If you upgrade to "Privileged" you may have a more pleasant experience in terms of nicer rooms, better beach chairs, and access to two premium liquor bars....but I can't say for certain because I was an "underprivileged" guest and was restricted to those areas of the resort...and reminded of that often.
ROOMS: The standard garden rooms with a balcony have a decent view of the one pool area, but are lacking in terms of amenities inside. Dirty beat up doors, paint splattered closet mirrors, no alarm clock, one outlet (in the bathroom), and concrete beds covered in a sheet and one thin plain white blanket. When I removed my shoes upon arrival the white ceramic floors were covered in gritty sand. The walls and floors are paper thin and every movement can be heard by your neighbors. Luckily I stayed with a group of girlfriends so privacy in "that way" wasn't an issue.
FOOD: We stayed for 3 nights and were limited to 2 evenings of the nicer sit down restaurants. There are two buffets an indoor and an open air which seemed to serve similar choices. The food wasn't replenished as quick as it should have been and the stations where someone was preparing fresh food took a long time. My one friend waited at least 20-30 minutes for grilled chicken that she never got. We ate at the Italian restaurant and that was good. Our other choice was the Mexican and that was average. If you're looking for spicy "American Mexican" you may not enjoy this, but even knowing this the quality and presentation left much to be desired.
BEACH: Please DO NOT attempt unless you have water shoes. The rocks are dangerous!!! However, there was a BEAUTIFUL lagoon area with soft white sand to enjoy. The downside of the lagoon area is no bar nearby and back and forth jet-ski activity trying to get you to rent.
SERVICE: Several times I had to clear my own empty plate from my table at the buffet. We found one GREAT bartender (Manuel at the Tequila Bar) the others were mostly average, but a few just plain awful. No staff walking around taking orders.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Sea's turquoise waters can be seen from this hotel-paradise. Come and get ready to spend some unforgettable days in the heart of the Mayan Riviera, surrounded by marvelous landscapes and seductive, white sand beaches. The hotel is located in the wonderful Puerto Aventuras development. This is a tourist development which boasts a marina for yachts, a golf course, restaurants and dolphin tanks, all within easy reach of the main Mayan Riviera attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya All Inclusive
- Catalonia Mexico
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Aventuras