We travelled to Barcelo Maya Caribe in January for a wedding. We had originally been told that we were going to be staying in the newly upgraded Barcelo Maya Beach but, upon arrival, ended up at the Caribe. It wasn't until the middle of our trip that the group found out that we weren't staying in the part of the resort we had been promised. The Caribe is lovely and apparently there is no real difference, aside from the renovations, but if you have your heart set on one or the other, be sure to confirm and reconfirm.
The service was ok. With the exception of the service staff at the wedding itself, no one really went out of their way and there was often a long wait to get a drink...even for people who tip regularly.
The food was typical resort/buffet food. As with any all-inclusive, go off the resort for real Mexican food.
Overall, we had a lovely time with friends and the wedding we attended was beautiful.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Barcelo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Maya Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Beach
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Aventuras