First time in all-included resort, travelling with children 4 and 7. We really enjoyed this medium sized, quiet resort. We booked for a Catalonia Yucatan priviledged room, but finally we were at Riviera Maya. The superieur room was very nice, with all amenities you need. Cleaning staff was very efficient. The view was not so good but we didn't complained. We were closed to the Abuelo bar in block B but with climatisation, it didn't bother us in the evening. Buffet restaurants had a lot of variety, it wasn't difficult to find something tasty, there are always ready-to-cook fish and meat. The service was best at Las brisas, and non existent at El Mercado. We enjoyed the speciality restaurants, don't miss Mikado japanese restaurant and the show! We never waited more than 30 minutes to get seated. The crepery is very nice also, and you will find there the best coffee (open for dinner).
The beach is nice but small, even if it is rocky you can find a sandy patch to get in and after that you will find a large sandy area to swim and play. The lagoon is very nice for children and everybody when it's windy! Snorkeling was the main reason we came to this resort and we were very happy! You will see a lot of fishes between the lagoon and the bay on the left, but on a quiet sea, go out of the bay to explore the reef, we went to the left and even if it is deep, it's a nice place to explore with a healthy reef. I even saw an eagle spotted ray, also squids.
The resort is conveniently situated to explore the area. We took the collectivo to go to Tulum (30 min, 40 pesos per person). We also took a taxi to go to Rio Secreto (15 min, 230 pesos) and to Akumal beach (15 min, 200 pesos) to explore beautiful corals and turtles! From the resort, it is nice to go to the marina (5 min walk or take a bike free from the resort).
We could come back again, and recommend this place for people who prefer snorkeling to long walk on a sandy beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Sea's turquoise waters can be seen from this hotel-paradise. Come and get ready to spend some unforgettable days in the heart of the Mayan Riviera, surrounded by marvelous landscapes and seductive, white sand beaches. The hotel is located in the wonderful Puerto Aventuras development. This is a tourist development which boasts a marina for yachts, a golf course, restaurants and dolphin tanks, all within easy reach of the main Mayan Riviera attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya All Inclusive
- Catalonia Mexico
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Aventuras