Review of Catalonia:
My family of 5 went on a vacation for 6 days 5 nights to this hotel in Dec 2013. This review might be long but I aim to give as much details as possible as TripAdvisor helped us so much when we were planning our trip, and we wanna try to give some back to this community here.
Definitely stay on Yucatan side. Less commotion, less noise, yet beautiful and very well maintained. Overall the resort is extremely clean, staff can be seen running about 24/7 to clean up and help to maintain services all with a smile on their faces. We loved the buffet, the Japanese place Mikado is definitely worth a visit. Excellent food at Mikado, alright at italian and mexican. Free WiFi everywhere which was much appreciated by my father who needs it who needs it for his work purposes. Vegetarian dishes are quite a few at restaurants. More vegetarian dishes at buffet needs to be thought about.. How long can one eat potatoes right?
Since the stayed for 5 days, we only got 3 coupons to use at any of the all inclusive restaurants. We did not know that. Apparently if you stay for 7 days, you get 5 coupons to use at restaurants. All other days you will be eating at the usual buffet restaurants. We felt this was not very fair. If we paid for 5 days and given that is an all inclusive resort, we should have been given coupons to all the all inclusive restaurants for all 5 days and not just 3. Also, restaurants are not open all days so keep that in mind.
Beware of Timeshare!
Day 1 was spent listening to a timeshare sort of an event at hard Rock hotel. We thought we were getting a great deal by getting a cheap ticket to chitchen itza and free breakfast buffet at hard rock hotel sold by registered guys at the airport. We thought we were going to a grand opening of the new hard rock hotel still under construction. Nobody told us that in fact we were gonna listen to a 90min presentation of how RCI works which the guys at hard rock were hard pressed on selling us. 15k USD and guess what, you still have to pay for food as the all inclusive details are not actually included!! Beware of agents at airport who are trying to give you almost free tickets to an attraction but have to attend something. They are all fake. If you are truly on a holiday, you should not need to deal with a 15k purchase of a rci under intense pressure. Anyhow to each their own but our maths showed it does not make sense to purchase it. So that day was wasted in that event n planning out the next few days.
A family of 5 pays twice as more for a cab than family of 4, so just rent a car. They have rentals at the resort for 110 usd for 24 hours. Use it. Day 2 was tulum, coba and playa paraiso beach. Playa paraiso must be hands down the best beach iv ever been to. Tulum was well worth it. Coba was iffy. But we also got to see a cenote right next to it for an additional 75 peso per person so why not:) day 3 was relaxed day, we just rented a car and drove down to yal-ku lagoon. Due to strong waves and tide, sorkelling was not allowed. So we didn't get to see turtles but we did get to see the beautiful lagoon and snorkel there. Even my dad who is not a strong swimmer enjoyed! Day 4 was chichen itza and day 5 we r off! All souvenirs please purchase at chitchen itza. Great bargains!! That's all folks! Hope this helps out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Sea's turquoise waters can be seen from this hotel-paradise. Come and get ready to spend some unforgettable days in the heart of the Mayan Riviera, surrounded by marvelous landscapes and seductive, white sand beaches. The hotel is located in the wonderful Puerto Aventuras development. This is a tourist development which boasts a marina for yachts, a golf course, restaurants and dolphin tanks, all within easy reach of the main Mayan Riviera attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya All Inclusive
- Catalonia Mexico
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Aventuras