We stayed here in May of 08 . After vacationing the previous Spring at the Dreams Tulum we were disapointed by the offerings of the resort. Let me say the rooms were very nice and clean. Being avid snorkelers we were looking forward to the beach snorkeling area. Instead it turned out to be a sewage inlet that attracted fish looking for food in the stangnate water. The gated community added charm but not enough to distract from caliber of guests that we had to deal with daily. The pools were virtually unuseable unless you were a chain smoker, heavy drinking cussing, flashing partier. The open ocean is too rough for children and most adults to swim in .
I would saw stay away from this place if you have children or are looking for a relaxing vacation .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Sea's turquoise waters can be seen from this hotel-paradise. Come and get ready to spend some unforgettable days in the heart of the Mayan Riviera, surrounded by marvelous landscapes and seductive, white sand beaches. The hotel is located in the wonderful Puerto Aventuras development. This is a tourist development which boasts a marina for yachts, a golf course, restaurants and dolphin tanks, all within easy reach of the main Mayan Riviera attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya All Inclusive
- Catalonia Mexico
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Aventuras