“Holiday of a lifetime!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya

El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
“Holiday of a lifetime!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

I returned from EDSS last week and am absolutely in love with the place and the wonderful people I met there. It could have been a very sad trip for me but I have come back feeling so well looked after! The cleanliness of the hotel is what stuck out at first and the quality of the food is outstanding! I must have had the tenderloin at the italian about 5 times!!! But the friendly and welcoming attitude of every single member of staff beats all of this by far. I can't thank Aldo and his entertainment team (luis, chuc, jessica, rodrigo, isabelle and ivan) enough for keeping us thoroughly entertained!!luis and rodrigo helped me get over my fear of the sea and isabelle and chuc have helped me achieve the JLo bum I have always wanted with aqua aerobics everyday! I took 3 books and didn't read a single word! They were amazing and we were so sad to leave them! I havn't laughed so much in a very long time! The evening entertainment was great too!! William and grace at the activity pool bar kept us topped up on water and damien kept us topped up on margaretas and tequila! Mary our concierge was fantastic and couldn't do enough for us!!!
Two sad and heartbroken girls from wales have returned feeling so happy and we are already planning our next trip!!!
I left my heart in mexico...so I best go back and get it!!! ;-)
Nikki shaw
Buckley, wales

• Stayed August 2014
12 Thank Nikki S
EDSS S, Gerente at El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 10 December 2016

Great to hear you had a great holiday while staying at Sensimar Seaside Suites.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience, your opinion is truly important for us. We appreciate your kind comments about facilities, food and specially the staff as they are committed to exceed our guests’ expectations and this is great motivation to keep offering the best service.

We are looking forward for your next visit. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly, we will be more than glad to accommodate your requests.

Sensimar Seaside Suites & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,192)
  • Polish first
Bedford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife booked this honeymoon after being told we couldn't go to our first choice of kenya due to terrorist activity there. We had such a great time at seasides suites and I think that kenya would not have anything on this amazing place!

The entertainment in the place was good and we saw a michael jackson tribute guy who was really good. The entertainment team work hard to get people active and in some cases the majority of people don't want to exercise and just relax but for this who do want to do something they can, from beach volleyball to Latin dancing! We even had a casino night too. They also have sea kayaks and snorkelling available for you free of charge. There is so much wildlife to explore in the resort.

The level of service in the place is fantastic, the best I have ever received. I cannot tell you how many times someone working there said 'hola' as they walked past. They are all so friendly and want to make sure you have a good experience. We found out that their wage is not much and they rely on tips, so tip well if you think the service is good.

The restruants were very good, our favorite was the vida grill. The least favorite was the gourmet pub, not quite sure what they are trying to achieve here. The service was good in all of these restruants, 6 in total.

The excursions around the area were good to. We managed to swim with dolphins, ride on horseback in the jungle and swim with turtles. We even got to swim in a senote, which is a freshwater water source inland. All of these activities can be booked in advance or when you get there.

Me and my wife had such a good time and our only regret is that we went for one week instead of two.

Thank you seaside suites for such an amazing time and experience!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 347robbo

Wallingford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

We had an amazing honeymoon and would love to holiday/vacation here again. The food was superb, the drinks were forthcoming and the service was brilliant. The staff were extremely friendly and courteous, they made my wife and I feel extremely welcome and valued. Security is first rate, as was the overall cleanliness of the complex. The grounds are extremely well tended making fir a beautiful hotel full of flora and fauna.

Karisma should be very proud of this hotel and the staff that make for an unforgettable experience!

Sleep Quality
5 Thank Steve B

surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Booked this Holiday with Thomson Holidays for ten nights from London Gatwick August 2014 staying at the El Dorado Seaside Suites by Karisma on the Riviera Maya Caribbean Coast near Cancun.

First I would like to say a Big thank you to all the staff & management at the EL Dorado you all helped to make my Holiday with my partner, we were overwhelmed with the high standard of service and politeness.

We found the resort to exceed what we expected and would rate this resort as a 5 star plus compared to UK standards.

All the restaurants where of a very high standard with a great selection of food with a high standard of decor and furniture the staff where perfect in every detail, very polite and helpful and I must say work incredibly hard.

The entertainment & activities on the resort was very very good all the staff worked incredibly hard day & night. We loved the activity pool, lots of fun and a swim up bar for a drinkies, Bar staff and beach waiters so helpful and polite.

And last of all our Room - Amazing every thing we wanted for our Holiday, Big double Bed, Jacuzzi, Tv, Dvd, Fridge, Coffee, Tea machine, Safe, Etc Etc.

And best of all our room Maid - Moises thank you so much for all you did in our room we where amazed at all the flower & towel arrangements in our room every day we found our room to be perfectly clean in every way every day, you made a big difference to our Holiday once again Thank you.

So this review is only a small description of our stay I am so impressed with what I have said I think I will have to stay there again you will find it very hard to find such a wonderfully resort like this one, check it out.

Well done El Dorado
Thank you.

Steve & Julie London Uk.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good standard dependent on what you can afford.
18 Thank imcpilot

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had 2 weeks here and it was amazing! Nothing was too much effort, the staff were very friendly and the food and drink was excellent! A massive thanks to the entertainment staff-Lulu, Jessica, Isabel, Roro, Luis, Ivan-they were great!!

The only fault was our paragliding was cancelled twice!

Overall was fab holiday!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank PippaFisher

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We have just got back from 2 weeks here for our honeymoon and WOW! It was everything we wanted and more! The staff here certainly make it as they are nothing but thoughtful and polite. Nothing is too much for them and they certainly go out of their way to make your holiday as wonderful as possible. The rooms are beyond incredible and offer top notch luxury (we had a swim up suite) and the room service is great! As somebody who likes to be pampered, I can say the spa is better than anywhere I have ever been- the sunrise massage on the beach was incredible! I could go on all day describing all the wonderful things about this hotel but will simply say that I would certainly recommend it for couples, specifically newly weds. Thank you everybody there for making our honeymoon as special as our wedding day! :-)

Room Tip: Swim up in the premium block ( worth every penny!)
7 Thank Helen C

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Took a 5 day trip solo before starting a long contract to relax and disconnect. This place allowed me to do all of that! I really went from the airport to the bus to the lobby to my room and then straight to one of their seaside beds which are uber comfortable and so nice to lie about on all day!

FOOD: I tried all restaurants and they were all very good. None of the food blew me away but there was a huge choice and it was always tasty.
SERVICE: was by far impeccable. I always feel like I am a guest in their country and to be respectful which they are back 150%. Speaking with one of the staff he also mentioned that the turnover at the hotel is very low because it is considered a good place to work. Happy employees make for happy clients.
ACTIVITIES: the only activities I participated in were the water sports in the morning. The teachers were great and did a fantastic job of getting us all going, not always easy with 20 strangers bouncing around in the water together.

CONS: It is 90min from the airport so if you want to speed up your arrival book a private car otherwise you do the milk run and stop and all the hotels down the coast until you get here which is the 2nd to last one. :O(

WIFI: is not free. Good if you really want to disconnect.

ROOMS: Rooms are well equipped. My only problem was that the first room I went into smelled damp which I would imagine probably comes from the AC. Not sure how often they are cleaned out and if so with what.

All in all this place is amazing!

Room Tip: I am not sure as a couple or solo if I would want a swim up room. The crowd was pretty rowdy so if...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
6 Thank bkmmtl
EDSS S, Gerente at El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 8 December 2016

Great to hear you had a great holiday while staying at Sensimar Seaside Suites.

We also value your feedback as this helps us to improve and keep offering the best experiences.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites & Spa Resort
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Su...
#56 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
#107 of 385 in Riviera Maya
Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection
Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa
Catalonia Royal Tulum

Been to El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!