“Best service and food we ever had at an all inclusive”

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best service and food we ever had at an all inclusive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Sept 26 thru oct. 3rd. Me and husband have stayed at 12 different all inclusives during the past 7 years. In our opinion dreams PA was the perfect fit for us. We dined at all restaurants at the resort. Seaside grills fish tacos best ever and their coconut and chocolate ice creams awesome. We were not going to eat at sushi restraint because hubby not into sushi. Other guests recommended we go for appetizers and it ended up being unique flavors that hubby and I enjoyed. Ate entire meal here a favorite for us. Oceana seafood restaraunt on marina side had a dolphin jump out of water while eating dinner. We enjoyed all restaraunts we did not think world cafe the buffet was as good as some other all inclusives as far as the food. The service at world cafe was good. Service everywhere was the best we ever had anywhere that we ve been. These waiters bar staff and staff in lobby were above and beyond what we could expect. Our room was perfect always everything we needed. View of marina awesome room 633. We never return to same all inclusives but would definitely come back here. Every person we conversed with we're very impressed as well. We are 48 and 52 years old and this was a perfect fit. With our experience being wonderful it is hard to believe others negative reviews

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Mljoyce
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Mljoyce,

Receiving such wonderful comments and feedback from such well travelled guests is especially pleasing for us as we do pride ourselves on guest service and continually strive for overall guest satisfaction. Our team will be delighted that they were able to impress you with their levels of service!

It would be an absolute honor to be able to welcome you both back again in the near future.

Econcierge & Social Media Coordinator
econcierge.drepa@dreamsresorts.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,288)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Dreams Puerto Aventuras from Sept. 15th to the 22nd and had an amazing time. We are in our late 20’s and it was her first time on a plane, and first time leaving Canada. I can’t say enough good things about this resort, the staff, and the great memories we have here that will last forever.

From check-in to check-out we were treated like royalty. As soon as we stepped off the transfer bus we were handed champagne and a cold towel. We were constantly having drinks brought to us, even when we were on the beach! (something that does not happen at most other all-inclusives) Shout out to Erika our favorite server for keeping us hydrated, Jesus on the entertainment team for getting the party started every night, and Rebecca for being awesome. The staff here is incredible, the level of service made me never want to leave. They really are there to make sure you have the best time of your life.

Our room was great, excellent view of the dolphins, part of the ocean, and the quieter adults only pool side. The shower was MASSIVE, and the bed was comfortable and comparable to mine at home. The mini fridge was always waiting for us to return full of ice cold coronas, bottled water, and a variety of soda.

This resort is not massive, and the open air concept makes it really cool. This is especially good for people who don’t want to walk 20 minutes just to get a beach chair, everything was very close. The pools were all spectacular, and the beach itself is smaller and very calm. Great for first timers to the ocean!

Our favorite bars were Manatees on the adult only side or BARracuda with the swings right on the ocean. Nothing beats sipping a cold Pacifico or margarita there and watching the waves crash against the rocks. The blended drinks here are all great, they use premium booze and with several types of everything you could ever want to choose from. Also a wide beer selection which is awesome compared to most resorts with just one or two brands to pick from. As much as I love beer it can get tiring drinking the same brand for an entire week and nothing else, but not at Dreams where you have tons of choices!

The food was all satisfying. The buffet was, well a buffet which I am not a huge fan of to begin with, but it was good for breakfast and had tons of fresh fruit. Getting room service was always prompt, and the a la carte restaurants were also great. I had one of the best chicken dishes of my life at the Italian restaurant, and the Gohan sushi bar was surprisingly good and comparable to the authentic Japanese restaurants I eat at while home in Toronto. And the service!!! Wow! Even the wait staff at the restaurant was beyond incredible.

This resort would be amazing for a family as most of the action is on the all ages side of the pool, but I recommend this even to couples like us as we had an awesome time. If the kids get a bit overwhelming, the quiet adults only side is a nice escape for an afternoon.

We will definitely be back for our next trip to the Mayan area and recommend this to all our family and friends who are thinking of having a vacation there. Our vacation was truly a “Dream” come true, thank you for making it so great! We can’t wait to return!

Room Tip: Our dolphinview room was quiet and just perfect.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Mike T
Dear ChR0n1k,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share such a wonderfully detailed review and such beautiful photos following your recent vacation here with us. We are delighted that you had the chance to fully experience and enjoy every aspect of the Unlimited Luxury we have to offer. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction, and our team will be particularly pleased to read such glowing comments.

It was my personal pleasure to have been able to meet and assist you and I speak for our entire staff team when I say we hope to have the chance to welcome you both back in the near future.

E-Concierge & Social Media Coordinator
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Before our trip I contacted the concierge Rebecca about a few surprises for my husband as we were celebrating his birthday on the trip. She was wonderful and quick to respond to any question I had. Upon arrival we received champagne and cold clothes and checked in. After changing for the pool I walked out of the bathroom to see a waiter with a skinny girl margarita on a tray for me (I had asked Rebecca if they knew had to make them in our email correspondence). What a way to kick off a vacation in luxury. We quickly went to the beach and swam in the crystal clear water. (The beach is small compared to most beaches but it was perfect to us). As we walked around the property we saw the Baracuda bar and the natural pool. Needless to say, traveling without a little one, we found the perfect quiet location that we went to every day. The natural pool was clear with some great little fish to view. The waiters came right to your palapa to get food and drink orders. We enjoyed dinners at Gohan, Oceana and Portofino as well as a romantic dinner on the beach. I would say that service was a little slow for everything but Oceana. Oceana was our favorite- we were seated right next to the water each time and listened to the dolphins play in the darkness. Our room was upgraded for free to a dolphin view and it was beautiful- but honestly we didn't spend too much time there. I experienced no mold or rusty water or anything unpleasant for that matter. It does say on the door to the balcony to keep it closed or moisture will get into the room- and that's because of their climate. We spent time in the gym which was small and perfect- we also got deep tissue massages on the beach which were amazing. Drinks were great and if they were too weak or too sweet we asked them to make another or add more alcohol (it's all inclusive folks- they pretty much bend over backwards to make you happy). I can only remember Charlie at the Baracuda bar who was amazing...But truly everyone we encountered was helpful and just delightful in customer service. We had seaside for lunch everyday- the guac was to die for and the chips were freshly made. The fish tacos were my favorite! We loved this resort and will be back- we met great friends (Lanna, Dave, Tim, Brian, Shannon, Laura....oh the list could go on and on!!) lastly- you really won't have a good time on any vacation if you are a miserable, picky person. This place is wonderful with an amazing staff- it is in NO WAY run down!!! I would call run down some of the shacks you see on the road in Mexico- not this place. If you can't have fun here- you can't have fun anywhere! Great job Dreams PA, until we meet again!!!

• Stayed September 2013
6 Thank Sunshinedreamin
Dear Sunshinedreamin,

We are delighted to hear that you were able to fully enjoy such a special vacation here with us! It was a personal pleasure to have been able to assist you prior to your arrival and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your welcome cocktail.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience experienced during the romantic meal. This is definitely not in keeping with how we prepare and carry out these special occasions and please rest assured that this issue has been addressed in order to avoid any such bad impressions in the future.

Once again, it was an honor to have had you all here with us and we would be thrilled to have the chance to welcome you all back once again in the near future.

E-Concierge & Social Media Coordinator
Manahawkin, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was the first time my husband and I vacationed at this end of Mexico so we were nervous on what to expect, but let me tell you we where blown away...We had an excellent 5 night vacation! The food exceeded our expectations so much that I can't even put it into words. The Customer Service was just that customer friendly, they were always there to help you with whatever you needed. We felt very welcomed and at home and it was only our first time there and believe me it won't be our last. We can't wait to go back and yes I HIGHLY recommend this Resort.

Room Tip: we had a standard room and that was just as nice over looking the adult pool they call it the garden...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank deliciousdeb703
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear deliciousdeb703,

Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful comments regarding our customer service and the food you were able to try during your stay here with us at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.
Our entire team, especially our head chef, we delighted to hear such great feedback.

We hope you are able to come back and visit us once again in the near future so we can ensure that you have yet another wonderful vacation here with us.

Little Hocking, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was mine and my husband's first trip to Mexico. We had a wonderful time!! The resort was beautiful and the customer service was excellent!! The staff made us feel like we were the only people there. Will be visiting again soon and will be staying at Dreams Puerto Aventuras again. The only complaint was the rain, but we still had a great time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lisa M
Dear Lisa M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback here with the Tripadvisor community following your recent stay here with us here at Dreams Puerto Aventuras.

We are overjoyed to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and that the unfortunate weather conditions did not dampen your overall experience here with us.

We hope to be able to welcome you back once again within the near future

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I know it has taken me quite a while to write this, but better late than never. My girlfriends and I stayed at Dreams for my graduation celebration. It was all of our first times in Mexico. Once we arrived, we were warmly greeted, but had to wait an hour for our room, which was fine. We changed and relaxed by the pool. Thats when we met the entertainment team. Ivan, my favorite, Jesus, and Israel all played a huge part in making our trip wonderful. They made us feel special and always had us laughing. Alfonso at the swim up bar made the best drinks. Juan at the buffet remembered all of our names and always greeted us with a smile. Zaitseff was the most amazing cons. EVER! I have been dying to go back, if not only to see the staff again! There was condensation on the floor and deck in the mornings, but never any problem with mold. The Salmon at the seafood restaurant was the best I have ever had. Overall it was a great experience and I wish I could come back tomorrow!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Kasafras10
Dear Kasafras10,

First and foremost we are honored that your chose our resort for your very first visit to Mexico and we are extremely pleased to hear that you had a great time here with us.

Our entire team will be delighted with your comments, especially Zaitseff and the other staff members you took the time to mention.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back once again in the not too distant future

Puerto Aventuras
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed here the last week of september, we are a family of 4 (mom,dad,2 boys 6 and 4 years), we all enjoyed our stay, the staff exceeded customer service expectations as each one on them made sure that we were all taking care of. Very friendly place with friendly service. We already recommended this hotel to our family and friends and two of them already booked to go next month.
Thanks to Victor Excellente and Daniel form the entertainment team for their friendly service. Thank you also to Fausto the manager of world cafe and Gohan for his over the top customer service.
we will be going back next year and I hope to see them again there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Ghizlane M
E-Concierge-DreamsPA, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Ghizlane M,

Thank you for choosing Dreams Puerto Aventuras for your recent family vacation here. We are extremely pleased to read your glowing review and you would visit us again.

Please rest assured that all of your great comments will be shared with our operations team, especially with Victor, Daniel and Fausto who will be particularly pleased to learn that there service was recognized.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
#2 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,923 reviews
Grand Bahia Principe Coba
Occidental at  Xcaret Destination
Occidental at Xcaret Destinatio...
#72 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
4.0 of 5 bubbles 11,563 reviews
Catalonia Riviera Maya
Catalonia Riviera Maya
#8 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
4.0 of 5 bubbles 8,169 reviews

Been to Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!