I've just returned from an amazing 10 days in Mexico and central to such an enjoyable holiday was the El Dorado Seaside Suites by Karisma. They have thought of everything to the finest detail in order to make your stay as perfect as possible:-
Rooms - Spacious with TV, DVD player, daily stocked refrigerator with branded soft drinks and beers, coffee machine, I-phone docking station, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, safety deposit box, double bathroom with Jacuzzi, king-sized bed and lounge area and even the balconies have a double bed and seating area. The concierge is only a phone call away and any requests/room service requirements are with you within 20 minutes. Also, rooms are fully A/C with modern systems that are eco friendly.
Food - Breakfast is buffet style with everything you can name - from freshly made omelettes to French toast, from sausage and bacon to pancakes and waffles. For lunch there's also the choice of the sandwich bar that serves some awesome burgers and pizzas or you can hit the beach BBQ that is just as fantastic. For evening meal, unlike most 'all inclusive holidays' - there's no buffet style queuing for food but 5 different cultural a la carte restaurants to choose from where I experienced some of the best meals ever (Each evening meal would probably cost you £30+ per head back in the UK) .
Drinks - All branded and free (With exception to bottles of wine/champagne and/or tequila that you can purchase at evening meals)
Pools - Your choice of 3 depending what kind of experience you want - 1 has entertainment throughout the day, the other two are more relaxing and peaceful but all have bars with poolside service.
Service - Flawless - wherever you look while walking the grounds you will see at least 2-3 staff at any one time cleaning. All staff appear to enjoy helping you and will go above and beyond to help with anything.
Beach - although the sand is coral (The only (very) minor fault I could find with this hotel - but who am I to blame the sea!!), there is a more sandy beach just up from the resort yet, back at the hotel, there are sun beds and 4-poster sun beds along the sea front. Good opportunities for kayaking (Provided for free), and snorkelling too.
If you are looking at this hotel then book it! After a few days of staying here I even had to double check everything with my rep - The place was so good that I started to question myself if there was a catch and was I incurring any additional costs but no, not even a single penny/peso to settle on my departure.
I really can't fault this hotel and will definitely be making Karisma Hotels my first point of call when travelling in future!
Just a few helpful hints if you are going...
1) There is a dress code for evening meal - men need a collar and formal shorts/trousers with no sandals or flip flops. Women need shoulders covered and appropriate footwear (i.e. no beach sandals or flip flops).
2) The hotel is very eco-friendly and has a strong recycling ethos. Therefore guests have the opportunity to donate their read books/magazines and left-over sun/after sun creams / insect repellent for other guests to take for free.
3) Get the right change for tipping. The service is so good that its very hard not to tip. However, I only ever had 50 or 100 pesos on me at any one time. Therefore you end up tipping £2.50 - £5 at each meal - times this by 3 meals a day and suddenly you have spent £100 on tips alone. I noticed the American's were tipping around $3 a time which was about £1.50 in sterling.
4) Now book it! You won't be disappointed!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Seaside Hotel
- El Dorado Seaside Suites Mexico
- El Dorado Resort Spa
- Hotel El Dorado Seaside
- El Dorado Seaside Resort
- El Dorado Spa
- El Dorado Seaside Mexico
- Eldorado Seaside Suites
- Eldorado Resort
- El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Aventuras