“Loved VDM C205!”
Review of Villas Del Mar

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Aventuras
Villas Del Mar
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We traveled to Mexico in April 2013 and stayed in Villas Del Mar C 205 (VDM C205). The unit was fabulous as was the beach and area. I would highly recommend the unit and this vacation. The unit has a great view of the pool and ocean, with convenient access to both. The owner Jim Baumgaertner and Jamie were great to work with and provided detailed information about the area, directions etc. The unit was clean and had been recently refurbished – very high quality. He did a fantastic job with the kitchen. Our friends were in C105 and also loved their unit. That unit is particularly nice if you want the larger balcony which was great for us with two families - 8 people.

We were able to go deep sea fishing and caught a large black fin tuna. I just walked over to the guys across from the entry and struck a deal - they were great. We loved the restaurants (especially Tiramisu - we ate there three times and got to know the very nice owner - and they cooked up our Tuna).

We also enjoyed other activities including diving, snorkeling and the ruins. The snorkeling was exceptional. This beach is very unique for snorkeling and swimming. There are a lot of areas close by with too much rock, but not this property. I would say this snorkeling was better than anything we have done in Hawaii. We also went to Xplore and had a great time.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank lb10002013
There are newer reviews for Villas Del Mar

Reviewed 27 June 2013

My wife and I stayed with another couple June 11-18 at Unit D-205. The condo itself was spotless - cleaner than my house. Very nice and comfortable accommodations for the 4 of us. The grounds of the condo were meticulously maintained, even in this very quiet low season. The staff was working on pool cleaning by 7am, the groundskeepers worked every day and not a blade of grass was out of place, and the beach was pristine (both clean and big compared to most other sections of Puerto Aventuras). Jose, the security manager, touched base with us every day to see if we were ok or needed anything. There were maybe 3-4 other families at the beach or pool on any given day, so we had palapas to ourselves.

Often we were the only people in the bay as far as the eye could see. Although I Scuba dived both in PDC and in Puerto, I saw the biggest Ray of the week about 30 yards straight in front of Villa Del Mar. Also saw sea turtles there and many more while snorkeling in Akumal. We took taxis everywhere. It was about $20 to PDC, $30 to Tulum, and maybe $4 or 50 pesos to get to the Chedraui grocery store, where we went twice during the week for supplies, including alcohol. The restaurants in Puerto were decent, but nothing to write home about. My favorite was latitude 20, about a 10-15 minute walk. Good happy hour (I believe 2 beers for 40 pesos), good personal pizzas and good shrimp tacos. Overall, I would come again in a heartbeat, and bring some more friends and family next time!

Room Tip: our unit D-205 had a partial view of the beach and bay, which was fine since we spent most of the da...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VTGobbler
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed at VDM in March 2013. Very nice property. Nice beach. Decent pool. No hotel amenities, but that's to be expected. Not a hotel. Some minor annoyances: no elevators (pain if u r on 3rd floor. Hot water wasn't working the whole time we were there. And water was shut off while my wife was in the middle of a shower! Comped a night b/c of that. Overall would go back. Several great restaurants and shops nearby in walking distance.
Lattitude 20 is great

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This was our 4th trip to Puerto Aventuras, 2nd trip staying in Villas Del Mar(April 2013). We were in C103 this trip and were thrilled with it. There's a couple cosmetic things that I would change (new oven and add a backsplash or repaint behind stove top) but other than that, it's perfect. The kitchen can be tight but we had someone cooking for us so the size of the kitchen never impacted us. I love how the sliders go the length of the family and dining room and the whole place can be open! There's a huge patio and large table for meals outside and a nice grassy space right in front. We hung out mostly in our "own" yard, with lounge chairs and a nice palm tree for shade when necessary.

This trip included my family of 4 and my parents and there was plenty of space and we never felt crowded in this condo. Bedrooms are spacious and clean as are the bathrooms. There's also a half bath off the kitchen and a HUGE laundry room, plenty of space to store things etc.

The pool was cool-comfortable and never crowded. My girls ages 6 and 7 LOVE coming to PA! We always have a cook but have tried a few of the restaurants as well and often walk into town for dessert in the evenings. We really like Massimo (homemade pasta!) and Paparazzi pizza. Desserts and live music at Cafe Ole' (my husband loves the homemade Coconut cream pie!)

As always, Andrew at Solmaya Rentals is helpful and kind. Very easy to work with!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JEB1212
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We just arrived home yesterday so I'll write this review while it is still fresh in my mind! We rented C205 for nine nights and it was amazing. We are so glad we didn't do the all inclusive thing! The condo was perfect for our family vacation ( me, hubby, 2 daughters, ages11 and 14). Firstly, the place was spacious for all. It is so worth having our own bedrooms! And seperate bathrooms. The gourmet kitchen is new and fairly well equiped. I didn't let one gross cutting board ruin my experience ( there is another perfectly good cutting board there too FYI). We had house cleaning twice and that was a real treat. The ladies were super sweet and very thorough, a change in sheets and towels were done both times. I remembered to tip them and they were super appreciative. The king sized bed was very comfy and the sheets were high thread count soft. We barely used the air conditioner, kept the windows open for fresh ocean breezes, although we did have some cool nights where aircon was not required. The kids had a hot tub on
the balcony one night. We watched one movie on netflix but the rest of time, we barely watched TV. The whole complex was lovely, the pools and grounds are well maintained. Every morning I'dbe the first to get up and watch the sunrise with my coffee and by 7:30 am the pool guy was there to clean it and by 8:00am the beach and grounds keepers would show up to sweep and rake. The beach in front of the complex was the best of all resorts in PA. (although nothing can compare to the beaches in Veradero Cuba!). Our kids swam in both the pools and ocean equally, they pretty much went back and forth between the two. There were tons of families while we were there with lots of kids running around having fun. This was a great family place to stay. By 6:00 pm (sun is down by then) most people have returned to there condos or have gone out for dinner. We ate at a few places in PA, all were very good and a nice break from cooking. I would highly recommend the little farmers market that rolls into town Wed. And Saturdays starting at 8:00 am. There are fresh veggies, fruits and herbs. Prices are crazy good, stock up on avocadoes, limes, cucs and tomatotes. The watermelon was also delicious. We also favored a little bakery in town that sold fresh baguettes and pain au chocolats. Some of our highlights in PA included renting bikes and exploring around....found a secret authentic mayan ruin in a near by lagoon, Snorkeling, playing tennis at the tennis courts within the complex, and of course visiting the dolphins in the marina. We rented a car for 3 days ( have Jaime the manager help you with this). We paid $50 per day, including insurance. Jaime drove us to the rental spot across the highway to get the car. Actually, this was extremely interesting to see the other half of PA, where the locals live and work...authentic Mexico...good for the kids to see too. Having a car allowed to explore so much more, would highly recommend the cenotes Labnaha and Tulum ( pay for a guide, so worth it). Overall, our stay in Villas del Mar was awesome. I have a feeling we'll be back to the exact place and I would rent C205 again. The owner was enthusiastic and
great to work with.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank margarittaswaiting
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This is definitely the best condo complex in PA. We have traveled around many parts of Mexico and this by far was the place we felt safest with our kids (ages 12 and 10) wandering around (within reason, of course)
The beach area in front on villas del mar was very very nice and great for swimming and we could always find a beach chair.. However, the beach to the left and right was very rocky! I really missed the ability to take long walks on the sandy beach. The kids enjoyed exploring the rocks but it really was disappointing the lack of beach in this area. The Omni seriously needs to do something in front of their complex it is a mess!

We rented the C305 unit through Andrew at Sol Maya Vacation rentals. He was awesome to work with!I would definitely recommend anyone looking to rent at Villas Del Mar to use him to rent through. He was very responsive to anything we needed or had questions on. He will even help you book excursions.

C305 was a very nice unit. We had 8 staying there and never felt cramped and the unit was very clean. The master bedroom upstairs is very nice with a fantastic ocean view! The other bedroom upstairs also has a nice ocean view. The bedroom on the main floor does not have an ocean view but it still was nice. All bedrooms have their own bathrooms. There is also a half bath on the main floor where the washer and dryer are located. The Patio area was large and the kids loved the small tub located there. This unit overall was very nice for a group of 6 -8, if you want beachfront you will get it with this unit. We would use this unit again especially because you can see the beach and the pool very well.

The pool at the condo complex was big and we never had any issues finding chairs to lay on. The complex is a few blocks away the marina area where the restaurants, stores and dolphins are. It was so nice to be so close to all of those things!

This is a very family oriented resort! We met quite a few families that come back year after year. We would definitely consider coming back to this condo complex the next time we are in this area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Gina at PAcondos.com did a great job finding us this unit right in the middle of spring break.

Spent a week in #C204 (Casa Pamela) with wife, daughter and sister-in-law, and couldn't be more pleased. Everything spic-and-span. Very solid construction, and so very quiet. Great view of Fatima Bay. The condo is set back though, so you only see half the bay, with wall of adjoining condo blocking the seaward half of the bay. But then again, condo came at a lower price than the full bay view.

The condo owners have thought of everything. New, very comfortable furniture; great beds, TV/DVD in living room, and master; medium sized patio with gas BBQ, and more than fully stocked kitchen . Dishes, cooking untencils, pots and pans, you name it and it's sure to be there.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family