My husband I were married at the resort on May 24, 2013 and we are so glad we picked this resort. We had 26 people total in our group and although a few people had phone and toilet issues, everyone had a wonderful time and had so many compliments.
Lets start with when we first got to the resort. Upon arriving at the resort, we were greeted by several friendly employees and it was at that point that we met Marco. Marco was absolutely wonderful the entire time we were at the hotel. He was friendly, helpful, and was always looking out for our guests. If we needed anything, he made sure it was done. We had a room on the preferred club floor so even though we were there before check in, our room was ready to go and our bags made it to our room almost immediately after we did. Our room was great as well. Mini bar was always stocked and I am pretty sure there was someone in our room 2-3 times per day either cleaning, doing turn down service or filling our minibar. Beds and pillows were really comfortable and we slept great the entire time we were there. Our view was SPECTACULAR. Ocean view on the 7th floor is beautiful.
The grounds of this hotel are very nice. Especially with such a large group of people, it was nice that we could always find each other. We spent time on both the ocean side and the adult side of the hotel, both were great. I especially was happy that there were towels always available and there were no towel cards. Have had to do that elsewhere is the past and it is so inconvenient. The grounds of the hotel are nice also because if you walk around to the Barracuda bar side of the hotel, there is some quiet beach area. Beach was always clean and there were plenty of chairs even though the hotel was full.
I have seen many complaints about restaurants but I would have to say that I disagree. Breakfast at the buffet was very good. Most days, we had burgers from the grill by the beach but there was also a Memorial Day BBQ on the beach that was really good. Sushi restaurant was really good and it was nice because there were small portions. Could try many things or kind of do sushi as a predinner snack. Oceana had good food as did Portofino. El Patio had slow service but the food was excellent.
Fourteen people in our group swam with the dolphins and manatees. I have done this before at Xcaret but this program was so much better. There was so much interaction with the dolphins and manatees. Normally, groups only have 10 people but the program was very accommodating so that we could all go together.
We also took a trip to Dreams Tulum to check out the Preferred Club. This hotel is stunning and we will probably return there. Very nice and we received $150.00 in resort credit that we used towards the dolphins. This is also a good way to have most of the taxi cost to Tulum paid for. The hotel pays for part of the transportation.
The spa is very nice here. I get massages every six weeks and this was by far the best massage I have ever had. Also, I had my make up for my wedding done at the spa and the girl did an excellent job.
Finally, we of course went to this resort for our wedding. Jacki, the wedding coordinator, is absolutely amazing. Everything was taken care of and we had to do very little once we arrived at the resort to get ready for the wedding. We had a bonfire on the beach the night before the wedding. This was worth every penny that we spent for it. The appetizers were great and were really more like a meal. Mini cheeseburgers, hot dogs, quesadillas, empanadas and flautas. Really good. The wedding gazebo on the beach is a wonderful setting for weddings and the flowers and setup were very nice. We had cocktail hour at Barracuda Bar and had a mariachi band. The appetizers were really good. Then there was the reception. We had the reception on adult side of the hotel on the terrace. The food was unbelievable. An appetizer, soup, salad, entree, and dessert. It was SO much food. We had filet and lobster. It was excellent and the presentation of all of the food was beautiful. The wedding cake was also so good. We had a DJ and had so much fun. We even had a little girl wander over and a few of us spent some time with her dancing. She was so cute. The morning after the wedding breakfast was sent to our room as was the top of our cake and all of the wedding flowers. We are so happy with how everything turned out and I don't think we could have asked for it to be any better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico