I spent weeks looking on trip advisor deciding on hotels to stay at within Mexico and I definatly feel I made the right choice.
We arrived on Wednesday 10th June in the evening. We travelled with Thomas Cook so we had a free transfer to the hotel which did take about 1 hour 20 mins but the coach was comfortable and well air conditioned.
Upon arriving at the hotel we were greeted with cocktails, check-in took about 30 mins. We asked whether it would be possible to see a Junior Suite as we had planned on upgrading before we arrived. They showed us a room by the spa which had a king sized bed, a rain shower, plasma TV, free safe and a bath tub on the balcony. This cost $25 per night which we decided to do. For a junior suite with a sea view the cost was $35 per night and for a suite with a seperate lounge area it was $50 per night. However, these prices did increase whilst we were there so i dont think they are always the same price!!
The food was excellent, the best all inclusive experience ive had. The buffet restaurants are very good, but seeing re-fried beans and tacos for breakfast is sometimes enough to put you off eating!!
The al a carte restaurants are very easy to book in, but the hotel was very quiet when we were there.
The Japanese restauraunt has a really good atmosphere and a great show!!
The Steak restaurant we probably our favorite, the steaks were cooked perfectly and it was nice to eat outside with a sea breeze in the evening.
The mexican restaurant was also really good, the food and service was excellent!!
The Italian restaurant was probably out least favourite but the food was still good, we just didnt like the menu as much.
The Snack restaurant was excellent if you didnt really fancy a proper lunch, the burgers and chicken nuggets and chips were very good.
During the day chefs sometimes cooked on the beach the paella was very nice, there was also a burger and hotdog cart but be warned.... we tried the burgers 3 times here and not once were they cooked, so may be best to avoid!!!!!
Its is quicte rocky so I would recommend water shoes but people that complain about this need to realise that without the rocks there wouldn't be all the beautiful fish, it is a coral reef after all. Sunbeds were very easy to get whatever time of day you went down to the beach!!
We didnt ever have sunbeds around the pool as they tend to be a bit noisier but the pools were very clean and refreshing when you wanted to cool off from the heat.
We never used the spa as it was very expensive in my opinion you were looking at paying $95 for a 50 mins massage which would be about £65-70.
The gated community meant that it was very safe walking around. We walked down to the marina about 10-15 mins away in the evening and felt very safe!! You were also in a very good location for trips as most trips were within a 1 hour drive.
The staff were excellent and worked very hard to make sure your holiday was perfect. We tipped the maid a small amount each day and tipped in the a la carte restaurants but whether you tipped or not the service was still excellent.
The holiday was very relaxing and enjoyable and I would go back to the hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Sea's turquoise waters can be seen from this hotel-paradise. Come and get ready to spend some unforgettable days in the heart of the Mayan Riviera, surrounded by marvelous landscapes and seductive, white sand beaches. The hotel is located in the wonderful Puerto Aventuras development. This is a tourist development which boasts a marina for yachts, a golf course, restaurants and dolphin tanks, all within easy reach of the main Mayan Riviera attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya All Inclusive
- Catalonia Mexico
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Aventuras