Just returned yesterday from a 4 day weekend with a large group (16 of us total). On our last night while we were in the hotel bar our rooms were ransacked. During a 3 hour period we had 2 iPods, 1 iPhone, a play station portable and a pair of Ray Ban's stolen from our rooms. Yes, I know, use the safe. When you leave your room at 9 and come back at midnight expecting the maid's or whomever not to be in your room I figured we were good. Lesson learned.
Come to find out the following morning that some of the people in our party were able to get into their rooms (they only gave each couple 1 room key) by merely asking anyone from the maid service to let them in.
When I went to the concierge in the morning to try and get help I got none. They said they didn't have any reports of anything being stolen and started playing the "my english is not very good" card. Funny how that works.
I've stayed at several all inclusives and this is the first time I've had this problem. Aside from the thieves that live off this place, the food was o.k. (had to pay extra to eat at one of the restaurants, somehow that's not included in the all-inclusive title) and the beach and pool were good.
I stayed at the next resort over 2 years ago (Aventura Spa Palace) and would definitely reccomend that over this place.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Barcelo, Holiday Gems, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Maya Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Beach
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Aventuras