Totally recommend this hotel. We'd go back again. My boyfriend and I spent a week at Dreams. We did a little bit of activities and a lot of relaxing.
Musts – Visit the marina area.
Don'ts – Don't visit the spa unless you're paying the price for the special. Its so over priced.
Food - We thought the food was quite good. Breakfast buffet was excellent. The best scrambled eggs, sausage, and hash browns I've ever had I think. We really enjoyed Oceana, the adult only seafood restaurant. Food was very good. Our meal at the Mexican restaurant was also very good. With all the restaurants I recommend the fish. I think its mostly about expectations. Do you really expect something you always get at cheesecake factory to be the same in Mexico? One evening we walked down to the marina area for shopping and dinner. I highly recommend Tirami....su. I had the chicken fettuccine Alfredo and my boyfriend had the flank steak. It was just a lovely place to sit and eat. You can listen to the waterfall, watch the dolphins and enjoy the breeze. After dinner we walked to the other side to a place that serves crepes and ice cream. I loved the coconut ice cream.
Staff – Everyone was super friendly. Everyone at the hotel, the taxi drivers, the locals in the marina area. We always felt very safe.
Excursions - We booked a trip through the Olympus rep to Xel-Ha and Tulum. Wonderful day. They picked us up before 8 am and we had a guided tour of the ruins and at noon they brought us to Xel-Ha. Super, super, super fun. Its like swimming in a huge aquarium, there are that many fish. We stayed all day. Considering we saw two sites, had transportation, and the food and that Xel-Ha is all inclusive for food a drinks I think $119/pp was a great price. It was a bit different then what the rep told us would happen. She said they'd take us to Xel-Ha and we'd have a choice of 4 departure times for Tulum. But when we got to Xel-Ha we just got on another bus for Tulum right away. But it worked out because by noon I was definitely ready to get in the water. Another day we took a cab on our own to Playa Del Carmen ($23 each way) and took the ferry to Cozumel (300 pesos/pp) and spend about 5 hours there. You can stay in Playa and shop but we've been there before and wanted to see what Cozumel was like. Its a cruse ship port so there are a lot of jewelry, cigar, and other touristy shops. But we still had a great time.
Money – I suggest taking about $100 in ones per adult. The dollar is accepted by just about everyone. And a few dollars as tip for meals is greatly appreciated. I do not recommend using the ATM machine at the hotel or anywhere else maybe. I used on in Playa, took our $200 dollars and got charged almost $40 in fees. Maybe the regular banks or the exchanges places are better.
Beach – While the beach itself is small, the area is still plenty big enough to accommodate everyone. This is not a place to stroll for miles on white sand. The beach entrance into the water is tight due to the rocky shores one either side but there was plenty of sea to swim in. And I really don't understand people complaining about the beach chairs. We didn't venture down to the beach until at least 11-2, which I consider the peak time, and there were plenty of empty beach chairs. Tons really. One day we walked to the resort next door and swam in their lagoon. That was nice too.
Room – If you are a light sleeper I think you should specifically request a quiet room. Ours was on the ocean side overlooking the main pool. Every morning as soon as the sun came up the birds in the trees started screaming. I was up at 6 almost every day. But that helped to make me exhausted enough to sleep through the loud music and screams that come from the pool area for my afternoon nap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico