This was my 2nd visit to Aventura Spa Palace. I went once back in 2004 and returning this year I was amazed all over again at how Absolutely Beautiful this resort is. We found the staff to be over-accomodating and the service overall was great! Over the entire 8 days we were there we had 1 late night meal at one of their 8 restaurants that had incredibly slow service... We knew it was because they had just gotten in 1000 new guests from Frito Lay and they were serving a private meal for 1000 out on the beach. Other than that, the staff here bent over backwards to make us happy.
Tipping is not required at this resort, but with that being said 1 measly US dollar goes a long way in Mexico, so we tipped a $1 and whether we were laid out in the farthest corner of the beach next to nothing or if we were laid out next to the pool those servers came to find us and came to find us quite often! By the end of the week they knew our names, knew our drink preferences and knew exactly how we liked things.
We did the sales presentation that everyone complained about on one particularly cold day where we couldn't go outside anyways. It was actually pretty nice and although we weren't interested they were great about it... Gave us the $80 cash we had given to someone else in the airport, plus 2000 pesos in spa credit, and a free tour. I read all of the complaints about how the pesos weren't even enough to cover an entire massage, and how they wanted it to be worth more, but it's still $158 in spa credit that you didn't have before. We happily shelled out another $100 or so and enjoyed a romantic aromatherapy couples massage together.
The spa is EXCELLENT. Even if you do not get spa services, I recommend you pay the $25 one day and relax in the wet spa area.
Food was very yummy, but is also MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT. I have a pork allergy and EVERYTHING is made with some type of pork fat in it. The sauces on the steaks, even the french fries are fried in grease where a slab of bacon has just been fried. My stomach was upset most of the time because pork seemed to sneak into almost every dish I ate. Other than that, the quality of the food was excellent. They really do a good job in the restaurants.
Rooms are small... which is another complaint of mine. However they are nicely appointed and laid out. The two person jacuzzi was one of our favorite amenities. The stylilng in the rooms is clean and contemporary. And yes, you have tiled floors... Felt like ceramic tiles to me but in a tropical climate like this I shudder to think how nasty the floors would be if they were carpeted. This seems like a no-brainer to me.
The NightClub was fun and the shows are well put together. We enjoyed many a nights dancing into the wee hours with hordes of other drunken resort patrons. We had an absolute blast in La Discoteca. Beware Karaoke night... It was lame and the club is on the side of the resort where kids are allowed and there were kids in there at 10:00 at night. I was so annoyed...
All-in-all if you visited this resort and you couldn't enjoy yourself you might need to check your pulse to see if you are still allive.
Great place to get away from it all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, TravelUp, Booking.com and Southall Travel so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico