We booked our vacation at the Barceló Maya Caribe. When we arrived at the resorts the Caribe was closed due to rebuilding. We were put in the Colonial; there are 4 resorts you could go to normally.
We booked the trip as a package with $2,000.00 towards upgrades through TNT. Some of these were okay however the upgrade of the room cost us an extra $300.00. Only the people at the front desk and a couple of wait staff and bartenders spoke English. The food was low grade, the buffets were awful although you could find some things you could eat. Breakfast was the best meal they cooked your eggs in front of you.
We went on an excursion to Cozumel which cost $280.00 for two of us booked through the hotel. We were promised shopping and snorkeling on the National Sea Shore Reef. We were taken out to where the cruise ships were. The reef was very tiny with only a couple of types of fish.The shopping was a set up of a couple of small shacks. Very disappointed. We went into Playa Del Carmen we felt like every merchant was trying to scam us. Although the ocean was beautiful the overall experience was terrible. I would not go back to Mexico.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Barcelo, TravelUp, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Maya Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Beach
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Aventuras