Me and my partner travelled to the cat in Sep/Oct 2009 as a last minute 1 week getaway. As a travel agent for one of the biggest tour operators on the high street i am an extremely fussy customer!!
What a fab hotel and holiday it was!!
The only thing i would point out is the rooms, i would highly recommend to upgrade to the superior when you arrive as it is totally worth the money and made the hotel a definate 5* instead of the 4* status it currently has. For the extra $15 per night you got a whole range of extra goodies including free mini bar topped up everyday with beers, water, soft drinks. Free use of the safety deposit box, rainforest shower, modern decor, great balcony furniture, flat screen tv and the biggest bed i have seen in my life!! The cleanliness was outstanding.
We ordered room service of champagne and strawberries one night and they actually gave us this complimentary when we came to pay the bill at the end of the stay!!
The buffet restaurants, a la carte restaurants and poolside bar drinks were definately 5* quality. We tried the italian, japanese and mexican a la cartes and they were all fantastic, better than any of the specialty restaurants i have been to in the UK. The food at the buffet was fresh and there was a wide range to choice from so it never got boring. The chef cooked whatever fresh morning egg dish you wanted and any types of meat and pasta on an evening all done to order for you. The bars were brilliant and were not shy in the amount of alcohol they put in your drink, most alcohol was branded so you knew you was getting quality.
We made full use of the free kayak and scuba hire equipment. Which was a lovely little extra, you didnt need to go far to see the beautiful tropical fish. The beach was nice and quiet and everything you need, i wouldnt feel it neccesary to buy sea shoes as the rocks and stones are only for the first 50 metres into the sea.
The pools were brilliant, but we did tend to use the quieter pool. And for the whole trip we must of seen only a handful of well behaved children which was a bonus! But when they did pass with the childrens team they seemed to be having fun and were well taking care of.
The walk down to the mariner was lovely and we did have a royal swim with the dolphins which was great.
We did give a couple of dollar tips for the bar staff/cleaner everyday as the service was no short of fantastic and they truly deserved it.
Overall i would highly recommend this hotel if in doubt just BOOK BOOK BOOK, you wont be disappointed!! I would recommend it to any customer that came into our shop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Sea's turquoise waters can be seen from this hotel-paradise. Come and get ready to spend some unforgettable days in the heart of the Mayan Riviera, surrounded by marvelous landscapes and seductive, white sand beaches. The hotel is located in the wonderful Puerto Aventuras development. This is a tourist development which boasts a marina for yachts, a golf course, restaurants and dolphin tanks, all within easy reach of the main Mayan Riviera attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Stayforlong S.L., 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya All Inclusive
- Catalonia Mexico
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Aventuras