My husband and I stayed at this Dreams in early December. It is a very nice property. Everything was clean and in good repair, beds were comfortable, food at the buffet was good and plentiful, the a la carte restaurants prepared excellent dishes, drinks were top shelf and strong (unless you asked for less). In short all the basics you would expect from a high end all-inclusive were present and up to the expected standards. I also really liked the location of this resort (once we completed the LONG ride from Cancun). I could walk to a shopping area and run along the Marina and next to a golf course. But, I do think that this resort is much better suited to families than to couples.
The beach is a nice small curve of white sand that offers protected swimming. There is a ‘natural aquarium pool’ that is good for viewing fish. There is a ‘dolphin experience’ within easy walking distance. Everything is in a compact area that would make it easy to keep track of everyone. There is a kids club (and the kids looked like they were having fun). There is a ‘child free’ area which includes a pool and the seafood restaurant, where parents could get some ‘couple time’ while their children were at the club., They had activities during the day that kids would enjoy (pottery painting). Finally, there are a LOT of children with which yours could make friends.
There are a LOT of children and only one ‘child free’ area. This area had no view and few activities. Many of the activities in the main area are geared toward children. The resort is very compact-which makes it difficult to get away from everyone.
Finally, I need to give kudos to Felipe at the Barracuda bar who made a special pot of tea so I could have iced tea without sugar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travelbag, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico