I have read a lot of reviews about this resort and most of them are questionable. I found not one thing wrong with this resort, it was phenomenal! From the moment of check in they were very friendly and accommodating to us all. I was one of a group of 6.
The food was out of this world. We upgraded to Privileged, which was well worth the money. We had access to all the restaurants once and the two buffets all the time. All were exceptional. We had access to the privileged area of the beach. Service was without exception fantastic. On that side of the beach was a couple, not associated with the hotel, set up to do massages. They even gave 10 minute free samples. Got us all hooked. Seaside massages! With the sound of water breaking and the breeze blowing, almost went to sleep!
The drinks are great as well, bartenders very attentive. If you are lucky, you will have Rafael on the privileged side of the beach, Macgiver by the pool, Evelyn was another very friendly face at the Creperie restaurant.
If you have teenagers, I saw an incident that gave me faith that parents not need worry about their kids and alcohol. We were at the Chill out Bar and I saw the bartender refuse service to teenagers. It probably would have been so easy for him to give them alcohol, but he did the admirable thing and refused them.
One night, I over did it with sweets and had problems, my husband got up at 3:30 a.m. and went down to the lobbly to see if they had Gatorade. A few minutes later they delivered a bottle to our room, I was so impressed with their service.
If you have a chance to take in a show, they are sooo cute,. Sure it is cheesy but adorable and well done in my opinion.
Also, I liked that being a gated resort, you don't have to worry about vendors on the beach bothering you all the time.
The water is beautiful , but be advised water shoes are a must. I saw too many people trying to fight getting into the water to swim. Would be much easier to have water shoes.
Sorry, this is long but had so much to tell about, definitely going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Sea's turquoise waters can be seen from this hotel-paradise. Come and get ready to spend some unforgettable days in the heart of the Mayan Riviera, surrounded by marvelous landscapes and seductive, white sand beaches. The hotel is located in the wonderful Puerto Aventuras development. This is a tourist development which boasts a marina for yachts, a golf course, restaurants and dolphin tanks, all within easy reach of the main Mayan Riviera attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya All Inclusive
- Catalonia Mexico
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Aventuras