“A WONDERFUL RELAXING VACATION”

El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“A WONDERFUL RELAXING VACATION”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We want to thank BeachBum Rachel from Beach Bum Vacation. com for recommending El Dorado Seaside Suites for our 34th wedding anniversary stay. Such a wonderful resort, it was clean, beautiful and the staff were so pleasant and welcoming. When we arrived our room was not yet available so we went and sat near the beach and enjoyed a cool drink. The atmosphere and view of the ocean was beautiful. The wait was not very long, and when we returned to the lobby we were told our room was ready and were quickly transported with our luggage in a golf cart to our room. Our swim up suite room was very clean, and the staff had arranged a bucket of champagne, and a beautiful swan with hibiscus flowers on the bed. It was so welcoming and set off our stay in a positive mood. The staff at the resort are all excellent. It does not matter where you are on the resort, they offer to help, bring you a cool drink, or just say hello. I was told this resort was a favorite of many couples, and I can see why it is so popular. Do not miss an opportunity to use the SPA, we had a couple's massage, and it was a wonderful way to end our week at the resort prior to heading home. The food is delicious, and they have cooking demonstrations that you can participate in to learn how to prepare guacamole or other dishes. If you like activities they always have a fun game or activity to participate in. Do not miss having a ice cream sundae at the Sandwich area near the bar, it is a delicious afternoon treat. El Dorado Seaside Suites was a wonderful resort with excellent staff. Thank you Beach Bum Rachel at Beach Bum Vacation. com for recommending this resort to us, it exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: The swim up suites are wonderful. Our room was located near the swim up bar, so all we had to do wa...
26 Thank MelissaandRick
EDSS S, Gerente at El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 17 December 2016

Great to hear you had a great holiday while staying at Sensimar Seaside Suites.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience, your opinion is truly important for us. We appreciate your kind comments about facilities, food and specially the staff as they are committed to exceed our guests’ expectations and this is great motivation to keep offering the best service.

We are looking forward for your next visit. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly, we will be more than glad to accommodate your requests.

Sensimar Seaside Suites & Sp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,270)
  • Polish first
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and myself have just returned home today from two weeks at the Eldorado Seaside Suites I do not usually write reviews but following this holiday I felt compelled to write something. From the moment we got there to the day we left it was awesome. The resort is well set out, several good restaurants to choose from a great quality of food the Italian, Garden Grill & the Gourmet Pub were our favourites we didn't try the Asian restaurant but a lot of the friends we mat said that was really good to, the dress code in the restaurants is polo shirts and tailored Bermuda shorts or Long trousers I would suggest the Bermuda shorts although some people do not comply to the Standards. The weather was great all the time we were there, although there were a couple of thunderstorms which didn't last long but even these were amazing. We spent most of our time on the beach fantastic views and if you are between the two white wedding gazebos the it is sandy when you walk into the water, we never had a problem getting a sun lounger. if you want one of the beach cabana beds then you need to get those by 7am which was easy for us as were still waking up at UK time but there were plenty of sun loungers still available at 9am and later. We
saw some great wildlife and managed to witness a couple of Sea Turtles laying their eggs on the Beach next to the hotel an amazing experience. This was our first trip to Mexico and to the ESS, the room was great Mini Bar stocked everyday with international branded beer and soft drinks, some brilliant towel art done by the maids nearly everyday. Whilst we were there we celebrated my Wife's birthday and our 24th Wedding anniversary, our personal concierge made sure we had a memorable time by arranging some great surprises for us when we returned to our room after another day in the sun. Lastly I would like to say a bit a bout the staff I have travelled to quite a few hotels in my time but I can honestly say I never felt more welcomed at any other resort all of the staff go out of there way to make sure that you have the best possible holiday experience I never been so chilled the whole resort is absolutely amazing and every staff member, from the maids, waiters, gardeners, concierges, Bell Boys, Cleaners and entertainment staff that we met were fantastic and always happy which made for a truly great holiday experience. I can not fault it we met some great people and I am sure we will be going back.

Room Tip: The Beachfront rooms were really good, especially if you are going sunbathe on the beach most days a...
13 Thank Colin P

Oxford, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I were on our 27th anniversary. One of my co - workers told me about this place. He stayed here and loved it. Under his advice give it a try. Well let me tell you the place was the best place we ever stayed. The place was supper clean and all the staff went out of there way to make your stay the best. People let me tell you try it you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We choose a room with the pool connected to it. Being its hot that's makes it.
2 Thank Steve R

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The property and amenities are wonderful, the food less than average if you can possibly get a hot meal with less than average food quality. Room service I wouldn't chance as the food was always cold on delivery and some of the room service servers quite rude. Protect your valuables, we used the inroom safe and my I,D, and all my money was stolen, security did what they could but was never returned to me. The entertainment staff was above exceptional as well as 3 servers in guayabitos bar (Cosme, Lucy and Alicia) made our trip with their above excellent service and friendliness. If you don't have high expectations and are not use to exceptional food quality I recommend hotel but if you appreciate a little bit of the finer things in life (me being a foodie) I would not recommend this hotel.

6 Thank FrquentTraveller2014
EDSS S, Gerente at El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 28 December 2016
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we want to assure you that all your comments are welcomed and a key part of the improvement of our resort. We are truly sorry to hear you experienced any inconvenience during your stay, we are a 5 star rated resort so we are disheartened to hear your recent stay was not reflecting it.

We would like to invite you to contact our Head of Customer Services at customerservices@karismamexico.com so that we can review your feedback together and to assure you this is not the standard of our hotel, we will be glad to host you again in our hotel or any resort by Karisma to surpass any past experience.

Best Regards,
adurre@eldoradoseasidesuites.com.mx
Sensimar Seaside Suites & Spa
Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Julie from Travel Haus suggested this resort for our wedding/honeymoon and let me just say, it did not disappoint! The resort was so beautiful. It was a perfect location for our ceremony and a wonderful vacation spot for our 40 guests. The staff was incredibly friendly. We felt like old friends after the 3rd day; Some even knew our names-be sure to find Lorenzo at the beach buffet! When traveling to a different country you always worry about the food: how will it taste? Will there be anything I will like to eat? Will it be prepared like it is at home? We NEVER had a bad meal. At the restaurants they asked for any food allergies before seating you. Everything at this resort went above and beyond our expectations. If you were hungry before the restaurants opened, you could order from the 24 hour room service- also excellent. The pools and beaches were clean, and we always saw someone working to keep it that way- someone power-washing the walk ways daily. Patty and Angelica, the on-sight wedding coordinators, were more than accommodating. They ensured everything that day was nothing short of spectacular. They sat down with us and went over everything from the big to small details, and even went as far as to put a fresh coat of paint on the pergola the day of our wedding. They stood watch during the ceremony to make sure no one would walk behind and disrupt our day. They came to our rooms while we were getting ready to see if we needed anything. Our overall experience was incredible and we can't wait to go back for our anniversaries!! I would absolutely recommend Julie from Travel Haus to book this resort for a destination wedding/honeymoon. Her service/recommendations were perfect!!!

7 Thank Cortney W

Mooresville, Indiana
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I just returned from our Honeymoon spent at El Dorado Seaside Suites and couldn't say enough great things about it. The great experience started with our Beach Bum Concierge, Erica, she found us a perfect honeymoon spot for a very affordable price. We had everything planned for us including our itinerary for our Delta flights and our transportation to and from the airport. We were greeted with a glass of champagne and a smile and felt very welcomed and pampered. We did have a minor hiccup with the lady checking us in as it had to have been her first day because she was completely lost with what she was doing. After a few minutes of watching her fumble around with the hotel booklet she gave us our keys and we were off to total relaxation. We began by enjoying one of our many fabulous meals which included beautifully plated entrees and decadent deserts, each which I miss terribly as I write this review. The room was a Jacuzzi Suite that was in the middle of the resort and close to everything yet felt like our own little private area. We were able to order room service anytime from a large menu, had a stocked mini fridge (beer and pop only) and a small deck off of the main room. Although there were plenty of excursions to enjoy, we were content on lying either pool or beach side and enjoying the fresh air and serenity of it all and that is exactly what we did during the morning and afternoon hours. Cocktails were brought to our cabana or beach chair very regularly by the courteous staff and we just soaked in the sun. Occasionally I jumped into a game of water polo or volleyball in the pool or we would go for a stroll on the beach and take some pictures, but mostly we let the sun and air take all of our stresses away as we dove into a book or took a mid day nap. During the evening we enjoyed some of the activities that were planned by the event staff including live music (great talent), gambling at casino night, mariachi bands and dancing throughout the week. In between baking in the sun and roaming the resort in the evening we splurged at the restaurants, eating a day’s worth of calories in a single meal! Not because we were hungry, just the food was too good to stop eating it! Menus that included Mexican, Italian, Asian and American cuisine, it was difficult to put down the fork and spoon. My wife and I are not gluttonous people in the slightest, however, this week it would have been hard to prove otherwise. Throughout the week, I’ve eaten more deserts than I’d like to admit but each was so rich and flavorful that I’d do it all again tomorrow if given the opportunity. As part of our honeymoon package we were offered vouchers towards $100 worth of wine as well, unfortunately we were not aware that it was broken down as five separate vouchers for $20 and this caused a minor problem at checkout (mostly me feeling like an moron and feeling like a cheapskate). My wife and I don’t drink wine too often so I figured we would use our $100 on a single bottle during our last dinner there instead of buying a bottle each night we wouldn’t really enjoy. Needless to say during checkout there were added charges for wine that I was not expecting and asked for clarification, which was given and I happily paid the added fees. With that small incident aside, I would highly recommend this place as a honeymoon destination or anyone wanting to spend a relaxing and tranquil time with a spouse as it was everything we needed and wanted and much more. As a place for a group to enjoy though, I think there are many other resorts that would accommodate that crowd better as El Dorado has a quieter feel and does not cater to the party goers well. With only a few minor issues with checking in and out and clarity on our package deal, El Dorado and Beach Bum Vacations are as close to a perfect vacation as you can achieve. Our Concierge again was Erica through Beach Bum, however, we’ve had the privilege to work with several others and all have been fantastic and highly recommended!

Sorry for the novel but I rely on peoples feedback and felt I should offer mine to everyone else as well! Also, I will add a photo but am writing this review at work.

Room Tip: Every room is perfect when you're in paradise, but the Jacuzzi Suite was pretty awesome too! I w...
27 Thank Brian S

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 14 July 2014

+ The water ist cristal clear

+ The whole staff is superfriendly and provides an awesome service. Your wishes will be fulfilled immediatly and with absolute kindness

+ The food is excellent. You have no buffets, but some "theme restaurants" (italian-, asian-, mexican style + main restaurat + grill at the beach). If you are lazy, you can call room service at any time as well and let some food be delivered just to your room!

+ The hotel itself is very clean and all buildings are in very good condition

+ It may be a plus (for us, it was definetly a plus) - the hotel is only for persons +18 years. So you will see/meet no children there.

+ The guests behave well and the atmosphere between guests - guests and guests - staff is in general very good. So you will see no drunken or noisy guys (i guess this is because of the price and exclusive character of the hotel)

+ the hotel really cares about the environment (for exemple waste separation)

~ There is WLAN available. It is quite fast and reliable - but you have to pay for it, if you want wlan in your room or use it on the beach. (Only) In the lobby it is free.

- Although the water is crystal clear - if you walk into the water, it gets very soon really rocky! So swimming may be difficult.

All together, our stay was awesome and we would absolutely recommend this hotel!

10 Thank Darthpixi

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites & Spa Resort
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Su...
#58 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
The Royal Playa del Carmen
The Royal Playa del Carmen
#12 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 15,569 reviews

Been to El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!