9,886 results
All reviews gourmet pub el dorado beach beds swim up room klay talay seaside suites personal concierge vida garden grill our honeymoon main bar premium block room service swim up bar four poster jacuzzi bath guacamayas bar our favourite
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Returned from this lovely resort a few weeks ago. I travelled with a group of people for my best friends wedding. My partner couldn’t make it, so I was dubious about being a single woman at a couples resort.

I had an amazing time. I’ll try and categorise my review to make it easier to read!

Food:
Food was great. Lots of choice in the restaurants and it would cost you hundreds of pounds for meals like that back at home. You must try the Italian, and also the Fusion restaurant. I wasn’t a fan of the Gourmet Pub, it was ok but I had heard mixed reviews. If you’re going for just a week give it a miss. Egg squad on hand to do you any eggs you like every morning.

Drinks:
Great selection to choose from. If you want a cocktail off menu, just ask for it and the lovely waiters are on hand to help

Wildlife:
I have this rather annoying habit of searching for cockroaches whenever I go abroad. I am pleased to report I didn’t see one! Lots of iguanas, geckos etc, but nothing scary. I had a great time spotting the wildlife! Also don’t go off track, I might have got lost on my first night and trodden on a rather large crab!

Beach:
The beach is lovely. Waiter service available too. Yes there is seaweed, but it isn’t slimy. They work round the clock to clear it and it really wasn’t a problem. It didn’t put me off. One thing I didn’t like was the nibbling fish at my feet! But a pedicures a pedicure

Room:
I found the rooms a little dated. Lack of light available too so was a little dark. Might have over applied the bronzer a few times...But so much space and I had a jacuzzi in my room! The maids do a fantastic job cleaning the room - no sand on my toes at all! You have a free minibar that is topped up daily. You can also order from the room service menu free of charge - lots of choice. I may have been judged by the amount of food I ordered for one person, but I was on holiday!

Wedding:
As I mentioned, I went for a friends wedding. I didn’t really know what to expect for a destination wedding (I pictured people in their tiny trunks drinking beer gawking at us). The wedding team did an amazing job! It exceeded my expectations and my friend had the best wedding. I couldn’t fault it. Apart from almost sweating my dress off, it was just the best day.

Entertainment:
Lots of choice in the day and evenings to do entertainment. I gave the aqua aerobics a shot which I enjoyed. I’m not much of an activities person, I want to be left alone with a book and a cocktail, but I thoroughly enjoyed my lizard making! Great way to get out of the sun too. My mum is now a proud owner of a pink and purple lizard the team really do their best to make sure you have a great time. Super friendly. Cute market for the Mexican night in the hotel too.

What else is left to say! There’s a great Facebook group for this hotel you should join before visiting if you want any tips. Also ignore the weather forecasts if going this time of year. I was stressing I was going to come back pale and fat because it was meant to storm everyday...we had a 5 minute shower of rain twice I think?

I would take some things to settle your stomach too. Quite a few of us were ill during the holiday. I have no doubts that this hotel is clean, and I saw everything being sterilised properly, but you are over indulging and I don’t know about you, but my body can’t cope with it for two weeks.

Oh and WEAR A HIGH LEVEL SUNSCREEN. It’s a tropical country, sometimes there’s cloud. It might look like you’re not catching the sun, but believe me you are. On the one cloudy day we had, I burned my leg quite badly, and spent a few days with a swollen leg and a rather attractive limp.

Overall a fab holiday, and I would highly recommend! OH, bring insect repellent. They just love the pale English skin.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank sophieamy2407
EDSS S, Director General at Sensimar Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear sophieamy2407

Thank you for selecting El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya as hosts for your most recent visit to Mexico and the Riviera Maya.

We work hard in creating a truly memorable experience for each and every guest So it brings me great joy to know our team went the extra mile and that their had such a positive impact on your vacation experience.

I am also pleased to read how much you enjoyed our luxurious accommodation and facilities as well as our beautiful grounds.
It was a pleasure hosting you and we certainly hope El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya becomes your resort of choice during future travels.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We have just returned from a 2 week holiday in this resort with friends and cannor recommend it highly enough.

The hotel is set in beautiful gardens on the edge of the jungle. We paid to upgrade to a premium suite (308) which was huge and had a lovely view out over the pool.

The whole resort was spotlessly clean despite 6 days of heavy rain whilst we were there the staff were continually cleaning the public areas to ensure they remained clean and tidy. The bad weather brought in the seaweed but the guys were out on the beach before 6am every morning clearing it for the convenience of the guests.

The entertainment staff worked hard all the time but especially during the bad weather to ensure that all the guests were kept entertained.

The food and drink were lovely and despite being a vegetarian I was well catered for.

All in all a great holiday in a great resort with exceptional staff.

Thank you for making our holiday so special

Stayed: June 2018
7  Thank JoolieBoo

Dear JoolieBoo

Thank you for your kind words and great feedback. It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed your Gourmet Inclusive experience.

Splendid experiences should begin from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart and we are happy to hear you encountered just this.

Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to hosting you here at El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya many times more in the future

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We had an excellent holiday in Mexico. Food excellent with plenty of choice. Top branded drinks everywhere. Staff were very friendly & accommodating. Resort kept very clean & tidy. Right on the beach which was great.

Room Tip: Go for a swim up room definitely - it’s worth that bit extra
2  Thank Bev E

Dear Bev E

Thank you for your review and kinds word, we appreciate the time taken to share your expeirences.

I am delighted to know you had an amazing Gourmet Inclusive stay with us and consider El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya to be worthy of a five star review.

Our goal is to provide our guests with world class accommodations and a unique vacation experience, so I am very happy knowing that you thoroughly enjoyed the time spend with us at El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya.

I look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

First time at El Dorado, second time in Mexico. Both trips exceeded expectation, hence our wish to return. Staff, food, service all really good and even when it rained the entertainment crew went out of their way to keep spirits up. Bar staff also worked really hard, when it rains there really isn't anything else to do but enjoy yourself. One point which might help others would be if some form of advice re tipping could be given, for example how much should the domestic staff receive or is it appropriate to tip at each meal time?

Room Tip: Make sure you keep the safe key with you at all times, Not just for security but it could be expensive if you lost it.
2  Thank GlobeTrotting766218

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent visit to the El Dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya and the wonderful feedback you’ve shared.

I am thrilled to know that we were able to meet your expectation with regards to your accommodation and our hotel facilities.

We truly appreciate the five star rating you have generously bestowed on us and we hope to have the honor of hosting your stay once again in the near future!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Relaxing , warm, friendly , clean, fun, calm, very friendly and helpful stuff at dinner time and can’t do enough to help you and check your ok. Room cleaners very good twice a day and always asking if they can do more

Room Tip: Leave air con on as very very warm and nice to come into room with air con on
2  Thank michaelplayer79

Dear michaelplayer79

Thank you for such a wonderful review and for sharing your experiences with the Trip advisor community. I’m sure your review will help many with future vacation choices.

It is a pleasure for us to know that your experience exceeded your expectations. Our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and as special as it can be.

We hope that El dorado Sensimar Riviera Maya will be your preferred resort for your next visit to the Riviera Maya and Mexico.