El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
9,110 results
All reviewsgourmet pubseaside suitesbeach bedsklay talayswim up roompersonal conciergeseaside marketmain barour honeymoonpremium blockroom servicenaay spaguacamayas barhidden beachfour posterjacuzzi bathswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I'm absolutely disgusted by my trip to EDSS. My new wife and I came here because of all the amazing reviews on TripAdvisor, and I don't know who writes those, but nothing about this trip was good. The food was mediocre at best, the service was slow and inattentive, and the resort was falling apart. Our suite didn't even have hot water for two days! What disturbs me the most is that I was so distraught that I asked for some portion of my trip expense to be reimbursed. This was our honeymoon, and it couldn't have gone worse, and at least 50% was directly the fault of this 'resort.' Upon offering a small refund they asked me to sign a contract stating that I would never tell anyone of my experience and immediately remove all negative posts from the internet, or I would lose my refund! Seriously!!!!!!!!! If you do choose this resort you may have a better time than we did, I pray that you do, but if it goes sideways, don't say you weren't warned. I wish I had been.

Stayed: January 2014
27  Thank Kaisertod
EDSS S, Gerente at El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2016

Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we want to assure you that all your comments are welcomed and a key part of the improvement of our resort. We are truly sorry to hear you experienced any inconvenience during your stay, we are a 5 star rated resort so we are disheartened to hear your recent stay was not reflecting it.

We would like to invite you to contact our Head of Customer Services at customerservices@karismamexico.com so that we can review your feedback together and to assure you this is not the standard of our hotel, we will be glad to host you again in our hotel or any resort by Karisma to surpass any past experience.

Best Regards,
adurre@eldoradoseasidesuites.com.mx
Sensimar Seaside Suites & Spa

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My wife and I spent 2 weeks at the EDSS from 9th June to 23 June 2014 we were a bit concerned about staying there as we had never been to Mexico or been on an all inclusive holiday before. we need not have worried at all, from the moment we arrived at the hotel the service was excellent.
On arrival at the hotel we got off the coach from the airport and were asked to point out our suitcase then handed a cool towel and a cold drink which was very much appreciated. The check in for us only took about 10 minutes we were then escorted to a golf cart just outside the lobby, with our suitcases already loaded we were taken to our room in block 39. We did not go for a swim up suite which are obviously great for some people but for us the basic Junior Jacuzzi suite suited us fine and have no regrets about not upgrading. If I had to nit pick the room could have done with a bit of an update, however that didn't worry us too much as the room was clean and the bed was probably the most comfortable hotel bed we have ever slept on and we knew we would not be spending much time in the room.

Restaurants - We ate at all the restaurants on at least one occasion and really enjoyed all the meals we had. We only had room service once that was our first night as we were really tired after travel, the menu for room service was quite basic so we never tried that again. The gourmet pub menu does seem a bit strange and I am not sure why you are required to book it but we enjoyed the food so we ate there 3 times. The dress code policy for the restaurants as others have said is not really enforced but we did find that most people did wear appropriate clothing and I found that it was good to get out of shorts and flip flops at the end of the day and go to a good restaurant for a meal.

Service - I cannot commend the hotel employees enough for the service we received, they were all excellent and could not do enough to help you. They really did their bit to make the holiday so enjoyable for us. I don't want to mention any names as they were all excellent the concierge, maids, bell boys, hotel lobby staff and waiters from all the restaurants and bars, great service thank you all. We booked through Thomson which included WiFi, what they don't mention is that it is only from 2 WiFi points the Lobby and the Pool bar outside block 39 which was great for me but in our last 4 days they shut the one off at the bar, which meant I had to walk to the lobby to get Wifi, not a biggy but I was going to complain anyway (After all I had to have at least one thing to to complain about). So off I went to the lobby complaint going through my head and as soon as I walked in I was approached by a member of the staff who asked me if he could help, I told him my problem he was very apologetic and said "I will sort that out for you right now sir", he gave me a connection to my room right away with no charge. He was probably able to do that as I was in my last few days but I relate this story just as an example of how impressive their service is, any issues get dealt with immediately. I have no complaints at all about my 2 week stay at EDSS

Pool - We mostly spent the mornings at the quiet pool which was perfect for us, we were always able to get a bed and I was able to do some laps in the pool. We did spent some time at the beach a couple of afternoons which was good and we were also able to get in a session of para sailing which we both really enjoyed and thought it was well worth the money.

WE both really enjoyed our stay at EDSS and will no doubt return as soon as we can.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank David S
EDSS S, Gerente at El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2016

Great to hear you had a great holiday while staying at Sensimar Seaside Suites.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience, your opinion is truly important for us. We appreciate your kind comments about facilities, food and specially the staff as they are committed to exceed our guests’ expectations and this is great motivation to keep offering the best service.

We are looking forward for your next visit. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly, we will be more than glad to accommodate your requests.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first trip to this area and honestly we will definitely be back for another visit... Amazing people, amazing facilities, and amazing food!!! You will not be disappointed... Amazing atmosphere!!! Made some new friends that will last a lifetime!!! 5 star all the way!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Ted M

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Our group of two couples were there from June 25 through July 1. We were greeted with a 5 star welcome and champagne. We arrived early and were allowed to check our bags at the front and then enjoy the resort in full.
ROOMS: we paid for the basic room. We were in the Premium suites which is a 5 story building the furthest away from the beach. Despite the name, the premium suites are the base rooms. Their website shows the basic rooms having the Jacuzzi tub at the patio sliding door which creates a romantic ambience. This is not the case in the Premium suites building; it is more hotel style with the Jacuzzi in the bathroom towards the back. The rooms are huge and even have a small couch, comfy chair, and table with 2 chairs. The view to the beach is fantastic due to the 5 stories. Maid service was hit and miss regarding consistency of what was replaced, such as lotion. They did leave nice towel figurines daily. The beds were a bit soft for our liking.
ROOM SERVICE: one couple ordered room service. They weren't impressed with the breakfast but really enjoyed the cheeseburger and brownie.
FOOD: DELICIOUS. That's why we chose this place. The food is gourmet. We ate at every restaurant at least once and the Italian one 3 times. We didn't try the Mexican restaurant as we get good Mexican food in Arizona. Breakfasts were usually in the buffet Arrecifes which was also tasty. I especially enjoyed the omelet station. Both outdoor restaurants have good food; one is buffet style but it still has gourmet food including crepes made the way one wants. I especially enjoyed the bananas foster and Nutella. The buffet rotates specialities daily. I was super impressed with fish day as it even had paella and squid. Regardless of which restaurant, ask for more of anything if you want it.
DRESS CODE: we found most people didn't dress per the dress code. This probably had to do with how hot it is. The sit down restaurants do insist on dry swimsuits and appropriate cover-ups for breakfast and lunch. There are two outdoor restaurants at which one can eat while wet. The humidity makes it hard to have dry suits once wet so we mostly ate outside. Most men wore shorts, collared shirts, and sandals. One man in our party forgot to change from flip flops and no one said anything even though in the fancy Italian restaurant. There is a new pub restaurant of which reservations were necessary.
GROUNDS: the resort is wonderfully manicured and the flora is spectacular. The palms have filled in so nicely and they offer great shade. The iguanas, hermit crabs, and lizards were great entertainment. An added bonus is the resort's effort to be environmentally friendly.
SERVICE: 5 star all the way. Everyone greets you with a smile and an "Hola". The ladies in the restrooms are always busy keeping the floors dry after dripping swimsuits and keeping the towels handy.
ENTERTAINMENT: they offered something every night but we only participated in Mexican night which was great. It was buffet food with great entertainment. Otherwise, we went to bed somewhat early. In general, because it's such a romantic resort, there weren't too many couples participating in the entertainment.
POOLS: we only went to the pool in front of the premium suites regularly. It offered great shade and cool water after a day at the beach. It wasn't ever crowded and the lounges had soft cushions. The swim up bar was nice. We even got to taste "turd in the pool" shots.
DRINKS: in case you don't have a favorite, they have lists of special drinks. We ended up trying many of them. The drinks aren't strong which we appreciated. We didn't see many drunks; although that's why we avoided the main pool. Enjoy some of the swings at the bars.
BEACHES: the second reason we chose this resort was for the snorkeling. We saw many fish including parrotfish, blue tangs, an eel, clown fish, and more. Be aware that the current runs to the south so enter at the north. There's coral which the waves tend to try to smash you into. There are also sand bags and rock barriers which have been added to help save the beach. The sand is coarse as it's mostly broken coral. The lagoon in front of the gazebo is mostly sand (shuffle your feet to make sure you don't step on a ray; yes there are some) and has some big fish as they've been fed. Don't feed them. The other beach entries turn into dead coral quickly. Even though dead, life still abounds so don't walk on it and there are lots of urchins which can really hurt. I would strongly suggest water shoes.
Beach chairs, beds, and lounges go quickly. The resort does have a policy regarding unattended belongings on lounges "saving" lounges, although we didn't see staff doing about it. Yes, most everything was filled from 8:30 til 3 or 4.
ATTENTIVENESS: one in our party has an allergy to shellfish and we found that the resort asks for information from the beginning and then verifies at every restaurant. The resort also pays attention to your last evening as they provided us with a fancy dessert. One couple in our group received good information from the personal concierge in the beginning but the other couple didn't get any information. They do ask if you are interested in participating in a time sharing presentation and they offered $100 in resort credit. We didn't do it.
CLIENTELE: predominately British, then American.
BE AWARE:
Some women go topless on the beach.
We experienced one REAL NEGATIVE thing; despite choosing this resort for its gourmet all-inclusive, one must ASK for the GI wine list in order to have wine without paying extra for it. This was discouraging and we weren't told this by any staff even though it was obvious we wanted wine. We we're finally told this by another GUEST on our 4th night.
We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Bkbak

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were a group of six women celebrating life long friendships and birthdays. Considering that this resort is ALL couples, we stood out a bit.
We chose Seaside because of the easy access for one member of our group with vision issues. She was able to navigate the resort grounds independently which is something she is not able to do elsewhere.
The rooms are very nice (swim up suites in our case) and well serviced everyday. One issue that did not cause any problems for me, but could for others, is the lack of any bright lightening in the room. Ask for a room that has been refurbished as they are a bit brighter.
There are three swimming pools ... two on the quiet side and one activities pool. The bar in the activity pool is desperately in need of repair and updating but the area around it is a fun place to be.
Beach? What beach? The stretch of sand is long and narrow and covered with chairs and sun beds ... hundreds of them. So many that you hardly know there is a beach there. Yes, it is necessary to have all of the chairs but be aware of this if you like wide stretches of sand. It is also very rocky in the water. I love the ocean and found myself at the pool because of the water conditions.
The food is hit and miss. The Italian dining was very good with excellent service and the new evening dining at the swing bar was also very good. Believe me, it is hard to go hungry at an all-inclusive.

Now, the biggest reason to stay here .... the staff!!! The activities staff, the men and women who clean the rooms, the bartenders and servers, the hosts and hostesses in the restaurants and the groundskeepers. They make Seaside what it is!

Suggestion to guests ~~ don't forget to tip these hard working people. Yes, it is all-inclusive and it is not an inexpensive vacation, but a few dollars/pesos goes a long way for these women and men.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank SailAway53
EDSS S, Gerente at El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

Great to hear you had a great holiday while staying at Sensimar Seaside Suites.

We also value your feedback as this helps us to improve and keep offering the best experiences.

Best regards,