“The best on the Marina”

Pelican Point Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$4 - US$35
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dockside alongside the local fishing boats we are fortunate to get first pickings of the best catches of each and every day. Outside Deck Terrace seating as well as inside. Open from 5pm. Open MONDAY through Sunday. Enchanting nautical theme. Good spot for any occasion. Fully stocked bar where you can stop by and have a drink (Martini, Manhatten, Margarita, Daquiris, Mai Tai, Pina Coladas, Beer, Smoothies or a variety of wines by the glass or bottle etc), and also enjoy the view!. A good choice when its hot, there is an air conditioned area. A good choice if its cold, there is heating to make it cozy and warm, a good choice if its raining as it is under a roof. For lovers of good food, a nice attention and romantic evenings, find Pelican Point next to Aventuras Club, Puerto Aventuras Marina. Closed SUNDAYS and for the months of September and october.
Atlanta
“The best on the Marina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My friend and I enjoyed a wonderful meal at Pelican Point. Located overlooking the marina the atmosphere is a touch of 'nautical decor' and romantically lite at night. Definitely a spot to enjoy cocktails after a day of fishing. Nan is a local and knew the owner. But, that really didn't change the royal treatment we received. It is 'fine dining' with excellent and attentive service. We split starters of escargot and a baked scallop dish. We also shared the entree of steak and lobster. More food than we could eat. The owner, Guillermo, helped with our wine selection. After dinner we were treated to a tour of his new kitchen. I don't consider this a 'pricey' dining option. Our elegant meal for two was $104US, that included cocktails, wine and tip. Will certainly return and have already recommended to my vacation rental guests.

• Visited March 2014

Montreal, Canada
“Best caesar salad in the Yucatan...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

My family and I ate here on our last night in Puerto Aventuras. It's a grill, owned by a Mexican-American guy (Guermo?), and is located kind of off-the-map in the PA marina. I'm a vegetarian, so the menu was kind of limited for me, but there are secret soups not listed on the menu that are all veggie. I ordered the caesar salad (made at the table! like the real thing!! you can choose what you want, i.e. no anchovies) and had a black bean soup. It was delicious. The salad was excellent - real romaine lettuce, really good garlicky dressing, and crispy croutons. The soup was good, too, although nothing particularly special. My sister had the grilled artichoke, which she fell in love with, and my uncle had the fish of the day (wahoo) which was, according to him, delicious. The owner guy was super nice, and really paid special attention to us, making us feel all fancy :o)

Would definitely go back here - the food in PA can be a bit monotonous, so this was a really, really nice change.

Regina, Canada
“Fine Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Pelican Point is located a few blocks from the main Marina where most of the other bars and restaurants are situated. Pelican Point offers a variety of fine dining with mostly different steaks and seafood throughout the menu. It is a bit pricey considering you are in Mexico $20-$35 a plate.

1 Thank bamabreeze45
Lake Stevens, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Guillermo wins!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We have family who live in Puerto Aventuras and we stayed with them for a little over a week. We tried several of the restaurants and Guillermo was by far the best! I had fresh Oysters Rockefeller, made at the table Ceasar salad, fresh seafood lasagna, and key lime pie. It was all wonderful--absolutely not one criticism. The Caesar salad was probably the best salad I have ever had and the server who made it was kind of a character. :) The oysters were cooked to a wonderful crispy golden brown crust on top and were seasoned perfectly. And the lasagna was so flavorful and light, it was incredibly surprising. I don't usually order lasagna, as it's just so heavy and rich, but this was so great, I ate it for breakfast the next morning! The key lime pie was THE best I have ever had!! By far. It was rich yet not heavy and the crust was amazing!

Mill Creek, Washington
“Pelican point perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Everything about my experience here was nothing short of wonderful. Guillermo the owner chef is the perfect proprietor. From the moment you walk in you're treated like old friends. His personal attention to every table is warm and welcoming and he is so charming I thought he would just be a wonderful dinner companion; alas he does have a business to run. Dinner at Pelican Point is nothing short of wonderful. Food perfectly prepared, and delivered in an amazingly timely fashion. From the assortment of freshly baked dinner rolls to the best key lime pie I've ever tasted this place is a total win. I tried to keep most of my food choices to those sourced locally which even according to competitors, Guillermo always gets the best picks of the fresh catch. I really can't say enough good things. If you find yourself in town please stop by for a classy wonderfully prepared dinner and a great ambiance.

• Visited March 2014