hydrotherapy! Also their gym facilities are decent. My boyfriend works out 5 days a week and he said their facilities were sufficient enough for him to maintain his normal workout regimen.
All in all I have to say this was one of our best vacations yet.
Would we go back? Maybe, there are so many other places to visit we want to try them all, however we have discussed that after our two trips this year if none match up to Aventura next year we may make one of our trips one back to Aventura. We do hear however they are changing the South side into a Family side and one of the joys of staying at Aventura was not having children around....so we aren't positive yet.
I always read tripadvisor for help on resorts and I hope this helped someone out there the way everyone's helps me.
One thing I would like to see more of is the managers on staff walking around making sure their guest are cared for like other resorts. However this could just be that the week we were there they weren't around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico